IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

I still get a ton of annoying half-broken shit on iOS 10.2 and also macOS 12.2

it's all more or less in the vain of what modey said, just little things which make you go "ugh" over and over again.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On iOS 10, my iPhone 6s has started doubling all tracks purchased from the iTune store, even though in my iTunes Windows folder, there is only one copy of each song.  I went thru my entire audio library, deleting every duplicate track, and upon the next sync, it redoubled them again!  The only fix I've found, is deleting all of those tracks from my phone and library, and re-downloading each album one at a time from iTunes.

Just works my ass.

somehow something that's needed for booting got fucked.

installed macOS on external drive and now pulling the data from internal SSD, files seem to be fine.

FYI this happened right after installing Paragon NTFS & restarting. Before that I've been trying to copy a movie file to my roomie's PC for like an hour (you have a USB drive? Cool - oh, I can't write to that.. hey lets try my drive. What, you can't read that? Lets try network. Ok lets not try network. Hey lets try this SD card. Gotta format it. Oh, doesn't work! Then installed that thing for writing NTFS and POOF)

I still get a ton of annoying half-broken shit on iOS 10.2 and also macOS 12.2

it's all more or less in the vain of what modey said, just little things which make you go "ugh" over and over again.

yup.. and they keep changing the fkn keyboard layout/spacing/behaviour, ever so slightly, so my accuracy is shitty until I get used to it, which is around the time the next update comes out! On a positive note, it made me switch to swiftkey, which seems nice so far..

itunes. what a nightmare. that app hasn't been usable for about 6-7 years now. and it's what your supposed to use to manage all of your music and ios devices. :facepalm:

back in the day, you would get a new mac os & you would spend your time adding stuff to it. now, i spend all my time stripping stuff out of it before i can use it. spotlight, dashboard, notification center, handoff, siri, imessage, icloud... i don't want any of that crap on my laptop. the mac os has slowly but surely become the bloatware that windows used to be. terrible.

spotlight is bloatware. throws way too much useless crap at you when you search. + i don't like some extra process constantly indexing every single thing i download, every external drive i connect, etc... i push my laptop hard & work a lot with large audio / video files doing realtime processing... if i connect an external drive with a bunch of files on it spotlight will thrash the hell out of the disk as it indexes & slows everything down + eats up cpu.

i keep my file system organized so i rarely need to search. when i do, i use Easyfind: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11076/easyfind

Is quicksilver still being developed though? I used that for a bit but then switched to Launchbar because QS was rather buggy and not really fixable, and nobody was really working on it, and that was ca 2009ish.

looking at the site it's still the same site from 2009... app also looks the same.. blast from the past! it does say it works with OS X 10.10 though so yea looks like they keep it somewhat up to date..

well the thing with Launchbar is, it's a bit simpler but it's less buggy. I like it more.

Is quicksilver still being developed though? I used that for a bit but then switched to Launchbar because QS was rather buggy and not really fixable, and nobody was really working on it, and that was ca 2009ish.

looking at the site it's still the same site from 2009... app also looks the same.. blast from the past! it does say it works with OS X 10.10 though so yea looks like they keep it somewhat up to date..

well the thing with Launchbar is, it's a bit simpler but it's less buggy. I like it more.

Still works very well, modules are maintained or discarded, and new modules developed.

I can count the number of crashes on one hand, and I've been using it for a long ass time.

Archived