IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

BoC and AE are the only way they could truly follow up to the AFX & Squarepusher superslam they had going on last year, for me anyway.

I am a bit worried they'll try and pick up more boring artists to sell more tickets, but last year seemed to do just fine with the balance they had.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they go for the big mainstream names i don't think it would benefit them as much as AFX did last year, unless those mainstream names come with a great deal of rarity or exclusivity. There aren't many artists left who inspire the kind of passion AFX does where people will fly in from all over the world to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, lives and safety are the real priority currently but I'm skeptical as to how Houston could pull off a Day For Night now in just 90 days or so. This is Katrina level shit now.

I read somewhere that the city is going to be inhabitable again from anywhere between a few weeks to a few months. You may be right.

Obviously, lives and safety are the real priority currently but I'm skeptical as to how Houston could pull off a Day For Night now in just 90 days or so. This is Katrina level shit now.

I read somewhere that the city is going to be inhabitable again from anywhere between a few weeks to a few months. You may be right.

I'm downtown right now - life is returning to normal faster than you'd expect it to. DfN old houston post office location is dry, building looks intact.

• 3 weeks later...

Word is floating around that this is the official lineup. It was taken down from the site in 5 minutes:

Sound

Nine Inch Nails Thom Yorke Solange Justice St. Vincent Tyler, The Creator James Blake Pretty Lights Jamie XX Autechre Phantogram Pussy Riot The Jesus Lizard Laurie Anderson REZZ Nina Kraviz Godspeed You! Black Emperor Cashmere Cat Cardi B Perfume Genius Sky Ferreira Gas En Vogue Lil B of Montreal Venetian Snares x Daniel Lanois Princess Nokia Kimbra Mount Kimbie Corbin Shlohmo The Album Leaf G Jones Forest Swords Babyfather DJ Tennis Tim Hecker Shabazz Palaces Andy Stott Jessy Lanza Jlin Priests Bjarki Roni Size Demdike Stare Saro Rabit x House of Kenzo Marcus Marr HoodCelebrityy Faten Kanaan True American Pearl Crush Deep Cuts Tyler Barber N N O A Santa Muerte Kona FM Anitra Narcons Acid Jeep XLX Miguel Flaco

Light

Ryoji Ikeda Matthew Schreiber Conditional Studio + Processing Foundation James Clar Felicie D’Estienne d’Orves Kyle McDonald + Jonas Jongejan Ryoichi Kurokawa Radio Soulwax VT Pro Hovver The Mill Playmodes Théodore Fivel + Freeka Tet Ekene Ijeoma Cocolab Sam Cannon Vincent Moon + Priscilla Telmon Lina Dib

If that lineup is real then i am making the trip there. All you needed to say was Autechre. It seems pretty realistic. I reckon that Thom Yorke would DJ. Venetian Snares! Jlin!

Archived