IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently DFN is still alive after all? Website says it's returning december 15-17 and apparently these clips are teasing the lineup, which seems really late to announce by now

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXxzfq4BGzc

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX25rv5Bbap

Lol @ everyone hoping for BOC in the comments

lol at wanting to see boc at a festival

LOL @ wanting to see BOC at a festival, in the US

holy crap this thread is getting revived? yeah dfn was selling 2017 tickets like a week after last years gig. they'll probably get like flying lotus, opn, faltydl gaslamp killer etc to play there this year.

OPN repeat? I mean I could see it. & he's touring next year.

I dont know how they could follow up Aphex and 'pusher for me.

Hope they don't overdo the Odessza-edm types. I don't know if I can take any more bros in polo shirts dancing in front of me this year.

Hope they don't overdo the Odessza-edm types. I don't know if I can take any more bros in polo shirts dancing in front of me this year.

for every afx there must be an Odesza to drive ticket sales

i just love that Rich knew to start off super fucking weird to drive away the polo bros and woogirls

Ae would be cool. If they snag them and vibert that would be a nice follow up

I didn't know it wasn't returning to the post office this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about what stops they will pull out this year. To me the thought of Autechre playing on an outdoor stage at a festival seems even more far fetched than Boards of Canada playing there. Maybe they will set aside a pitch dark room with a pristine audio setup for Ae to do their thing? That would be amazing. Or just a full on Autechre installation where it is both of their laptops running through infinite Ae algorithm all day. Also they will get Wendy Carlos and build her a personalized modular venue in a 500 capacity faraday cage in some huge basement. I'd be surprised if most of this doesn't happen. 

PDF not was awesome!!!!!!

Edit: I meant to say dfn was awesome. How I ended up with that idk?

Lineup was anounced in September. I'll never forget the day I realized i was going to see Aphex Twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know it wasn't returning to the post office this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about what stops they will pull out this year. To me the thought of Autechre playing on an outdoor stage at a festival seems even more far fetched than Boards of Canada playing there. Maybe they will set aside a pitch dark room with a pristine audio setup for Ae to do their thing? That would be amazing. Or just a full on Autechre installation where it is both of their laptops running through infinite Ae algorithm all day. Also they will get Wendy Carlos and build her a personalized modular venue in a 500 capacity faraday cage in some huge basement. I'd be surprised if most of this doesn't happen.

If Ae did get booked I would assume they would be indoor.

flying lotus was 2015, opn was 2016. I could see AE, BOC, Cornelius, Hot Snakes, Danny Brown, Battles, Beak, Avalanches, etc etc

I mean they have to follow up Squarepusher, Aphex, Bjork, Arca, OPN, Liars, Butthole Surfers, KW, TC, Welcome To Houston, Little Dragon, RZA, Tobacco etc; all on one bill. BOC seems worth guessing as an attempt at following up bringing Aphex states side alone. IMHO

i just love that Rich knew to start off super fucking weird to drive away the polo bros and woogirls

I'll never forget the cosmic irony of waiting through an Odesza set to see Aphex Twin

I'll never forget the cosmic irony of waiting through an Odesza set to see Aphex Twin

for real - best lineup ever, designed to free up the space in a matter of minutes. got the rave location i wanted with minimal fuss. #thanksdfn 

for real - best lineup ever, designed to free up the space in a matter of minutes. got the rave location i wanted with minimal fuss. #thanksdfn 

Were you in the front left section as well?  :huh:  cant entirely recall who else here i was with during it

Were you in the front left section as well?  :huh:  cant entirely recall who else here i was with during it

I was with halluciphile in the best listening spot every - center and back maybe 30-40 people. we ran into a guy who said he'd been tuning/scoping that spot out for 8 hours just for aphex. he was right! we went back to that spot for squarepusher the next night with a bigger group - the recording's not fabulous but the live sound and the craic were mighty!

Headliner 2 years ago was Kendrick Lamar

last year Aphex

there is a chance, though I hope not, that they might go a different direction with this year's headliner. Maybe a 90s rock act. I would imagine a nirvana reunion with a cobain hologram would be the biggest draw?

I know, my imagination is crazy.

Headliner 2 years ago was Kendrick Lamar

last year Aphex

there is a chance, though I hope not, that they might go a different direction with this year's headliner. Maybe a 90s rock act. I would imagine a nirvana reunion with a cobain hologram would be the biggest draw?

I know, my imagination is crazy.

Remember when they actually promoted a Harambe hologram on the bill? #dicksoutforharambe

http://www.spin.com/2016/09/day-for-night-to-ruin-perfectly-good-music-festival-with-harambe-hologram/

I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple Warp artists playing again this year but maybe not the names we want the most. Flying Lotus, Grizzly Bear, Hudson Mohawke and Danny Brown all seem likely. I'd be happy to see any of them again but i don't think they would get me on a plane to Texas unless the rest of the lineup was of a similar quality.

Archived