IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

Daughters, Anklepants, Spit Mark and Tee Vee have been added to the lineup.

Anklepants will have "his voice and music controlled by sensors in his suit and donning an animatronic dildo mask" according to the festivals website. Daughters is a really great hardcore rock band, looking forward to seeing them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:emb:

so did you pay or was it a hookup ;p

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies :dadjoke:

I did see where DfN tweeted they are adding more acts to the lineup and ticket prices will go up on November 11th I think...

you dirty dog. enjoy it man.

hopefully they'll add a few more acts i care about. i think it's pretty normal to add decent acts pretty late for big festivals like this. i think they did both times i went to moogfest

hopefully they'll add a few more acts i care about. i think it's pretty normal to add decent acts pretty late for big festivals like this. i think they did both times i went to moogfest

Aw, thanks - it will be an interesting experience for sure.

With 60+ acts already scheduled, I can see why now it's taking place over three days...

With 60+ acts already scheduled, I can see why now it's taking place over three days...

But the first day isn't even any performances. It's dj sets, no?

No idea - I think further upthread people did mention that the first day is more of an intro rather than the full-on festival.

I don't even know yet where I will be and in what capacity, what day(s), etc.

Defo checking out Lighting Bolt - be my third time seeing em.... And dj anklepants is well good too...Class

i don't intend to miss lightning bolt this time. missed their last two shows here. the last one was a $4 show at a tiny venue that i'm still kicking myself over.

No idea - I think further upthread people did mention that the first day is more of an intro rather than the full-on festival.

i mean... you know you'll be at the watmm meet when/wherever that ends up being.

Daughters is a really great hardcore rock band, looking forward to seeing them.

That's why I pulled the trigger on this immediately because I want the Lightning Bolt experience. I figured that if they're gonna be there, surely some other shredders will be too. Man does not live by bleeps and bloops alone.

I'm hoping the Butthole Surfers pull out the stops too and full blown fucking redneck-on-LSD-crazy, like they did back in the 80s and 90s

probably won't try skeet shooting over the crowds heads tho

Defo checking out Lighting Bolt - be my third time seeing em.... And dj anklepants is well good too...Class

i don't intend to miss lightning bolt this time. missed their last two shows here. the last one was a $4 show at a tiny venue that i'm still kicking myself over.

i mean... you know you'll be at the watmm meet when/wherever that ends up being.

:emb:

who the fuck is odesza and why are they second billing. they look like shit imo

They are huge at the moment, you must've heard this song at some point just walking around:

Good production but sticks to contemporary tropes pretty hard and doesn't bring much new to the table. Also, these mononymous indie female featured vocalists with the zany vowel sound pronunciations all start to sound the same after a while.

there has been a really problematic amount of watmm meetup love in this thread. fucked up imo. at this point i'll be wearing a "d-lo should be a mod" nametag. meeting friends is fun. you get some beers, dance in relative proximity to each other, say goodbye. fun fuckin times.

there has been a really problematic amount of watmm meetup love in this thread. fucked up imo. at this point i'll be wearing a "d-lo should be a mod" nametag. meeting friends is fun. you get some beers, dance in relative proximity to each other, say goodbye. fun fuckin times.

As in there is not enough, or too much?

They are huge at the moment, you must've heard this song at some point just walking around:

Good production but sticks to contemporary tropes pretty hard and doesn't bring much new to the table. Also, these mononymous indie female featured vocalists with the zany vowel sound pronunciations all start to sound the same after a while.

Apple Advert-core. Kaskade is even worse though it's more straight up EDM cheese. Odesza is the kind of act that attracts fans who think they are above the average low level raver in taste but not really. 

Apple Advert-core. Kaskade is even worse though it's more straight up EDM cheese. Odesza is the kind of act that attracts fans who think they are above the average low level raver in taste but not really. 

odesza is tolerable. kaskade is not.

odesza is tolerable. kaskade is not.

Oh I agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm kind of glad there are a few more accessible acts along with the mind-bending fringe artists. There's a little something for everyone to appreciate. How else is the cult of Aphex supposed to evangelize the lush ways of the braindance?

I'm kind of glad there are a few more accessible acts along with the mind-bending fringe artists. There's a little something for everyone to appreciate. How else is the cult of Aphex supposed to evangelize the lush ways of the braindance?

I'm actually a huge Washed Out fan and he's playing. His stuff is unabashedly pop but I think it's a lot better than Kaskade or Odeza. I like it anymore anyway. 

The cool thing about this festival is it's usually a lot more rock and poppier acts with some experimental ones on the second and third billing, not the other way around. It's pretty diverse overall.

As in there is not enough, or too much?

not enuff

Archived