IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

i don't understand how someone can meet up via twitter

Do you use Twitter? Granted, I'm not a "power user" or anything, but I've warmed to the platform over time.

Wouldn't having everyone going to DfN follow @WATMMOfficial, and then, when I am at the venue, tweet "Fellow WATMMers - meet by the Richard D. James ice sculpture @ 23:00 for a meet and greet?"

Seems simple, really. But you're an angry carrot, so I wouldn't expect you to understand :dadjoke:

yeah can we just do fb chat or something? 

Sorry, I'm not doing anything Facebook-related. I let MDM Chaos run the WATMM FB page. FB is cancer.

How about we just all give you our phone numbers and you can make a massive group text?

No, because then you'd have my number  :fear:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you use Twitter? Granted, I'm not a "power user" or anything, but I've warmed to the platform over time.

Wouldn't having everyone going to DfN follow @WATMMOfficial, and then, when I am at the venue, tweet "Fellow WATMMers - meet by the Richard D. James ice sculpture @ 23:00 for a meet and greet?"

Seems simple, really. But you're an angry carrot, so I wouldn't expect you to understand :dadjoke:

Sorry, I'm not doing anything Facebook-related. I let MDM Chaos run the WATMM FB page. FB is cancer.

oh i get it. not an angry carrot just confused. makes sense. If i'm not sleeping im on twitter so this works for me!

oh i get it. not an angry carrot just confused. makes sense. If i'm not sleeping im on twitter so this works for me!

Actually, looking closer, you are a smiling carrot...

How about we just all give you our phone numbers and you can make a massive group text?

What are you afraid of? We are all friends here. You could get a throwaway sim if you are super worried about it. just sayin. Plus you could enjoy the benefit of getting dank memes sent to your phone daily. win win IMO

What are you afraid of? We are all friends here. You could get a throwaway sim if you are super worried about it. just sayin. Plus you could enjoy the benefit of getting dank memes sent to your phone daily. win win IMO

I guess you've never run a semi-popular electronic music forum, eh?

That, and I'm a misanthrope at heart...

Had a last minute change of heart - I'm in. Just booked flights and hotel. I'm staying at the Sam Houston (Curio Hilton) hotel. Coming in Sat afternoon, leaving Sun afternoon.

Looking forward to hooking up with the group for the show.

*** Question - when I purchased, the confirmation page said both that the wristband would be at the box office and that they'd be mailing the wristband. Is it both?

EDIT : also, i predicted that joyboss would bail. Certainly i would be rather surprised if there were any meet-ups that he got involved in, beyond perhaps meeting mr. phex'ee.

Oh ye of little faith!

I am very nervous about the whole thing (for many reasons), but I think it would be nice to finally meet some of you, and I think in some way I am a bit obligated since I will be there to meet Richard/Tom/WARP folks - it would be a bit douchey for me to only meet them.

But yeah, no phone numbers. I think a tweet or post to this thread would be more immediate.

EDIT : also, i predicted that joyboss would bail. Certainly i would be rather surprised if there were any meet-ups that he got involved in, beyond perhaps meeting mr. phex'ee.

Oh ye of little faith!

I am very nervous about the whole thing (for many reasons), but I think it would be nice to finally meet some of you, and I think in some way I am a bit obligated since I will be there to meet Richard/Tom/WARP folks - it would be a bit douchey for me to only meet them.

But yeah, no phone numbers. I think a tweet or post to this thread would be more immediate.

Oh ye of little faith!

Geez... parsing my every word!

Obvs not ALL of WATMM is going or able to go... that's what I meant by SOME.

Oh ye of little faith!

Well godspeed. And take some photos (they don't have to be of you, but the venue and peeps and all that stuff), if it's not going to upset the situation that is already awkward, like a journalist working for the site to make it super cooler. None of the kids seem to bother to do that properly. Although this is texas so they may have their shit together there.

Oh ye of little faith!

Geez... parsing my every word!

Obvs not ALL of WATMM is going or able to go... that's what I meant by SOME.

I'm just messing with you man

I've been here longer than all you flags and i still have no idea what he looks like. When i picture him, I just look to the east and and can feel that across the pacific and over the mountains of the south west US, lies a towering monolith, atop which rests the eye of goatse. I get so fixated on that that i forget that i was wondering what joyrex looks like and go on with my day, a little perplexed at why the eye of goatse came into my mind's eye.

none of this misanthropy works JR because some of us know what you look like... at least from a long long time ago

You're assuming that was me in that picture though...

omg. do tell

wait no nevermind. i love surprises. 

papa's a mama

It's more complicated than that, for sure.

I've been here longer than all you flags and i still have no idea what he looks like. When i picture him, I just look to the east and and can feel that across the pacific and over the mountains of the south west US, lies a towering monolith, atop which rests the eye of goatse. I get so fixated on that that i forget that i was wondering what joyrex looks like and go on with my day, a little perplexed at why the eye of goatse came into my mind's eye.

FUCKING LOL

Lame stuff going on regarding Bjork set times. Her friday DJ performance has been chopped down to a measly 40 minutes opening the night. I believe she was originally closing out the night with a 4-5 hour DJ set. Now the Arcade Fire guy is closing with a longer set.
Her set on Sunday was cut down too, and now overlaps with the last half hour of Squarepusher.
Arca has been pushed to close the night, and it seems like his set has expanded (it's an hour and a half now).

I'm hoping Bjork comes out and does some songs with him? That's the only way that makes any of this ok to me. Arca produced 7 tracks on her last record, so it wouldn't be impossible.

Archived