IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

sometimes i guess they need to overlap stuff so huge masses of people don't bump into each other when moving to another act especially on big festivals.

i almost got crushed once with my m8es cause everyone was moving to see the next acts, 1000 of people got stuck like sardines for 20minutes, people pushing, girls and guys on drugs freakin out, i tell you it wasn't pretty

squarepusher and 8minutes of bjork would be ok for me :biggrin:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i almost got crushed once with my m8es cause everyone was moving to see the next acts, 1000 of people got stuck like sardines for 20minutes, people pushing, girls and guys on drugs freakin out, i tell you it wasn't pretty

I've been known to go down stampede video rabbit holes on bestgore and liveleak. Football matches, night clubs, concerts, etc. It's hard to imagine anything more terrifying. I read that large crowds behave just like fluids from a physics standpoint so it's like drowning in a sea of flesh.

I read a reddit post about that once, insane stuff.

There was a 30 for 30 about the Hillsborough disaster that is def worth a watch. What's incredible about that one is it was a huge disaster yet statistically is one the smaller side in terms of the worst stampedes ever.

I've been known to go down stampede video rabbit holes on bestgore and liveleak. Football matches, night clubs, concerts, etc. It's hard to imagine anything more terrifying. I read that large crowds behave just like fluids from a physics standpoint so it's like drowning in a sea of flesh.

i read a pretty interesting comment on reddit about some dude who did research about massive crowds. it's kinda scary how when a bunch of humans are packed in a venue, they react like water.

https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3pcvfb/saudi_arabia_hajj_disaster_death_toll_at_least/cw5vxtm/?context=3

I read a reddit post about that once, insane stuff.

There was a 30 for 30 about the Hillsborough disaster that is def worth a watch. What's incredible about that one is it was a huge disaster yet statistically is one the smaller side in terms of the worst stampedes ever.

oh snap, beat me to it!

good read though.

Just to make everyone feel better, the Barbara Jordan Post Office is the venue, a spacious climate controlled facility that was just renovated this year. This isn't some storage space but a properly designed modern and formally Federally owned building. Likewise it would have had to pass a lot of permits and codes to become an entertainment center in a city like Houston. If this was at an abandoned hanger or warehouse in rural Texas I'd worry but this is completely different.

Bunch of pics of it here.

I'm thinking of doing a collaborative google drive spreadsheet with:

twitter handle + WATMM member name + optional / additional info (attire / real first name / degree of neckbeardage / etc)

mine is fairly easy: 

@joshuatx (lo-fi high five) + joshuatx + (ex. flannel shirt, joshua [duh lol], 'stache, w/ waifu)

Would that be helpful?

I'm thinking of doing a collaborative google drive spreadsheet with:

twitter handle + WATMM member name + optional / additional info (attire / real first name / degree of neckbeardage / etc)

mine is fairly easy: 

@joshuatx (lo-fi high five) + joshuatx + (ex. flannel shirt, joshua [duh lol], 'stache, w/ waifu)

Would that be helpful?

LOL @ deciding what to wear days in advance... 

I'm coming in just for Sat night, leaving Sun early afternoon.  I need to look up two awesome bbq places to eat in the meantime : )

There really is only one - Goode Company BBQ. The closest to Downtown Houston would be the Kirby St. Location:

I too, will only be there on Saturday night. Not sure yet what time I will show up, nor leave.

The Brisket House is pretty legit.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-brisket-house-houston?uid=ICB_zfOCt4nEaF1NDAFZBQ&utm_source=ashare&utm_medium=share_inline_section&utm_campaign=direct_share&ref=yelp-android

Bit out of the way but some of the best BBQ I've had in a while...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but there's a pre-party friday night

Musical Performances by:

>> cygnus (Central Processing Unit)

>> wahrk (Karakasa Music / DEFUNKT)

>> Rose Croix (Occult Research)

>> Mopfunk (Occult Research)

>> Seablaze (Hyperboloid Records)

>> Vinton Surf (VSURF)

>> Zander One (Virtual Urban Records)

>> Paylord

>> Damazo

$7 Cover

Satellite Bar

6922 Harrisburg Blvd

Houston, TX 77011

https://www.facebook.com/events/1838877753024022/

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/92008-defunkt-sdf-1-present-prefix-1216/?p=2500797

We really are known for our food down here, so if you are looking for a particular kind of food and need a recommendation, I'd be happy to offer my humble suggestions.

Well I was thinking BBQ but I've got two meals to burn (Sat early dinner and brunch/lunch on Sunday).  I'll be Ubering though so relatively convenient to airport and/or downtown is a plus.  I'm open to suggestions on any must-go places.

I'm coming in just for Sat night, leaving Sun early afternoon.  I need to look up two awesome bbq places to eat in the meantime : )

There really is only one - Goode Company BBQ. The closest to Downtown Houston would be the Kirby St. Location:

Hmm, it's not on these lists, although admittedly seemingly most are not conveniently located.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/houston/best-bbq-restaurants-best-places-for-bbq-in-houston

https://www.zagat.com/b/houston/the-10-hottest-barbecue-joints-in-houston

Brisket House is on both lists.

Archived