IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

We really are known for our food down here, so if you are looking for a particular kind of food and need a recommendation, I'd be happy to offer my humble suggestions.

Well I was thinking BBQ but I've got two meals to burn (Sat early dinner and brunch/lunch on Sunday).  I'll be Ubering though so relatively convenient to airport and/or downtown is a plus.  I'm open to suggestions on any must-go places.

I'm coming in just for Sat night, leaving Sun early afternoon.  I need to look up two awesome bbq places to eat in the meantime : )

There really is only one - Goode Company BBQ. The closest to Downtown Houston would be the Kirby St. Location:

Hmm, it's not on these lists, although admittedly seemingly most are not conveniently located.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/houston/best-bbq-restaurants-best-places-for-bbq-in-houston

https://www.zagat.com/b/houston/the-10-hottest-barbecue-joints-in-houston

Brisket House is on both lists.

Odd - Goode Company is Zagat rated, and is by far the best (IMO). Have you checked Yelp?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brisket House is pretty legit.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-brisket-house-houston?uid=ICB_zfOCt4nEaF1NDAFZBQ&utm_source=ashare&utm_medium=share_inline_section&utm_campaign=direct_share&ref=yelp-android

Bit out of the way but some of the best BBQ I've had in a while...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've never been there! Admittedly I avoid the Galleria area (especially this time of year) due to the insane traffic around that area...

BTW, check out watmm.com's home page :wink:

aye jr's new av would be a good shirt. probably too late to upload the graphic and get it printed in time?

might get one made at a local shirt printer

I was thinking about it... but yeah, getting it here before the 18th would be nigh-impossible. I've been just too damn busy!

The logo on the homepage is an SVG, so it scales to any quality...

Maybe afterwards as a momento?

Add 18.12.2016 underneath the logo?

And "heat" :dadjoke:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-brisket-house-houston?uid=ICB_zfOCt4nEaF1NDAFZBQ&utm_source=ashare&utm_medium=share_inline_section&utm_campaign=direct_share&ref=yelp-android

I've never been there! Admittedly I avoid the Galleria area (especially this time of year) due to the insane traffic around that area...

Ah, that's awesome! 

If you ever venture out to that area and crave BBQ I highly recommend that place. (I also quite like Goode Company, btw, I just figured I'd share the last place I went that left me with a really good impression).

Pretty stoked about all of this. 

Ah, that's awesome! 

If you ever venture out to that area and crave BBQ I highly recommend that place. (I also quite like Goode Company, btw, I just figured I'd share the last place I went that left me with a really good impression).

Pretty stoked about all of this. 

It looks like there are several Brisket Houses, according to a quick Google search, so I guess it's a chain.

That logo is dope btw, but yeah, too soon for shirts methinks.  Although tempting...

heat?

Versus night - the great Aphex debate around the song "Beetles" from the RDJ Album and what he actually says in the lyrics...

"They come out in the heat"

vs.

"They come out in the night"

I must remember to ask Richard to definitively answer this! :dadjoke:

i mean there's a local place here that makes shirts on the spot but they're not cheap... hrmmmm...

probably won't bother if i would be the only one?

Yeah... again, a momento-like thing might be more apropo - Spreadshirt is advertising "order now in time for Christmas" - I guess we could put it up there for folks that went...

I would think it was "They come out when I eat" -- "In the heat" seems just as plausible given the accent. 

"In the night" -- There's just no damned way.

I would think it was "They come out when I eat" -- "In the heat" seems just as plausible given the accent. 

"In the night" -- There's just no damned way.

Oh lord... the can of worms (roaches) is about to be opened again... :dadjoke:

I'm in the "heat" camp myself, although "eat" is certainly plausible.

Re: shirt - I'm looking into doing it now.  I already had a little shirt order placed; it looks like I can just add another to it to ship early next week.

All Bjork related activities are being promoted and handled poorly at this festival. I'm sure anyone would prefer a proper performance to all this elaborate Bjork related stuff that is sure to mostly disappoint. 

The Bjork registration page on eventbrite was severely bugged. Tried registering a single ticket on every open spot for 30 minutes and kept getting "Based on the quantity selected we are unable to seat your group together. Please try a smaller quantity." Really not a good fuckin' experience.

Archived