IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

To try to find a resolution for communication during the festival, I started a Discord chat room for keeping in touch for the festival.

Discord is a All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers/WATMMers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone.

What's nice about is you don't have to post your phone number, real name, and any other personal info that you want to keep secure.

Just setup an account and join this chat room:

https://discord.gg/gWn8S5U

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suicidalpineapple

To try to find a resolution for communication during the festival, I started a Discord chat room for keeping in touch for the festival.

Discord is a All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers/WATMMers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone.

What's nice about is you don't have to post your phone number, real name, and any other personal info that you want to keep secure.

Great. I downloaded it - good solution.

I would love to do it but I'm not that hardcore anymore. I need to sleep.

But it's a pretty great lineup. I wish I could have caught it at a different time.

The start times of the festival days are as such that you can sleep at sunrise and wake before the festival starts again.

- I recommend the following supplements if you are planning to party and then attempt to sleep at dawnish hours. This will maximize your ability to shut down and recharge:

Melatonin - 5-10mg - 5mg should be sufficient but if you're afraid you won't be able to sleep 10mg isn't going to hurt anything. It may make you sleep longer than you expected though.

Natural Vitality Calm powder aka magnesium - 2tsps - <1 tablespoon. Careful as this will upset your stomach if you ingest too much.

Activated Charcoal - Take a large dosage of these pills, 4-6 before bed each night if you're partying and eating shitty food. It will minimize how shitty you feel the next day. I would even recommend taking these the days following up to the event as it will get you in a good position to push your body hard.

If you plan on taking stimulants or think you'll have trouble sleeping you could also try Nighty Night Tea with Valerian Root as well.

Getting some food in you will also help.

- When you wake up:

5-HTP - 100mg - Take this upon waking up but do not take it close to when you plan on partying again. A few hours in between dosing and continuing to party should be adequate.

- During the day drink some high quality green tea. it contains EGCG which will help protect your brain.

MDMA:

- If you're going to roll here is a list of supplements to protect your brain during.

http://matznerd.com/how-to-safely-take-mdma/

- If you haven't rolled before I recommend reading that guide, but here are a few personal tips:

If you are going to dose again it's important not to take a dosage higher than you had previously. 

Don't allow yourself to get too hot during. An electrolyte drink is also helpful. If you just add a bit of salt to your drink or eat something salty that will help you stay safe during your roll.

MDMA is neurotoxic at higher dosages and when taken under elevated body temperatures. The supplements I linked in that guide above will help ensure that your brain stays safe during your roll.

PSYCHEDELICS

If you are going to take a psychedelic I suggest taking a lower dosage than normal especially if you aren't experienced. Psychedelics can be difficult in a chaotic environment such as a festival. If you are experienced and want to maximize the potential of your trip while still staying safe, I suggest searching for some nice potentiating supplemental things to add to it. 

MESCALINE: Mescaline is a very gentle psychedelic at lower dosages, and has a body high similar in quality to MDMA, but not quite. It has a lower impact on your ability to think clearly and be rational at lower dosages than other psychedelics I've taken. This makes it very practical for festival scenarios. At higher dosages you will get an intense visual effect that could be problematic if you need to navigate your body around. A low to medium dosage would be suitable for a festival experience. Mescaline takes about an hour to come on, peaks at around 6 hours depending on the dosage, and drops off slowly after the peak until about 10 hours. It's easy to sleep on this psychedelic and after peaking I regularly will dose off. Weed pairs nicely with mescaline as both are relaxing after the peak. It's important to note that at higher dosages you will probably be moving into your peak for a longer period of time and you will lose your ability to function in a normal way, so I don't recommend this. Mescaline doesn't become psychoactive until you've reached a baseline dosage. I can't remember what it is so google it if you care, but very low dosages are subtle to barely noticeable. NOTE: Mescaline can make you need to throw-up. Generally it won't last though.

SHROOMS: Shrooms last from around 2-4 hours and maybe up to 6 if you take a potent dosage. Shrooms come on relatively fast, generally 30 minutes, and move to a peak that will last 1-2 hours, but likely capable of longer, if you take the right dosage/species. Shrooms can make it very confusing to think and generally have a heavy body high. Your vision and thinking will be altered, and this can be problematic for navigating a chaotic festival environment. I would suggest a lower dosage of shrooms for this reason. Even a small dosage of shrooms can alter your experience physically and visually, and you can dose shrooms multiple times in one night which makes doing lower dosages over an extended period of time a nice way to enhance your experience with little danger. NOTE: Shrooms can also make you need to puke or feel queasy. They can also make your stomach very upset the following day.

LSD: I've never done acid, but it seems to be a good drug for environments where you are moving around and having to keep your wits about you, but if you go deep you will experience the same problems with handling yourself. From what I understand LSD has a nice body component as well as visual. Like other psychedelics these elements are only intensified by higher dosages. NOTE: I have no notes cause I've never done this. Apparently stretching is bomb as fuck on LSD.

DMT: I wouldn't take this in this kind of environment unless you are smoking it and have 15-20 minutes to kill in a secluded area or something.

RESEARCH CHEMS: I wouldn't fuck with this but if someone offers you acid there is a chance you're going to be getting one of them. Do your own research.

STIMULANTS

Technically MDMA is a stimulant but to a lesser degree at least experientially.

METH: Might be fun at lower dosages, but I generally wouldn't take this if I was planning on enjoying myself. You'll get a lot of euphoria and energy, but the chances of you staying up way too long are high. You'll probably also look and feel like shit afterwards.

COCAINE: I don't really fuck with cocaine any longer. It's just a pain in the ass to navigate a coke high, and it doesn't add that much to your experience. Just lots of euphoria and a ton of energy. It's annoying to navigate the constant peaks and valleys and if you take too much you'll have a lot of trouble eating and sleeping, and will likely be in a bad mood.

DEPRESSANTS

ALCOHOL: I wouldn't mix a ton of alcohol with the above except cannabis. MDMA and some alcohol is ok, but you get into risky territory if you drink heavily and take MDMA.

HEROIN: nah dude, don't do that.

VICODIN: maybe alright during a come down. Helpful sometimes, but mixing this with stimulants is dangerous. Taking it with alcohol is very bad for you.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to add that would be cool. I apologize if this seems condescending, but it's easy to not even think about these things, and then end up at the festival and make a mistake. I've done this myself.

Stay safe friends and enjoy.

I'M NOT A DOCTOR OR IN ANYWAY QUALIFIED TO GIVE ADVICE LIKE THIS. DISREGARD THIS INFORMATION.

The start times of the festival days are as such that you can sleep at sunrise and wake before the festival starts again.

- I recommend the following supplements if you are planning to party and then attempt to sleep at dawnish hours. This will maximize your ability to shut down and recharge:

Melatonin - 5-10mg - 5mg should be sufficient but if you're afraid you won't be able to sleep 10mg isn't going to hurt anything. It may make you sleep longer than you expected though.

Natural Vitality Calm powder aka magnesium - 2tsps -

Activated Charcoal - Take a large dosage of these pills, 4-6 before bed each night if you're partying and eating shitty food. It will minimize how shitty you feel the next day. I would even recommend taking these the days following up to the event as it will get you in a good position to push your body hard.

If you plan on taking stimulants or think you'll have trouble sleeping you could also try Nighty Night Tea with Valerian Root as well.

- When you wake up:

5-HTP - 100mg - Take this upon waking up but do not take it close to when you plan on partying again. A few hours in between dosing and continuing to party should be adequate.

- During the day drink some high quality green tea. it contains EGCG which will help protect your brain.

MDMA:

- If you're going to roll here is a list of supplements to protect your brain during.

- If you haven't rolled before I recommend reading that guide, but here are a few personal tips:

If you are going to dose again it's important not to take a dosage higher than you had previously. 

Don't allow yourself to get too hot during. An electrolyte drink is also helpful. If you just add a bit of salt to your drink or eat something salty that will help you stay safe during your roll.

MDMA is neurotoxic at higher dosages and when taken under elevated body temperatures. The supplements I linked in that guide above will help ensure that your brain stays safe during your roll.

PSYCHEDELICS

If you are going to take a psychedelic I suggest taking a lower dosage than normal especially if you aren't experienced. Psychedelics can be difficult in a chaotic environment such as a festival. If you are experienced and want to maximize the potential of your trip while still staying safe, I suggest searching for some nice potentiating supplemental things to add to it. 

MESCALINE: Mescaline is a very gentle psychedelic at lower dosages, and has a body high similar in quality to MDMA, but not quite. It has a lower impact on your ability to think clearly and be rational at lower dosages than other psychedelics I've taken. This makes it very practical for festival scenarios. At higher dosages you will get an intense visual effect that could be problematic if you need to navigate your body around. A low to medium dosage would be suitable for a festival experience. Mescaline takes about an hour to come on, peaks at around 6 hours depending on the dosage, and drops off slowly after the peak until about 10 hours. It's easy to sleep on this psychedelic and after peaking I regularly will dose off. Weed pairs nicely with mescaline as both are relaxing after the peak. It's important to note that at higher dosages you will probably be moving into your peak for a longer period of time and you will lose your ability to function in a normal way, so I don't recommend this. Mescaline doesn't become psychoactive until you've reached a baseline dosage. I can't remember what it is so google it if you care, but very low dosages are subtle to barely noticeable. NOTE: Mescaline can make you need to throw-up. Generally it won't last though.

SHROOMS: Shrooms last from around 2-4 hours and maybe up to 6 if you take a potent dosage. Shrooms come on relatively fast, generally 30 minutes, and move to a peak that will last 1-2 hours, but likely capable of longer, if you take the right dosage/species. Shrooms can make it very confusing to think and generally have a heavy body high. Your vision and thinking will be altered, and this can be problematic for navigating a chaotic festival environment. I would suggest a lower dosage of shrooms for this reason. Even a small dosage of shrooms can alter your experience physically and visually, and you can dose shrooms multiple times in one night which makes doing lower dosages over an extended period of time a nice way to enhance your experience with little danger. NOTE: Shrooms can also make you need to puke or feel queasy. They can also make your stomach very upset the following day.

LSD: I've never done acid, but it seems to be a good drug for environments where you are moving around and having to keep your wits about you, but if you go deep you will experience the same problems with handling yourself. From what I understand LSD has a nice body component as well as visual. Like other psychedelics these elements are only intensified by higher dosages. NOTE: I have no notes cause I've never done this. Apparently stretching is bomb as fuck on LSD.

DMT: I wouldn't take this in this kind of environment unless you are smoking it and have 15-20 minutes to kill in a secluded area or something.

RESEARCH CHEMS: I wouldn't fuck with this but if someone offers you acid there is a chance you're going to be getting one of them. Do your own research.

STIMULANTS

METH: Might be fun at lower dosages, but I generally wouldn't take this if I was planning on enjoying myself. You'll get a lot of euphoria and energy, but the chances of you staying up way too long are high. You'll probably also look and feel like shit afterwards.

COCAINE: I don't really fuck with cocaine any longer. It's just a pain in the ass to navigate a coke high, and it doesn't add that much to your experience. Just lots of euphoria and a ton of energy. It's annoying to navigate the constant peaks and valleys and if you take too much you'll have a lot of trouble eating and sleeping, and will likely be in a bad mood.

DEPRESSANTS

ALCOHOL: I wouldn't mix a ton of alcohol with the above except cannabis. MDMA and some alcohol is ok, but you get into risky territory if you drink heavily and take MDMA.

VICODIN: maybe alright during a come down. Helpful sometimes, but mixing this with stimulants is dangerous. Taking it with alcohol is very bad for you.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to add that would be cool. I apologize if this seems condescending, but it's easy to not even think about these things, and then end up at the festival and make a mistake. I've done this myself.

I'M NOT A DOCTOR OR IN ANYWAY QUALIFIED TO GIVE ADVICE LIKE THIS. DISREGARD THIS INFORMATION.

locals don't share their pot at Houston shows, don't even bother

Natural Vitality Calm powder aka magnesium - 2tsps - <1 tablespoon. Careful as this will upset your stomach if you ingest too much.

- When you wake up:

MDMA:

PSYCHEDELICS

STIMULANTS

DEPRESSANTS

you forgot the tylenol-3 and coffee filters

yeah p cool. problem is that it starts at 3AM

It actually starts closer to 1:30

We'll have a schedule posted soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Okay this is soooooon! I want meet ALL of you watmmites!

My twitter is https://twitter.com/SWEGUNO if that helps to organise the proceedings.

I will likely be wearing one or both of these:

cool, i'll add you to the google spreadsheet

Great. I downloaded it - good solution.

Nice - just joined last night. Like the format on this.

Saturday: pretty much set on this...

Splendid Emblem
Tobacco
Lower Dens
Banks
Oneohtrix Point Never
Blood Orange
Aphex Twin

Sunday: Less fixed on who I want to see middle of the festival

Nothing
DAED (maybe part)
S U R V I V E

4:40 - 7:50 - not sure, gonna probably walk around a bit...
Matmos (or maybe Lightning Bolt)
Anklepants / Blonde Redhead
Kamasi Washington / RZA

Squarepusher
Butthole Surfers
SOPHIE (part)
Arca

I went to see Washed Out a few years back at Fitzgeralds in Houston and it was one of the best crowds I've ever been in. No idea if anyone was sharing weed though...it was never an issue at ACL Festival in Austin. Not sure if the Houston cops are as lenient.

That said I imagine this crowd will be from all over. Ironically the most militant searches I've encountered were not in Texas but in LA at FYF in 2014. First day they were doing full pat downs and ripping up tampons that were in bags and purses.

OK, joined Discord - I also set up a WATMMOffical room/channel thingy: https://discord.gg/BxXBKpv

lol at houston folks not sharing their weed.

I went to see Washed Out a few years back at Fitzgeralds in Houston and it was one of the best crowds I've ever been in. No idea if anyone was sharing weed though...it was never an issue at ACL Festival in Austin. Not sure if the Houston cops are as lenient.

That said I imagine this crowd will be from all over. Ironically the most militant searches I've encountered were not in Texas but in LA at FYF in 2014. First day they were doing full pat downs and ripping up tampons that were in bags and purses.

someone said earlier the cops were told to be chill

VR device advice - please make sure that the demo units get cleaned before you use them.

Also, some of the Bjork VR stuff was built on our tech, Unreal Engine : )

You work for Epic?

Yes

what are the odds of RDJ's set being 90% obscure jungle?

I changed my mind from not going to going on a guess that this is a real live set and not a DJ set.  As JR said, wouldn't need a month to prepare for a DJ set and if you have a live set already prepared, might as well use it more than once, hence the two EU festivals in the spring.

OK, joined Discord - I also set up a WATMMOffical room/channel thingy: https://discord.gg/BxXBKpv

I joined as well (under atypic).  Thanks for setting it up.  Discord is pretty commonly used for gaming voice chat.

BTW - there is a decent bar downtown Flying Saucer that appears to be nearish the venue and some of the downtown hotels people are staying at...I'd be happy to go with some of you (to copy JR's phrase) after the Aphex set.

As a clarification on the Discord thing: I installed the app and followed the links but nothing happens. Still says no friends or conversations or anything. Is it because no one is currently in there or am I missing a step?

Does it not allow you in the chat room? I just tested the link I posted before and it let me in no problem.

Make sure you are logged into Discord. If it doesn't work, try a different web browser. Also, try logging into the chat through a desktop/laptop computer.

Trying to figure out how to dress for this. Like, its sort of indoor outdoor right? so you'll want a jacket probably at least when it gets dark. Before that sweater or t-shirt might do depending on the temperature. But inside will likely be pretty fucking hot I'd imagine so if you bring a jacket you'll have to tie it off or just sweat balls. I'm perplexed. A heavy sweater maybe as that is easier to wear around the waist...

i wonder how many assholes will dress all candy raver even though the music is nowhere near consistent in style

but seriously being forced to look after a jacket in a hot environment is shitty

Archived