IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

I went to see Washed Out a few years back at Fitzgeralds in Houston and it was one of the best crowds I've ever been in. No idea if anyone was sharing weed though...it was never an issue at ACL Festival in Austin. Not sure if the Houston cops are as lenient.

That said I imagine this crowd will be from all over. Ironically the most militant searches I've encountered were not in Texas but in LA at FYF in 2014. First day they were doing full pat downs and ripping up tampons that were in bags and purses.

every Austin show I've been to, a joint was passed to me at least once w/o even asking.  and nobody expected it to come back to the original passer, lol

standard operating procedure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to figure out how to dress for this. Like, its sort of indoor outdoor right? so you'll want a jacket probably at least when it gets dark. Before that sweater or t-shirt might do depending on the temperature. But inside will likely be pretty fucking hot I'd imagine so if you bring a jacket you'll have to tie it off or just sweat balls. I'm perplexed. A heavy sweater maybe as that is easier to wear around the waist...

Yeah I'm gonna probably just wear a tshirt with a longer button shirt over. Maybe pack a light thin hoodie. Houston is humid and a big urban center so lows of 45-55 F aren't really a big deal imo. Even if it's windy I rather be chilly on the walk to the parking garage than sweating my balls off inside in the crowd. 

I think they are giving warning to folks who get cold easily indoors that this is a big open warehouse that's going to be drafty and not heated. Personally I don't get cold easily so I'm not going to go overboard on layers.

Adieu coming in very philanthropic, well posted

Joyrex what are some of your personal favorite record stores in the area

Sadly there really aren't too many left, and I honestly haven't bought physical media in ages, let alone from a brick and mortar store!

But, since you asked:

Soundwaves - Oh, man, what has this place become? It used to be 99% music, now it looks like a surfboard/skate shop... sad

Sound Exchange - Bit small, and doesn't really cater to electronic music.

Sadly, that's about it.

Trying to figure out how to dress for this. Like, its sort of indoor outdoor right? so you'll want a jacket probably at least when it gets dark. Before that sweater or t-shirt might do depending on the temperature. But inside will likely be pretty fucking hot I'd imagine so if you bring a jacket you'll have to tie it off or just sweat balls. I'm perplexed. A heavy sweater maybe as that is easier to wear around the waist...

Looks like the weather will be borderline jacket weather - 70 F with 95% humidity (yuk) around 11 PM: https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KTXHOUST507

I was really hoping it would be colder... gonna bring a light jacket just to look cool :dadjoke:

Looks like the weather will be borderline jacket weather - 70 F with 95% humidity (yuk) around 11 PM: https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=pws:KTXHOUST507

I was really hoping it would be colder... gonna bring a light jacket just to look cool :dadjoke:

Read the FAQ. It says to bring winter friendly items. You can also bring in a light backpack to carry things you don't want to carry. Plus you can use it as a personal bubble increaser ;)

Sadly there really aren't too many left, and I honestly haven't bought physical media in ages, let alone from a brick and mortar store!

But, since you asked:

Soundwaves - Oh, man, what has this place become? It used to be 99% music, now it looks like a surfboard/skate shop... sad

Sadly, that's about it.

Heavy facepalm, and i'm staying right near that soundwaves place. I guess i'll still go look

I mean on the plus side i wont be blowing mad money on records like i planned to but damn..

Read the FAQ. It says to bring winter friendly items. You can also bring in a light backpack to carry things you don't want to carry. Plus you can use it as a personal bubble increaser ;)

And that was probably written when they thought Houston would be typically 50-60s for the high this time of year...

Weather here is nowhere near consistent, or predictable (as much as weather can be).

And that was probably written when they thought Houston would be typically 50-60s for the high this time of year...

Weather here is nowhere near consistent, or predictable (as much as weather can be).

yeah all of texas is like that. That's why i was telling people could snow or it could be tshirt weather. texas is fucking weird.

But, since you asked:

Sadly, that's about it.

Heavy facepalm, and i'm staying right near that soundwaves place. I guess i'll still go look

I mean on the plus side i wont be blowing mad money on records like i planned to but damn..

Looks like few others after google searching. Bummer about Soundwaves, went there 10 years ago and it was huge.

Not much of a "going outside of my apartment" guy, but there's Cactus Music...

(I agree about Soundwaves. Place is just around the corner from where I live, and it's definitely fallen into "Weird surf shop" mode).

yeah all of texas is like that. That's why i was telling people could snow or it could be tshirt weather. texas is fucking weird.

And lo and behold, it looks like a cold front will sweep in late Saturday/early Sunday with a chance of a thunderstorm, so I would bring jackets.

Archived