IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mines phenomenal with the idmz, but not dnb/jungle.

We often play a game where we play a song for no more than 2 seconds to see if the other can guess which song it is. She usually wins lol.

Anything from Aphex Twin to Zephyr Nova and everything in between.

quick 8 grand for the phex! 420 baby the rest are probably for gifts/ warp employees

anyone confirm this is a single track release?

wtf people everyone has the record and nobody has played it yet?

Actual Rome version seems to be a lot faster too. I edited my original post but gonna say it again: Sonar 2011 version has amen breaks only in the beginning, he might've mixed it with another track.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK this is a fuckin dj set

also djs like to change tempos you know...

:facepalm:

:cisfor:

We were commenting on our preference of the sonar version. Based on things like tempo.

Sherlock.

That's awesome but the only thing you can compare is the different version of recording of that track because there is no different version, only blended with different tracks, hence the drums or other things can be heard. 

this one is fucking glorious. hard syro vibes with cirklon repeats just wow

https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/untitled-day-for-live-outtake-01/

final track on this is lovely.

that 8 seconds of polynomial c acid is a right tease as well.

Isn't that just one whole track? It definitely evolves quite a bit throughout but sounds like one track to me?

Actual Rome version seems to be a lot faster too. I edited my original post but gonna say it again: Sonar 2011 version has amen breaks only in the beginning, he might've mixed it with another track.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK this is a fuckin dj set

also djs like to change tempos you know...

:facepalm:

:cisfor:

We were commenting on our preference of the sonar version. Based on things like tempo.

Sherlock.

That's awesome but the only thing you can compare is the different version of recording of that track because there is no different version, only blended with different tracks, hence the drums or other things can be heard. 

ver·sion
ˈvərZHən/
noun

1. 1.
    a particular form of something differing in certain respects from an earlier form or other forms of the same type of thing.

IE sped up, mixed with breaks, slowed down, higher pitched, any difference = different version.

this one is fucking glorious. hard syro vibes with cirklon repeats just wow

https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/untitled-day-for-live-outtake-01/

final track on this is lovely.

that 8 seconds of polynomial c acid is a right tease as well.

Isn't that just one whole track? It definitely evolves quite a bit throughout but sounds like one track to me?

It didn't strike me as one whole track, the transitions into different "parts" were really jarring, not characteristic of the phex'.

Seems like 3 different tracks almost.

Who has girlfriends that can trainspot dnb? That's...well it'd be lovely

My wife calls anything with the sped up 'think about it' breakbeat powerpowerpuff girls theme-esque

Was this posted yet? Great overview of set Day for Night FULL TRACKLISTING & DISCUSSION

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/5j0eis/day_for_night_full_tracklisting_discussion/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Concerning Trackermatte/Rolando Simmons, he played this one :-)

In the FB video of 53mins long, it's at about 14-16 mins!

ha, i love this track! always sounded like something he would play :-)!

mixed up the tracks... thought it was this one:

https://rolandosimmons.bandcamp.com/track/axis-of-evil

even better imo!

big fucking lol at odesza or w/e. wow was that so pathetic or what. shocking they were top billing honestly. I was getting so revved up and wanted rich to go full on dick james and just give everyone the dirty business and my word did he deliver in spades. from another planet. the gulf of ability from odseza to our man was astounding

big fucking lol at odesza or w/e. wow was that so pathetic or what. shocking they were top billing honestly. I was getting so revved up and wanted rich to go full on dick james and just give everyone the dirty business and my word did he deliver in spades. from another planet. the gulf of ability from odseza to our man was astounding

dat drumline tho

lol jk. It was somehow lamer than i expected.

Concerning Trackermatte/Rolando Simmons, he played this one :-)

In the FB video of 53mins long, it's at about 14-16 mins!

ha, i love this track! always sounded like something he would play :-)!

mixed up the tracks... thought it was this one:

https://rolandosimmons.bandcamp.com/track/axis-of-evil

even better imo!

Axis of Evil is definitely my favorite off the Yuo're Life EP

RE: Chronical SoundCloud clip--this is where I tried to turn to the people around me to see if they were aware that this was our "Metz moment". They were just staring blankly. Casuals.

How close did you end up getting? You were near the right site, correct?

dat drumline tho

lol jk. It was somehow lamer than i expected.

It would have been kinda cool if everyone on the drumline had not been playing the same exact fucking simple ass thing? Maybe?

nah probs not

Archived