IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weather was in such perfect sync. Obviously he wasnt controlling the weather but i kept thinking to myself maybe he's like just paying really careful attention to the wind and sky? There were so many musical cues that just fell right into place with the weather it was intense

Idm to say the least, dropping the temperature in the midwest within only a few minutes using only music

not so impressed, i mean yeah massive production but the 4/4 beat and noise synths sounds exactly like russell haswell

lol? think i'm gonna llike this track!

my review is based on home listening while in a club i would go nuts

The weather was in such perfect sync. Obviously he wasnt controlling the weather but i kept thinking to myself maybe he's like just paying really careful attention to the wind and sky? There were so many musical cues that just fell right into place with the weather it was intense

Idm to say the least, dropping the temperature in the midwest within only a few minutes using only music

Dude I wondered that, he slipped "Hedphelym" literally as the temperature dropped and wind gusted in, it was such a fitting interlude from the warmth of that day to the cold and rain that came in with the sudden front

Maybe he keep a close eye on the weather reports for when the front was coming. They had a anemometer on top of the stage after all, the organizers were surely monitoring it closely for safety reasons.

That rush of wind seems was incredible but man was it scary for a bit, I don't regret moving back when the speakers started swaying like they did.

While on the subject of that 12", just heard it and really liked it. Had a few sounds that I heard on Cheetah (I think) but a lot more dark and brooding... Kind of reminded me of this old Bradley Strider banger :) 

The B-side is even more mental, would go down great live I assume (maybe I already heard it out live once...). Bring it on!

Everything can really sound like shit in the middle of a crowd, recorded with a iphone 6 lol

I've listened to a few video clips and I still like the way mine turned out. First 30 minutes:

Recorded on iPhone 6 btw lol 

Two unreleased tracks (not SoundCloud); sounds a bit like Classics-era stuff.

Quite ravey.

Dunno, if not straight classics-era punch-in-the-face kind of stuff, then more like PBoD - Cheetah [raver's friend mix]. Interesting blend of old'n hard AFX and more recent Syroian Aphex. Or then its only me hearing some Cheetah action in those tracks.... Also, the "Houston Track" does sounds like it was indeed one of the Txx -tracks. Almost hearing some resemblances to T08+4.

i2uKN5K.png

Found on reddit. Imminent?

!!!

Warp just pulled another jasondonervan!

Edit: oh, this is for the 12" track, not that live recording... Ah well, still imminent then I guess!

Hyped again! Rich is a master at creating some buzz

Just catching up with all this, fanx to the person who recorded the full set but jeez, the people waffling through it about going to Iraq are incredibly annoying... dance you fuckers!

Also, Stillson prob equals Stillson Hammer (eurorack sequencer)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/the-harvestman-stillson-hammer-mkii

Good find on the track name

Archived