IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering he is headlining the festival i would guess that he would be the final performance on Sunday night, but this doesn't seem to be the most orthodox festival so that may not apply.

I'm curious about the Bjork VR stuff, but i have never tried VR and heard that if you get motion sick it lingers with you 8-10 hours where you feel terrible. I wouldn't try it unless i had the opportunity to do so after Aphex Twin.

Last year they released the schedule in November, so expect a similar date this year

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Day-for-Night-releases-daily-schedule-and-map-of-6605961.php

so did you guys get general admission or did you add the friday party or what? any high rollers opting for the vip? for the time being i just did two ga passes.

also, don't know dick about houston. is there usable public transit or should we plan on renting a car?

so did you guys get general admission or did you add the friday party or what? any high rollers opting for the vip? for the time being i just did two ga passes.

also, don't know dick about houston. is there usable public transit or should we plan on renting a car?

I VIPd all over myself. Theres buses and uber - bus stops are right outside the venue and uber is relatively cheap, uberX specifically.

Ungh need to go to thiiisss! WATMM SQUAD UNITE!!!

Should make t-shirts with the WATTM symbol on front so its easy to spot other WATTists there.

Oh yes we fuckin' should!

Yes, though surely there is a more aloof, snarky, and asperger-y way to go about this.

isnt that the same thing from syro

Yes somehow I totally missed ths syro one. Oh I remember why my wife had a kid around that time, I didn't go balls deep in the PR machine like I did for Tomorrow's Harvest.

ok i need someone to figure out which night aphex is playing. I'm asking you joyrex please. if you can't tell publicly please tell me via PM

I don't know myself yet - I'm making arrangements.

Houston's bus and light rail system is pretty decent - the venue is the old post office building downtown not too far from where I work (about a 20 minute walk), so depending on where you are staying hotel-wise, you should be able to get around pretty easily. Downtown Houston on the weekends is pretty dead, so you could walk depending on the weather during that time.

Uber would probably be the next logical option, and if someone is going to be here for all three days, I would even suggest looking into a car rental - some are 30USD per day or less, and offer you more freedom to get around the area, especially if you want to go hit up the restaurants, which we are kinda known for.

I should make a list of 'places to go and see' in Houston, eh?

ok i need someone to figure out which night aphex is playing. I'm asking you joyrex please. if you can't tell publicly please tell me via PM

honestly would majorly appreciate a PM regarding this

Houston's bus and light rail system is pretty decent - the venue is the old post office building downtown not too far from where I work (about a 20 minute walk), so depending on where you are staying hotel-wise, you should be able to get around pretty easily. Downtown Houston on the weekends is pretty dead, so you could walk depending on the weather during that time.

Uber would probably be the next logical option, and if someone is going to be here for all three days, I would even suggest looking into a car rental - some are 30USD per day or less, and offer you more freedom to get around the area, especially if you want to go hit up the restaurants, which we are kinda known for.

I should make a list of 'places to go and see' in Houston, eh?

yes you should. we're there fri-mon. doubt we'll pony up $200 for the fri nite party

re: the venue:

i don't really get it. like, for moogfest they took over the entireity of downtown asheville, which is admittedly much much much smaller than houston. but they took over every venue the city had to offer their lineup (something like 4-6 venues?). there were many shows where if you didn't lineup hours beforehand you weren't going to get in because the venue was too tiny (machinedrum, flylo, etc). is this entire festival taking place at one location with one stage? 

fuckit. nevermind i bothered to look it up on the site:

"The historic Barbara Jordan Post Office at 401 Franklin Street, designed by the same architects as the Houston Astrodome, will be the setting for this year’s hyper-sensorial festival.

The 1.5 million square foot hybrid indoor-outdoor space will house three massive stages with seamless flow between the stages and immersive art installations."

still that seems like a lot of artists for only 3 stages and two days. and i wonder if you'll need to lineup hours in advance to get into the headliner shows like you would have at moogfest

if some1 donated me a ticket I could probably convince one of my friends to get a ticket and drive down there (im in Kansas), and I have a friend who lives outside Houston. every1 pitch in 25$ and i'll have my ticket in NO TIME :emotawesomepm9:.

anyone know any get rich quick schemes besides handjob serviceman?

but seriously, will this sell out?

I mean, the first floor venue of the post office holds a lot of people, and it looks like they setup an outside stage which will likely also hold a lot of people .Not the same as small venues around town.

Be careful walking around downtown, especially at night, it has a lot of homeless shelters and the jail is there, so there can be unsavory characters about. I would use Uber to get around, or public transit. Some cab drivers aren't the best.

Archived