IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

does anyone want to speculate as to why boss is "going dark" for a while after meeting warp guy, presumably rdj, and the impending major relaunch of the site/forum looming? do we think this will happen sooner/later? in direct conjunction with new rdj release? what will the new site do (besides upgraded forum capabilities)?

because jr loves nothing more than...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we get some official(or soundcloud) releases of these tracks.  This is awesome.

This is great, but I think the recording here is a touch better 

I really hope we get some official(or soundcloud) releases of these tracks.  This is awesome.

This is great, but I think the recording here is a touch better 

does anyone else hear xtal in one of the new ones / the first part of the new one (starts around 1:24 in this vid)? i'm getting the strongest xtal vibe around 1:25??? maybe i just have xtal on the brain

Do americans always cheer during concerts like every 10 sec ?

Sadly, yes, this is pretty much consistent everywhere in the US where I've been to a show. Except maybe like, Godspeed.

o man that sounds annoying

Sadly, yes, this is pretty much consistent everywhere in the US where I've been to a show. Except maybe like, Godspeed.

I think it happens more often at electronic shows because of the whole "drop" or "break" type thing, happens less at rock shows (usually just between songs)

And I mean festival crowds are typically not the most respectful ha

Americans cheer and whoop at everything, weirdos. in the cinema even.

Calm the fuck down, not everything is actually that exciting.

When you are watching Aphex Twin for the first time, everything is actually that exciting. 

Probably more than 50% of that audience was watching Richard perform live for the very first time. 

norman vincent peale hd th big influence on thm.. edit@Kavinsky

"Donald Trump claims to attend Marble Collegiate Church, and Trump has repeatedly praised Peale and cited him as a formative influence, though Peale's son has said he wishes he would not.[33][34]"

Yeah festival crowds are always whooping it up like its a football game and/or they are texting. Smaller niche crowds are usually better. Underground metal shows, experimental electronic acts, drone sets, etc. I remember seeing a free day show where Pelican and Boris were playing and only time someone talked loudly was between songs, and he simply yelled "PLAY LOUDER AND SLOWER"

This trip to see Aphex was a such an import one to me.  Richard has been a continuous inspiration over the years. Over the last few years I've been pretty religiously listening to live recordings. I almost listened to the unreleased tracks every day since I don't know when to Syro.  I've toiled over the Tuss tracks and the Analord tracks. Other artists have come and gone, but I've always felt he offered more.  

When I was in highschool in the 90s he really opened my eyes to the possibilities of music and I started making inspired by that. In 2005 I saw him play at glade and that marked the end of my university life. I've been on here since 2011. In 2011 I got married to Avril 14th playing as I walked down the isle. This show marked my 10th anniversary of me taking myself seriously as an artist, meeting my wife and being in a crazy job where I get to mess with sound and crazy tech like virtual reality for a living.  

Coming to the fest, meeting a bunch of the WATMM MASSIVE, dancing together and talking about a bunch of this shit we are obsessed with got me all weepy and happy.  Chatting on discord with watmm crew was fun while everyone wormed around the fest.  Seeing and hearing this massive show and being in this epic weather system change (while my wife texted me to tell me how important she knew this was to me) was cinematic and the GREATEST THING EVER.  Having this mystery record pop up ( GOT ONE !) and seeing it show up in the crowd and internet was alot of fun to be apart of. 

I hope I get to experience one or two more of these before I can't hear anything and I can't move anymore.

It's weird.  

I love it!

Mirroring other sentiments on here, the Aphex set was absolutely defining, liminal insanity punctuated by violent climactic cues! I have never experienced anything like it nor am I likely to again!

Loved meeting those WATMMs that I did! XXX & I were even on the same flight on the 19th!

Archived