IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

For those wondering, Aphex was using a Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 for his set. You're welcome.

https://media.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/ToraizSP16-large.jpg?60146cb337

wow for everything. Did he just load up all the tracks directly on there?

EDIT: I did notice some interesting filtering going on, maybe that dave smith filter got some play.

no idea what squarepusher was using the next day. but i think it was something similar to this. at least with a touch-slide that he was controlling bpm with. you can see him messing with it in some of my vids because he wasn't behind massive screens.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome headline from NPR...

Nice article, but goddamn can that guy digress.

In 2011 I got married to Avril 14th playing as I walked down the isle.

I played Avril 14th for my girl on our 1st date

We planned to play it at our wedding on April 14th 2018

When on tinder I'd only swipe right for girls named Avril. I proposed to the 14th Avril I dated and she said yes! We're getting married on 4/14 while listening to Avril 14th and we plan to name our first child Avril Fourteenth Booth.

When on tinder I'd only swipe right for girls named Avril. I proposed to the 14th Avril I dated and she said yes! We're getting married on 4/14 while listening to Avril 14th and we plan to name our first child Avril Fourteenth Booth.

Was the girl also 14 and born April 14th?

I wish i had stood more near the middle of the crowd. I wish i didnt have to carry my record around. I wish i had danced harder. All these things and i still wouldnt have actually changed a thing. There was something in those two hours that made me feel i was exactly where i needed to be, in the right place at the right time. By about halfway through, there was definitely a vibe amongst the crowd that we were witnessing a culmination of events that would never come together again...

Yo Boom, well said - it really did feel historic. 

Are you getting divorced when she turns 15?

That NPR article is loads better than the shitty FACT mag one

That article pointed out that the last of the "acid tests" were in Houston, TX though, and Sunday was my first time doing acid so I think that's a pretty sick fucking coincidence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_Tests

Are you getting divorced when she turns 15?

I got nothing

does anyone want to speculate as to why boss is "going dark" for a while after meeting warp guy, presumably rdj, and the impending major relaunch of the site/forum looming? do we think this will happen sooner/later? in direct conjunction with new rdj release? what will the new site do (besides upgraded forum capabilities)?

LOL, sorry for being so dramatic - just taking time off with the fam for Christmas.

I'll probably reminisce at some later point about my experience, but in short:

• Met some awesome WATMMers; wished I could have met you all, but I was all over the grounds and really wasn't focused as much as I should have been
  • Did not get a white label at the show (stupid event didn't take plastic for merch, but sure as hell did for booze - fsmh)
  • Did get a white label from WARP (top guys and gals, all of them) in the mail yesterday.
  • Met about 10 or so WARP NA reps; super nice guys and gals. Was with them in the VIP the whole of Aphex's show. Danced like a fool with them (and I can't dance).
  • Did NOT meet Richard - long story short there was a mixup and didn't get the proper passes to go backstage, and couldn't get a hold of organizers to rectify in time. Gutted. Probably only chance I ever had of a face-to-face meeting.
  • Did watch about 1/2 of Aphex's set with Tycho (super nice guy, and the most down-to-earth person I've ever met). Put on a good show at DfN as well. Even remembered my son from the last time we saw him here in 2013!
  • Coming home at 2 AM reminded me that I am too old for this shit :dadjoke:
  • Despite the disappointments, the highlights more than made up for it and I will always treasure the memory.
  • Richard put on an AMAZING show... too bad I couldn't have told him personally. Did manage to get him and WARP some Caustic Window DigiPaks I brought for them.

OK, back to time off - getting ready to make tamales for Christmas!

I am so happy to hear such a powerful dj set by Aphex, i hope the full soundboard recording by [HAMAD] will soon emerge. I am glad for you, fellow watmmers.

a full soundboard would be amaze.

it would be but (not intending to sound rude here) for the millionth time that's not a soundboard they've just overlaid the identified tracks, reason it's taking so long is cuz they're having to make it

:catnope:

does anyone want to speculate as to why boss is "going dark" for a while after meeting warp guy, presumably rdj, and the impending major relaunch of the site/forum looming? do we think this will happen sooner/later? in direct conjunction with new rdj release? what will the new site do (besides upgraded forum capabilities)?

LOL, sorry for being so dramatic - just taking time off with the fam for Christmas.

I'll probably reminisce at some later point about my experience, but in short:

• Met some awesome WATMMers; wished I could have met you all, but I was all over the grounds and really wasn't focused as much as I should have been
  • Did not get a white label at the show (stupid event didn't take plastic for merch, but sure as hell did for booze - fsmh)
  • Did get a white label from WARP (top guys and gals, all of them) in the mail yesterday.
  • Met about 10 or so WARP NA reps; super nice guys and gals. Was with them in the VIP the whole of Aphex's show. Danced like a fool with them (and I can't dance).
  • Did NOT meet Richard - long story short there was a mixup and didn't get the proper passes to go backstage, and couldn't get a hold of organizers to rectify in time. Gutted. Probably only chance I ever had of a face-to-face meeting.
  • Did watch about 1/2 of Aphex's set with Tycho (super nice guy, and the most down-to-earth person I've ever met). Put on a good show at DfN as well. Even remembered my son from the last time we saw him here in 2013!
  • Coming home at 2 AM reminded me that I am too old for this shit :dadjoke:
  • Despite the disappointments, the highlights more than made up for it and I will always treasure the memory.
  • Richard put on an AMAZING show... too bad I couldn't have told him personally. Did manage to get him and WARP some Caustic Window DigiPaks I brought for them.

OK, back to time off - getting ready to make tamales for Christmas!

ooh, what kind of tamales you makin, y0?

I am so happy to hear such a powerful dj set by Aphex, i hope the full soundboard recording by [HAMAD] will soon emerge. I am glad for you, fellow watmmers.

a full soundboard would be amaze.

it would be but (not intending to sound rude here) for the millionth time that's not a soundboard they've just overlaid the identified tracks, reason it's taking so long is cuz they're having to make it

:catnope:

I think we'll know when the part with the original tracks comes around (if it does)

Archived