IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

I am so happy to hear such a powerful dj set by Aphex, i hope the full soundboard recording by [HAMAD] will soon emerge. I am glad for you, fellow watmmers.

a full soundboard would be amaze.

it would be but (not intending to sound rude here) for the millionth time that's not a soundboard they've just overlaid the identified tracks, reason it's taking so long is cuz they're having to make it

:catnope:

No way? You mean that recording with the crowd noise at the beginning etc isn't a soundboard?! Well blow me down, thanks tips! Thank you for your assistance. =)

200_s.gif

edit: also merry christmas!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn that vid is 4k, great quality for these reaction moments...

mkUhROL.png

I remember that guy's face on the left! He was spinning around some kind of rubber top in the air. It came down on someone's head right next to us. We were on acid and he made us nervous, but we were at a phase where relocating was difficult.

I'll never forget that face... He apologized to us several times, thinking we were the people he hit. He said it was really embarrassing because he calls himself a professional....

Richard commented on Soundcloud and said he played Polynomial C live

@user-916650190: Yeah, well what I’ve found in the past was that if I say I’m going to do a live show, then if I’m doing the show and i just don’t feel like hearing my music, I HAVE to play it and I find that really horrible. The way I do it now is if I wanna deejay I can, if I want to slip in some of mine or play or test a few live bits out I can do that also. Its a much better way to do it for me. In Houston I did play one track live, Polynomial C, kinda messed it up but learned a lot from it and changed it afterwards..why just deejay or just play live when you can do both.

@user-916650190: Yeah, well what I’ve found in the past was that if I say I’m going to do a live show, then if I’m doing the show and i just don’t feel like hearing my music, I HAVE to play it and I find that really horrible. The way I do it now is if I wanna deejay I can, if I want to slip in some of mine or play or test a few live bits out I can do that also. Its a much better way to do it for me. In Houston I did play one track live, Polynomial C, kinda messed it up but learned a lot from it and changed it afterwards..why just deejay or just play live when you can do both.

this is so fucking cool. ugh take me back

Probably goes without saying but I have no ill will toward the dreadlock'd raver guy at all. In a moment like that, being caught off guard, I easily could have been caught geeking the fuck out and producing some pretty animated facial reactions myself. And I don't care if you were out there dropping spinning tops on people's heads and shit by accident. You apologized like a gentleman. Mega props for braving the cold rain storms bare-chested like a true AFXbro warrior. If you're out there and take issue with having your mug on the site (i see the original vid was taken down) pls contact the mods or something. 

Bless him for that.

I hope one thing he learned from it was TO FING RELEASE IT and those other unreleased tunes!! :D

does anyone want to speculate as to why boss is "going dark" for a while after meeting warp guy, presumably rdj, and the impending major relaunch of the site/forum looming? do we think this will happen sooner/later? in direct conjunction with new rdj release? what will the new site do (besides upgraded forum capabilities)?

LOL, sorry for being so dramatic - just taking time off with the fam for Christmas.

I'll probably reminisce at some later point about my experience, but in short:

• Met some awesome WATMMers; wished I could have met you all, but I was all over the grounds and really wasn't focused as much as I should have been
  • Did not get a white label at the show (stupid event didn't take plastic for merch, but sure as hell did for booze - fsmh)
  • Did get a white label from WARP (top guys and gals, all of them) in the mail yesterday.
  • Met about 10 or so WARP NA reps; super nice guys and gals. Was with them in the VIP the whole of Aphex's show. Danced like a fool with them (and I can't dance).
  • Did NOT meet Richard - long story short there was a mixup and didn't get the proper passes to go backstage, and couldn't get a hold of organizers to rectify in time. Gutted. Probably only chance I ever had of a face-to-face meeting.
  • Did watch about 1/2 of Aphex's set with Tycho (super nice guy, and the most down-to-earth person I've ever met). Put on a good show at DfN as well. Even remembered my son from the last time we saw him here in 2013!
  • Coming home at 2 AM reminded me that I am too old for this shit :dadjoke:
  • Despite the disappointments, the highlights more than made up for it and I will always treasure the memory.
  • Richard put on an AMAZING show... too bad I couldn't have told him personally. Did manage to get him and WARP some Caustic Window DigiPaks I brought for them.

OK, back to time off - getting ready to make tamales for Christmas!

ooh, what kind of tamales you makin, y0?

Made some chicken with salsa verde and some shredded beef with Guajillo salsa. Gonna do a second batch for New Years...

Archived