Sign in to follow this  
nizzleone

Day for Night Festival

BoC and AE are the only way they could truly follow up to the AFX & Squarepusher superslam they had going on last year, for me anyway.

I am a bit worried they'll try and pick up more boring artists to sell more tickets, but last year seemed to do just fine with the balance they had.

I remember the harambe hoax

I still laugh thinking about that meme

Bush did harambe

Even if they go for the big mainstream names i don't think it would benefit them as much as AFX did last year, unless those mainstream names come with a great deal of rarity or exclusivity. There aren't many artists left who inspire the kind of passion AFX does where people will fly in from all over the world to see them.

I wish I was doing 2016 all over again

I wish I was doing 2016 all over again

Obviously, lives and safety are the real priority currently but I'm skeptical as to how Houston could pull off a Day For Night now in just 90 days or so. This is Katrina level shit now.

I read somewhere that the city is going to be inhabitable again from anywhere between a few weeks to a few months. You may be right.

I'm there now.  There are many "habitable" areas all over, but many neighborhoods have been laid waste.  I agree that DFN may not be possible, but the city will recover. 

Obviously, lives and safety are the real priority currently but I'm skeptical as to how Houston could pull off a Day For Night now in just 90 days or so. This is Katrina level shit now.

I read somewhere that the city is going to be inhabitable again from anywhere between a few weeks to a few months. You may be right.

I'm downtown right now - life is returning to normal faster than you'd expect it to. DfN old houston post office location is dry, building looks intact.

I'm downtown right now - life is returning to normal faster than you'd expect it to.

Glad to hear that

I'm downtown right now - life is returning to normal faster than you'd expect it to.

Glad to hear that

YAY! Glad to see you back on watmm Joyrex

Good to hear!

The festival confirmed on their facebook that they are still on for December :)

Word is floating around that this is the official lineup. It was taken down from the site in 5 minutes:

Sound

Nine Inch Nails Thom Yorke Solange Justice St. Vincent Tyler, The Creator James Blake Pretty Lights Jamie XX Autechre Phantogram Pussy Riot The Jesus Lizard Laurie Anderson REZZ Nina Kraviz Godspeed You! Black Emperor Cashmere Cat Cardi B Perfume Genius Sky Ferreira Gas En Vogue Lil B of Montreal Venetian Snares x Daniel Lanois Princess Nokia Kimbra Mount Kimbie Corbin Shlohmo The Album Leaf G Jones Forest Swords Babyfather DJ Tennis Tim Hecker Shabazz Palaces Andy Stott Jessy Lanza Jlin Priests Bjarki Roni Size Demdike Stare Saro Rabit x House of Kenzo Marcus Marr HoodCelebrityy Faten Kanaan True American Pearl Crush Deep Cuts Tyler Barber N N O A Santa Muerte Kona FM Anitra Narcons Acid Jeep XLX Miguel Flaco

Light

Ryoji Ikeda Matthew Schreiber Conditional Studio + Processing Foundation James Clar Felicie D’Estienne d’Orves Kyle McDonald + Jonas Jongejan Ryoichi Kurokawa Radio Soulwax VT Pro Hovver The Mill Playmodes Théodore Fivel + Freeka Tet Ekene Ijeoma Cocolab Sam Cannon Vincent Moon + Priscilla Telmon Lina Dib

thom gonna go all fanboy on the chre 👍🏻

Damn that looks like a sick lineup. Autechre is my favorite live band I've only seen them once. Should I fly down??

If that lineup is real then i am making the trip there. All you needed to say was Autechre. It seems pretty realistic. I reckon that Thom Yorke would DJ. Venetian Snares! Jlin!

Woah. Great news for my city if true.

Andy Stott  Lil B Venetian Snares NIN Autechre Aphex

:catrage::catnope::catfallen::catnope::catbleed:

If that's the lineup, I'm sold.

I can't miss an Autechre + Venetian Snares double feature.

wait a minute, confirm that shit first.

Unless another granny of mine dies and leaves a shit-ton of cash... I can't make this one :(