IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so no autechre

"Houston. Texas.

Day for Night is proud to announce its 2017 lineup with performances by Nine Inch Nails, Thom Yorke, SolangeJusticeSt. VincentTyler the CreatorJames BlakePretty LightsJamie xxPhantogram, and many more. Visual installations will be presented by Ryoji ikeda (official)Matthew Schreiber, Conditional Studio and Processing Foundation, James Clar, and others."

Looks really amazing...considering flying over for it.
I'd really love to see Tyler the Creator [i think he might be banned in the UK?].....also The Jesus Lizard would be pretty special!
I'd be interested in seeing Pussy Riot too....they have a few bangers and are a curious phenomenon.

Love Love's very own Acid Jeep will be playing too!

Really should have done that blind presale at the conclusion of 2016 DfN for $100. Obviously there are some spicy names there I'd love to see but it's double the price from 2016. Close to 3 bills with tax and fees....

[distress intensifies]

Yeah, I couldn't believe blind presale was the same price as regular tickets from 2016. AND it was sold out.

The possibility of Autechre made this a no-brainer. Ae playing a festival seems really far-fetched though. Whoever snuck their name in to the leak to "mess" with us is a real POS.

I'm not sure what to do now, the lineup is really strong but the ticket prices are even stronger. I'm disappointed that Earl Sweatshirt is only playing Friday, he is the only person i want to see that day but don't want to spend an extra $100. If he was playing the weekend it would make this decision easier for me. I'd love to see Jlin and Snares. I wish i had more information on the nature of Thom Yorke's performance, if he is performing his solo stuff live that sounds cool. The thought of having to watch him DJ and the way he would dance while DJing is very unappealing. I'm sure he'd play alot of great stuff, but i much prefer to hear than see that man.

I had a chuckle at how quick D4N cleared up any ambiguity regarding the Thom Yorke performance. Would be really cool to hear Thom Yorke do his beautiful yodel in person again. I last saw Radiohead as a teenager in the year 2000 and was too excited and in my own head to fully immerse myself for much of it. I found his awkward dance moves charming those days, before the confidence really kicked in.

I'm contemplating going, I'd be curious to hear what acts some of you are excited about on the lineup, there are many names on there that i'm not familiar with.

who is better dancer? tom porke or dis guy?

discuss

dis guy                                                                                                                                                tom porke

PbAGdcY.gifThom-Yorke-Dance-GIF-04172017.gif

who is better dancer? tom porke or dis guy?

discuss

dis guy                                                                                                                                                tom porke

PbAGdcY.gifThom-Yorke-Dance-GIF-04172017.gif

dis guy

giphy.gif

Hell i'll be there! Nicked a presale pass from a guy for the low. Gunna be a graduation treat for myself i think. Absolutely stacked lineup.. Nina Kraviz, V Snares, Justice, Cashmere Cat, GAS, Radio Soulwax, NIN, Shlohmo, Hecker, Andy Stott, Jlin, Demdike Stare, Jamie XX..

are people seriously complaining about the ticket price on this one? this is the cheapest bang for buck lineup I've ever seen. maybe I'm just used to jacked up PNW festival pricing where it's $375 for a crock of shit and 4 good bands. $205 for this is a steal. it's the travel/housing that really gets me

Ae playing a festival seems really far-fetched though.

They've played a whole bunch of festivals.

I know they have in the past, i was basing that opinion off the idea that they apparently have exceedingly high standards for venues and sound systems now. Does anyone know if they always played without lighting and visuals? I heard they turned down the chance to open for Radiohead on their "no commercial venue" Kid-A tour that they did in bigtop circus tents in parks and festival grounds around Europe in 2000.

are people seriously complaining about the ticket price on this one? this is the cheapest bang for buck lineup I've ever seen. maybe I'm just used to jacked up PNW festival pricing where it's $375 for a crock of shit and 4 good bands. $205 for this is a steal. it's the travel/housing that really gets me

errr... last years lineup was loads better imo and ~$300 for two passes versus ~$500 for two passes this time?

Archived