IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we'd have to pony up $400 to tell Richard we build oscillators in Reaktor because of him? Man, SPD did it bigger, better, 9 years ago and for free to boot.

SPD was filming the poor gent who asked that fateful question... I had him grab my camera bc I was trying to take pics but it was stuck on video mode and in my stupor I could not get it to function as intended, no bother made for some historical footage. Got a signature from RDJ on orig SAW 85-92, some pictures (and some video obv) and asked him about his preferred headphones all in a quick blur. As SPD showed me last time, you don't need VIP or backstage passes to necessarily, not saying they don't hurt but anything's possible.

That's awesome, I knew you and SPD met him but I had no idea he signed your copy of SAW 85-92. I'm going to take my Cheetah EP cassette if I miraculously encounter him IRL.

So we'd have to pony up $400 to tell Richard we build oscillators in Reaktor because of him? Man, SPD did it bigger, better, 9 years ago and for free to boot.

SPD was filming the poor gent who asked that fateful question...

Does that still exist anywhere ? Don't think I ever saw that video - I'm intrigued !

so apparently 75% of tix sold have been to out of towners and it's probably only going to get harder/more expensive to book lodging. we gripped an airbnb 1mi away for $230 w/fees for 3 nites

everyone remember to bring some weed for richard though

I didn't hear that he didn't do that anymore

what
Pretty sure in Syrobonkers he mentions smoking dank memes weed

Also, I am totally not flying from Washington for this, but I am jealous, and I will totally watch bootlegs. Has anyone mentioned that he said he was done with DJ shows, but he might do more live performances? Am I wrong about that?

I really hope they release info on when rdj is playing so that I only have to fly there for one night.  Regretting buying this from a logistical and $$ point of view but damn I really hope I can go.  Hope it's easy to sell tickets otherwise.  Will sell to any needy buyers here if it ends up being the case and they're gone, lol

Hey folks I'd be keen to share accom with fellow out-of-towners who don't mind d'aul oirish blarney .. i'll be staying near the venue fri/sat but an airport hotel sunday/mon morning for convenience - no accom booked yet but PM if ya wanna do's dis!

I will also welcome any advice from his Joyrexness on local Texan logistics re areas to stay!

Hey folks I'd be keen to share accom with fellow out-of-towners who don't mind d'aul oirish blarney .. i'll be staying near the venue fri/sat but an airport hotel sunday/mon morning for convenience - no accom booked yet but PM if ya wanna do's dis!

I will also welcome any advice from his Joyrexness on local Texan logistics re areas to stay!

Gosh, not much advice I can give you there - since I live here, the last place I would know about is hotels or motels! I'd say look on booking.com or priceline.com and see what's available, or do what the kids do these days and try that AirBNB thing.

I know hotels downtown can be a bit pricey, but there are some nice ones - I've heard good things about Hotel ICON, but no idea on prices.

RE: What Richard will be doing for the show - nothing confirmed yet mind you, but I do know he'll start working on what he'll be doing for the show next month, so I imagine it wouldn't just be a DJ performance if it took preparation beforehand. Don't quote me on that though!

Cheers Joyrex.. i'll check out downtown anyways ...

Bloody fascinated about what RDJ will be doing this but surely even his DJ sets / VJ syncing need as a bit of prep? I always imagine he simply just jams away at the mixing with rough sketches of  how ti would go on the night.. getting his pool of potential tracks into various playlists etc

But if its something new/live? WOW!

he might be doing this to meet up with alex jones in austin

Had this thought too comically... I'm sure they'd agree on some levels ha ha

SPD was filming the poor gent who asked that fateful question... I had him grab my camera bc I was trying to take pics but it was stuck on video mode and in my stupor I could not get it to function as intended, no bother made for some historical footage. Got a signature from RDJ on orig SAW 85-92, some pictures (and some video obv) and asked him about his preferred headphones all in a quick blur. As SPD showed me last time, you don't need VIP or backstage passes to necessarily, not saying they don't hurt but anything's possible.

That's awesome, I knew you and SPD met him but I had no idea he signed your copy of SAW 85-92. I'm going to take my Cheetah EP cassette if I miraculously encounter him IRL.

I thought the exact same thing, would be a good one to get signed if the opportunity were to arise, small and easy to carry around. Bring a marker tho, I was freaking out trying to find someone with one, got a pen and thats what he signed the CD with, he had to scratch over a few times to get it to write on the CD

Picture%20181_zpssueunru6.jpg

One of my best friends is from Houston, so we're crashing at his mom's house. That's extra money for merch.

I wonder what it's going to be like when we stumble in, drunk as hell, at 3am.

If anyone is curious about the nature of the Bjork "performance", they have cleaned up the language on their official site. Not too long ago it said she "will perform DJ sets at the Friday night preview parts as well as electronic sets during the festival" Now they have clarified that she is just going to DJ. I am disappointed considering that Matmos is performing. They produced much of Vespertine as well as touring for it as a part of her band.

"In addition to her installations, the famed Icelandic artist will perform DJ sets at the Friday night preview party as well as during the festival.

Gosh, not much advice I can give you there - since I live here, the last place I would know about is hotels or motels! I'd say look on booking.com or priceline.com and see what's available, or do what the kids do these days and try that AirBNB thing.

I know hotels downtown can be a bit pricey, but there are some nice ones - I've heard good things about Hotel ICON, but no idea on prices.

RE: What Richard will be doing for the show - nothing confirmed yet mind you, but I do know he'll start working on what he'll be doing for the show next month, so I imagine it wouldn't just be a DJ performance if it took preparation beforehand. Don't quote me on that though!

Sweet.

If anyone is curious about the nature of the Bjork "performance", they have cleaned up the language on their official site. Not too long ago it said she "will perform DJ sets at the Friday night preview parts as well as electronic sets during the festival" Now they have clarified that she is just going to DJ. I am disappointed considering that Matmos is performing. They produced much of Vespertine as well as touring for it as a part of her band.

"In addition to her installations, the famed Icelandic artist will perform DJ sets at the Friday night preview party as well as during the festival.

nice bait and switch. that's horribly fucking lame actually

he might be doing this to meet up with alex jones in austin

Had this thought too comically... I'm sure they'd agree on some levels ha ha

I thought the exact same thing, would be a good one to get signed if the opportunity were to arise, small and easy to carry around. Bring a marker tho, I was freaking out trying to find someone with one, got a pen and thats what he signed the CD with, he had to scratch over a few times to get it to write on the CD

Picture%20181_zpssueunru6.jpg

I'm bringing silver sharpies... goes well with the CAT023 CDr and digipaks :wink:

Archived