IGNORED

Day for Night Festival

nizzleone

I'll bring my white Syro Vinyl cover and  a thick black marker for max autograph effect!

No wait........... 

My white label 12" of the Rome/Warp20 tracks so RDJ and TJ can both sign them

IF ONLY!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I see the official start times are 7pm-2am on Friday the 16th but isn't that just the VIP party? I'm curious when y'all are converging. It would be really nice to know hard schedules for who is on when but reckon you don't get that until you show up.

i messaged them about specific times for artists and this is what they said:

We will be releasing the stage schedules closer to the event. Keep an eye out on here for announcements, or sign up for our newsletter for info as soon as it is available.

FFS! Every time I stop logging on to WATMM for a while, Richard does something awesome.  Time to start looking at travel and lodging plans!  I fly all the time for work anyway, so airfare and hotel will be free+tax, so I have absolutely no excuse for not going.

With the Ae US tour, at least the concentration of WATMM energies was distributed across space and time.  It boggles the mind thinking about what could happen when this much WATMM converges simultaneously.

Does anyone remember which Syro-era interview contained Richard talking about his plans regarding live performing in the future? I figured it was the Noyzelab Syrobonkers interview but i just reread that in it's entirety and it doesn't come up (unless i happened to doze off at that point).

I remember something about him saying he doesn't want to DJ under the name "Aphex Twin" anymore but would like to do live performances again. My memories are fuzzy though. Thanks!

Well I'll be rolling into Houston around 1600 on Friday so come what may. I'll be ready. Shouts to Expedia "one day only" specials. 3 nights at a 4 star hotel less than 1 mile from venue and round trip flight for just $770. I'm gonna roll out my own red carpet for meself.

Nice deal - where you staying at?

The Magnolia on Texas Street. When I selected it, it just felt like the type of place Richard will stay at. We'll have crumpets each morning before raving.

Ah, nice choice - I'm about a 5-10 minute walk from there! I heard it's a really nicely restored hotel.

The Magnolia on Texas Street. When I selected it, it just felt like the type of place Richard will stay at. We'll have crumpets each morning before raving.

Ah, nice choice - I'm about a 5-10 minute walk from there! I heard it's a really nicely restored hotel.
Awesome--since you know the lay of the land, is the mile between the post office venue and the hotel "rape-filled" or "chill"? My desire is to stumble home at will.

Oh yeah, how reliable is the public transport? Does it stop running after a certain time?

Metro is pretty reliable, and Google Maps has the transit times down pretty accurately. Of course, it's public transport in a major city, so of course there are all sorts of "colourful" characters at that time of the evening/morning. If you wanted to be 100% safe, I'd say Uber it.

Yeah uber is pretty neat, but when everyone's heading home at 2-3am and all the ubers are getting snatched, it's nice to know I could ride that train/tram thing (c'mon ride it). I live and work in NYC, I see colorful characters every day, maybe I can get a feel (and a whiff) of the locals. Of course I'll see how the situation evolves at the time.

Hell yeah! I'm going to be driving out from California with a group of five. It's twenty-two hours to Houston; we'll be hitting the road Thursday evening and arriving very late on Friday. Already got tickets for myself and the lady. Just trying to sort out lodging now.

Since we'll be prob be arriving around 1am I think we'll have to get a hotel or camp out somewhere at least the first night...I'd like to try AirBnB but I'm not sure anyone would be cool with us checking in that late.

We'll probably do a little sightseeing on Monday before heading back, maybe go check out the gulf coast.

Yeah uber is pretty neat, but when everyone's heading home at 2-3am and all the ubers are getting snatched, it's nice to know I could ride that train/tram thing (c'mon ride it). I live and work in NYC, I see colorful characters every day, maybe I can get a feel (and a whiff) of the locals. Of course I'll see how the situation evolves at the time.

Dunno what our Uber situation is here in Houston... I've never had a problem getting one the times i've used it (but then again, I'm not coming home from clubbing at 2 AM either).

Weather just turned awesome today - low humidity, highs in the low 80's... Fall is finally here!

The metrorail in Downtown is pretty limited - we do have a free local bus service in downtown called GreenLink though, so that might be running as well in addition to the regular Metro buses. Google Maps has transit directions with times built in now and they are very accurate for downtown Houston.

Anybody watch that show Chopped? Chefs get an identical basket of ingredients and compete to make the best meal. I think 2 wicker baskets each with a Roland complement (101, 303, 606) and a mystery desktop module should be placed in front of them with 30 minutes to make the best track.

Hahaha that would be awesome actually. Or the further evolution of that idea, Cutthroat Kitchen, where there's also sabotages to auction off (your opponents track has to use samples from this Britney Spears acapella!)

Anybody watch that show Chopped? Chefs get an identical basket of ingredients and compete to make the best meal. I think 2 wicker baskets each with a Roland complement (101, 303, 606) and a mystery desktop module should be placed in front of them with 30 minutes to make the best track.

maybe he's bringing the Cheetah synth

DFN facebook posted this official playlist. Get excited.

https://play.spotify.com/user/dayfornightfest/playlist/3E70mwX9veu1KMvfmxtB0v

...dang I haven't heard Phloam in a long time.

I think that's just tracks they picked to put together a playlist, and NOT indicative of what Richard will be playing at the festival.

Archived