IGNORED

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing 20th Anniversary 6LP Edition

New 180g 6LP set with 'deluxe packaging', 48-page hardback book, etc. It's got the original album, the bonus stuff that appeared on the 10th anniversary deluxe 2CD, and a bunch of new remixes by other artists.

I've avoided grabbing Endtroducing on wax as the repress was handled by Back to Black, and those guys are notorious for just using the cd masters. Looks like my patience has paid off! Don't care too much for the guest remixes, but everything else is enough to warrant my investment.

www.djshadow.com

holy moly. 

a few months ago i caved and got the back to black reissue. sounds ok, not good. also i've always wondered why there is a whole track just left off. i think the track is what does your soul look like pt 4.

wowowowowowow this looks cool

'Spensive.

The remix track list didn't excite me much, kinda interested in the Kuedo and Clams mixes. I take it it's not been "remastered " then?

Kuedo - hell yes

Clams - i dunno, recent stuff is pretty lackluster IMO, sadly

It is always the same too - vital stuff is missing (like the Dj Die remix of "what does..." pt 1, which is much better than peeshay's remix). It is always like this - is just because it is somehow important too keep some stuff still limited and rare? (I know that sometimes artists want to "hide" stuff that hasn't aged well too) It's just like Roland - they can't sell people all and everything what people really want because than there would be no history to milk anymore...

• 1 month later...

Still debating whether to grab this. I've listened to the guest remix comp on Spotify a couple times. There are a few decent ones in there, but for the most part, it's pretty weak.

All I want is a nice press of Endtroducing that has no track omissions and doesn't use a shitty CD master, so it's either this or a used Mo'Wax orig copy for mad amounts of £££

Best album?? It has its moments

lol I don't think I've ever seen you write anything positive on this forum. Pretty un-chill for a carrot.

check the orbus terrarum thread and other threads with good music

6LPs at 180g is almost heavier than all the records used as samples on this album combined amirite??

^ha!  Fun fact, he made the entire album on a 12-bit MPC, so such on those lush nulls audiophiles!

That still amazes me:

sampling rate of 40 kHz (freq response 20 Hz - 18 kHz)

16-bit ADC and DAC, with data stored in special non-linear 12bit format (for lower noise)

750kB sampling memory (13.1 seconds), upgradable to 1.5MB (26.2 seconds) (expansion card: EXM003)

Reminds me of when I saw all these comments on facebook during the BoC old tunes cassette sale. People kept saying "this needs a proper re-release using the masters" and slagging off the quality of type II cassette it was recorded on, saying digitizing it would be inferior. My response was "it's Boards of Canada - they produce with old tapes and put their early music out on old tapes, there's no magical 24-bit 96 kHz digital master floating around. This is as good as it will get ever and it fits their sound."

Archived