IGNORED

Filipino Drug Addicts Being Killed in State Drug Crackdown

Joyrex

As an aside...for anyone interested in the psychology of the recent rise in fascism worldwide, here's a lecture from the great Jordan Peterson about it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3aTURVEC8

This dude and his lectures is probably the most fruitful thing that has ever revealed itself on this message board, the second one being ask autechre anything, so thank you.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, I know...he is an ex-Harvard professor, moved back to Toronto...

His lectures "Self-Deception in Psychopathology", "Reality and the Sacred" and "Slaying the Dragon" are the most insightful lectures I've ever seen...and goddamn what a great speaker

Fillipino drug addicts shot on site but they have to go through the legal process to execute the one subhuman creature who should have been shot the moment he crossed the border 5 years ago. Madness.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/21/philippine-prosecutors-want-death-penalty-restored-for-australian-peter-scully

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely enough, far-right fascism seems to be a modern expression of our ancestors' fussy eating habits...moral disgust and obsessive orderliness seems to be the psychological mechanism behind guys like this and Hitler

Also, there is an insanely high correlation between the prevalence of infectious disease in a society and how fascist it is...apparently Hitler showered four times a day, was highly squeamish, and talked about the world in terms of cleanliness/dirtiness

quite ironic, Hitler did a shit ton of drugs, and also ensured the army were all on speed and all kinds of other shit too.

Htiler didn't even drink alcohol or smoke, was a vegetarian and advocated clean living. He did speed later in his life because his doctor prescribed it to him for some condition that he had. And there is speculation that he became habituated to it.

Perhaps we can now draw the corolation between vegetarianism and being a wanker, it's not beyond the bounds of reason you know.

Its  worrying how quickly this guy turned a whole nation into assassins 

If Obama knocked on my door and told me i could kill homeless people and get away with it i would never do it in a million years wtf why are the filipinos murderin' ???

humans are one weird fucked up animal but i guess chimps love killing and what makes you think we are so different from chimps? how about dogs, you can train them to do whatever you want, is it impossible to train humans? i don't think so, hell civilization is one big domestication program by the annunaki 

Its worrying how quickly this guy turned a whole nation into assassins

If Obama knocked on my door and told me i could kill homeless people and get away with it i would never do it in a million years wtf why are the filipinos murderin' ???

humans are one weird fucked up animal but i guess chimps love killing and what makes you think we are so different from chimps? how about dogs, you can train them to do whatever you want, is it impossible to train humans? i don't think so, hell civilization is one big domestication program by the annunaki

How do you get normal people to start killing homeless people? Point out how shitty the world around you is, how poor you are, how difficult your life is...then convince them that homeless people are the reason for all your problems, and furthermore that they're filthy sub-human vermin whose filth and degeneration are contagious, and that as distasteful as exterminating them may seem, it is the only way to fix things and protect yourself from illness and poverty...

We have trouble imagining how normal people can turn into this because we live in first world countries and we're (relatively) healthy, wealthy and comfortable...but imagine that there was an outbreak of (e.g.) tuberculosis in your city and every time you went outside you might just catch it...imagine how motivated everyone would be to find the cause of the outbreak and "fix" it...now, just convince those people that homeless people are the reason all their friends and family are suffering and dying, and you're well on your way to normal people being capable of murder

This is (more or less) how it always happens

doesn't scare the hell our of you that if shit hits the fan we turn into maniacs? you guys are so nonchalant about it lol

Considering what human life was like historically (especially pre-agricultural revolution), most of us are living in a virtual utopia

Most of ancestors spent their time worrying about a) not starving to death, and b) not getting kidnapped by a giant fucking bird of prey and then slowly devoured while they're still alive.

Or getting murdered by the member a rival (human) tribe.

As evidenced by the Filipines, we still have this very strong in-group/out-group instincts, the brutality of which was the result of an evolutionary arms race with rival tribes...your ancestors by definition were the ones who survived such encounters by being more adept at violent than the other guy.

But within 'in-groups' things are mostly peaceful...but one thing the modern human is good at is sorting the world into abstract categories, and so now we can get pretty creative with assigning people to 'out-groups' (in case anyone hadn't noticed...e.g. "is there anyone here who's not a Christian? Should we keep them?" )

The Alt-Right and the Tumblr Left are obsessed with 'in-group'/'out-group' parsing, and they are both eager to punish those on the outside.

Pretty ballsy (probably a better word to use there...) to just whip out the 'yeah, meh, guess I'm Hitler. Whatever'

If they had oil, the USA would've freedom'd the fuck out of him. 

Archived