IGNORED

Filipino Drug Addicts Being Killed in State Drug Crackdown

Joyrex

Pretty ballsy (probably a better word to use there...) to just whip out the 'yeah, meh, guess I'm Hitler. Whatever'

If they had oil, the USA would've freedom'd the fuck out of him.

Funnily enough, they do have oil. It just happens to be in the South China Sea and subject of some er... tension between the Philippines and the Chinese government. We aren't quite that stupid (yet).

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1020HK

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty ballsy (probably a better word to use there...) to just whip out the 'yeah, meh, guess I'm Hitler. Whatever'

If they had oil, the USA would've freedom'd the fuck out of him.

Funnily enough, they do have oil. It just happens to be in the South China Sea and subject of some er... tension between the Philippines and the Chinese government. We aren't quite that stupid (yet).

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1020HK

Lol best thing about that is Duterte basically told the international courts he doesn't give a fuck about that and waved away the ruling, which was in the Philippines favour.

Aren't Hitler and Nazism less taboo to invoke and reference in Asia, in general? Between the popularity of the name Hitler in India, the Nazi fad in Mongolia briefly, and shit like nazi themed cafes in Indonesia I would assume that his off hand comment is not a big deal there.

I mean shit Trump says horrible shit all the time and it hasn't caused the political suicide that could of easily befallen any other elected official just a few years ago.

Aren't Hitler and Nazism less taboo to invoke and reference in Asia, in general? Between the popularity of the name Hitler in India, the Nazi fad in Mongolia briefly, and shit like nazi themed cafes in Indonesia I would assume that his off hand comment is not a big deal there.

I mean shit Trump says horrible shit all the time and it hasn't caused the political suicide that could of easily befallen any other elected official just a few years ago.

Yes generally less offensive. There was a Nazi themed bar in Seoul called The Fifth Reich. As Gocab so eloquently states, the serious ire is reserved for the Japanese, except in Taiwan.

I don't really know what it's like over there. It just made me lol. It almost makes it sound like he doesn't know who he was and after being asked he just goes 'okay sure, yeah I guess I'm like that guy, I'm totally Hitler' - You're totally right though Josh - We're taught in the western side o' things to equate Hitler to the Devil.

Lol at the thought of Donald Trump getting on TV tomorrow and just nodding along 'Oh yes, I am Hitler. Truly the best Adolf there is. I have been third Reich-ing the best for so long' Or however he would phrase it.

Pretty sure he'd gain votes

Archived