IGNORED

Ulrich Schnauss - No Further Ahead Than Today

BOCfan

German electronic wizard Ulrich Schnauss will be releasing his fifth solo album, No Further Ahead Than Today, on November 4th 2016.

There are currently no samples available at the time of this posting but I'm given to understand that these will probably start going live soon. I was, however, at a gig during the UK tour he performed this year and though I am a dyed in the wool Schnauss megafan, this is hand on heart some of the best material he has produced yet, with one particular track being one of the most euphoric pieces of music I've yet heard.

My most anticipated album of 2016 for sure.

or6zrn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The album is now available for preorder on a few websites now, and you can listen to a 1:30 sample of the title track of the album on iTunes.

Edited by Higgins VanHiggins

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great. I hope it captures the spirit of Far Away Trains and Strangely Isolated Place, as the marketing appears to indicate. I thought his last release fell a little flat, and Goodbye was a bit to "Enya" for me at times but overall pretty solid. 

Looking forward to seeing what's in store, his first albums are legendary status.

• 3 weeks later...

Listening this morning. It's good. Standard Ulrich stuff. If you liked his other albums you'll be happy with this. I find it to be a bit too familiar. It's like Tycho in many ways. I dunno.

Just got done listening to this and I'm currently on my second play through. I adore all of Ulrich's output but this is his finest album to date; it's the album of 2016 for me.

Fucking glorious!

You guys doing leaks or streaming services? Is it out everywhere but the States? I'm getting a "not available in your country" on Bleep digital vinyls

Try somewhere other than bleep maybe? I think it is available in America right now (at least I have American friends on Facebook who are listening to it and I don't think they've pirated it).

I'm in the UK and it's available freely over here.

Edited by Higgins VanHiggins

You guys doing leaks or streaming services? Is it out everywhere but the States? I'm getting a "not available in your country" on Bleep digital vinyls

Try somewhere other than bleep maybe? I think it is available in America right now (at least I have American friends on Facebook who are listening to it and I don't think they've pirated it).

I'm in the UK and it's available freely over here.

Listened to it on Spotify this morning.

Sounded lush. Nice post-election day palette cleanser.

with one particular track being one of the most euphoric pieces of music I've yet heard.

You surely mean 'Magic In You'. 

I mean come on. That track is lush as fuck. Utterly gorgeous and uplifting. 

I really love Ulrich Schnauss... Was introduce to his music through some house DJ, Sasha or James Zabiela maybe. Been a fan since then!

Haven't heard this yet though, I'd better get on it. 

Probably his best since ASIP, but not as good as that.  In my humble opinion.

The little acid line in part of Thoughtless Motion is kind of odd to my ears though, just so out of place

Edited by Bernard Cribbins

'The Magic In You' is the best one on here, IMO. It's really, really like his first album.

The one-two punch of this into "Thoughtless Motion" is one of the best 10-minute stretches of an album this year.

100% agreed, absolutely killer pairing of tracks.

A little bit of info: for some reason Domino records are not going to be releasing the new album stateside like they were going to. This may have something to do with the apparent disappearance of a lot of Ulrich's material on Spotify for US listeners, but maybe there is some other rights issue at play.

• 3 years later...