IGNORED

The DEA is trying to classify another plant as Schedule 1

Adieu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A doctor recently warned me off this stuff for some reason. I don't even fuck with drugs, but she was acting like it was crucial that I know.

99% because she doesn't know what it is/it isn't a pharma approved drug. What did she suggest replace it?

Looks like someone already beat me to the question... but it's the obvious next one.

I never feel I'm getting the full effect with the toss and wash method. Sometimes even no effect at all, feels like a waste of kratom.

Best results have been mixing it into a milkshake or mixing it into a bowl of apple sauce and slowly munching on each mouthful.

I don't know whether it's something in these specific food stuffs that works especially well in bringing about the effects of kratom, or the fact that the kratom is more in contact with the inside of the mouth, but the difference between ingesting it like this and the toss n wash method is huge. 

That's weird and really doesn't make sense. MAybe you didn't take enough, or took it right after a nice meal.

Apple sauce was my favorite way to go if I have to mix with something. But it's usually no stronger than toss and wash.

That's the weird thing, it was a total non sequitur. I had read about kratom before, but never tried it or mentioned it to the doctor. It's like she's telling every patient she she's or something.

When was this mentioned? Recently? BTW, something tells me that your doctor probably believes it's bad. I doubt she's tried it or heard about it before the pharma companies decided to ban it.

I would have told her I take it all the time, and that it basically cured my depression. Which is true.

probably got a notice from her pharma buddies to go ahead and start scaring everybody about it

This sounds like it's the case.

It's insane how gullible americans are. Sometimes I feel like we're part-time cattle or something. They have us by the balls. We're told to believe a bunch of bullshit that isn't true. And it works because the majority of people fall for it. Then the people who know better are affected by it.

A doctor recently warned me off this stuff for some reason. I don't even fuck with drugs, but she was acting like it was crucial that I know.

i thought this was the dank memes thread and I was like "damn, this guy had a doctor warn him against memes? That's fucking dank ??"

i never tried it but there was this crazy little kava/kratom bar in asheville that was constantly packed when we were there.

I've always wanted to go to one of these. Maybe open one some day. I like kava, a kinda clean drunkeness.

When was this mentioned? Recently? BTW, something tells me that your doctor probably believes it's bad. I doubt she's tried it or heard about it before the pharma companies decided to ban it.

I would have told her I take it all the time, and that it basically cured my depression. Which is true.

probably got a notice from her pharma buddies to go ahead and start scaring everybody about it

This sounds like it's the case.

It's insane how gullible americans are. Sometimes I feel like we're part-time cattle or something. They have us by the balls. We're told to believe a bunch of bullshit that isn't true. And it works because the majority of people fall for it. Then the people who know better are affected by it.

This was within the last 8 weeks or so.

+ lol alco

There’s not much evidence that kratom represents a grave danger to the country. In the notice, the DEA says that calls to poison centers relating to kratom have increased recently, with a total of 660 calls received from 2010 to 2015. To put that in perspective, as writer David Kroll notes in Forbes, there were 6,843 reports of young children eating single-load laundry pods in the first seven months of 2016.

http://www.newsweek.com/dea-list-kratom-schedule-i-effectively-outlawing-herbal-supplement-495144

99% because she doesn't know what it is/it isn't a pharma approved drug. What did she suggest replace it?

Looks like someone already beat me to the question... but it's the obvious next one.

I never feel I'm getting the full effect with the toss and wash method. Sometimes even no effect at all, feels like a waste of kratom.

Best results have been mixing it into a milkshake or mixing it into a bowl of apple sauce and slowly munching on each mouthful.

I don't know whether it's something in these specific food stuffs that works especially well in bringing about the effects of kratom, or the fact that the kratom is more in contact with the inside of the mouth, but the difference between ingesting it like this and the toss n wash method is huge. 

That's weird and really doesn't make sense. MAybe you didn't take enough, or took it right after a nice meal.

Apple sauce was my favorite way to go if I have to mix with something. But it's usually no stronger than toss and wash.

Man, weird you don't feel any difference. I've read about people using, amongst other things, grapefruit juice and tumeric to enhance and prolong its effects. And with my own sometimes hit n miss experiences with (the same batch of) kratom, it does seem to matter how you consume it and especially what you consume it with, maybe also the length of time you spend consuming a given amount.

It's a sublte drug, so the variations within the experience are subtle too, but still very noticable. 

Archived