IGNORED

autechre /// trap

OneSixSeven

i guess

i guarantee 100% that that shitty rapper has nothing to do with that beat and knows nothing about where it came from. not that it matters im not upset that the chre is being sullied or w/e just the general recycling of shit that rich educated white pitchfork readers learn about and then sell to c level rappers for their beats... brutal and dumb cycle

i guarantee 100% that that shitty rapper has nothing to do with that beat and knows nothing about where it came from. not that it matters im not upset that the chre is being sullied or w/e just the general recycling of shit that rich educated white pitchfork readers learn about and then sell to c level rappers for their beats... brutal and dumb cycle

Yeah I seriously doubt he knows anything about Autechre. I don't know of other examples of this and it's pretty cheesy - I mean they barely did anything to the sample except line it up with a bog standard trap beat. But it's cool that more people are hearing Autechre. I mean I'd think at least one person hears this and thinks, where'd those crazy sounds come from?

would love to hear someone rap over laughing quarter. i mean that track is perfect as it is but it'd make such a great trap beat as well. 

Yes. I've played this for quite a few people who don't give a shit about Autechre or IDM or whatever and they all really liked it.

Sound aight. def heard worse, what's orig track?

Overand.

Laughing Quarter would be a hard one to touch. It already feels complete to me.

A much more recent piece that I'd like to hear some lyrics over tho: AE_LIVE_DOUR_180715, from about 41 to 45 minutes in.

some of the tropes are incredibly overused. for example i find it really boring that many producers would never even consider straying from using 808s. i do like the pace of rap with trap beats, it can be both laid back and menacing. curious to know when the final nail in the coffin for it is, at least in it's current form. 

there are a lot of cats going for a chilled out RNB style...

yeah only happens to rappers

Q: "Sean [of Autechre], were you guys ever aware that you got sampled in a ZZ Top track?"

Sean Ae: "yeah we wondered if we could get money for that but were told 'no because its just rhythm and anyway no who are you again'

it was their guy the producer, i think they just showed up and he was like 'hey check out this cool beat i made' so they didnt know, i dont hold it against the beards"

it's pretty good use of the sample.  not feeling the song in any way though.  pretty sick of those kick/snr/hat type patterns immediately but whatevers.. it's a style enough people like for it to be around in many places. 

so, out of curiosity is the 'sensational' title a coincidence or is that someone's name?

so, out of curiosity is the 'sensational' title a coincidence or is that someone's name?

Sensational's an experimental hip hop artist out of Brooklyn, AE have remixed him and cited him as an influence.

that track with Sensational's vocals:

track off his 1st album, really underrated artist

Archived