IGNORED

RX101 - EP1 + EP2 (Suction Records)

user303

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Mr. Suction.

It appears that both Norman Records and Juno here in the UK are sold out.  Do you know if they'll be getting more in?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not sure if they got restocked since you posted this, but I just checked now (Dec.3) and they're in stock at both Juno and Norman.

If they happen to run out again, best bet would be to ask the store to re-order from Rubadub.

thanks

Jason

• 1 month later...

Desperate to hear more from RX. Any news forthcoming?

Yep just finished compiling EP3 and EP4 recently, now getting mastered. ETA for release April or May....

Yeehawwow! Great. Will there be a comp album too? Happened to find some square method tracks some moons ago and I'm really curious what are your picks. Didn't you say this set will be more UI / Classics kinda stuff? Currently have 127 or so different tracks and could really see any of the unreleased ones included in these.

Yep just finished compiling EP3 and EP4 recently, now getting mastered. ETA for release April or May....

ohmanohman overwhelming SAW vibes. psyched! ya'll should be listening to lowfish too!!!

That's great news. Will this track be on one of the EPs? It's been one of my favorites from the dump

https://soundcloud.com/rx-101/dopamine

I could be wrong, but I believe all of the tracks that have been appearing on the RX-101 soundcloud page recently are newly-produced tracks. Maybe Erik can clarify?

Anyway, there are so many tracks from the orig uploads to get through, that I haven't considered this or any of the other new tracks he's uploaded. I agree that this one is really nice though...

Yeehawwow! Great. Will there be a comp album too? Happened to find some square method tracks some moons ago and I'm really curious what are your picks. Didn't you say this set will be more UI / Classics kinda stuff? Currently have 127 or so different tracks and could really see any of the unreleased ones included in these.

Yes there will an album. Following the same format again as we did with EP1/EP2/Like Yesterday: There will be EP3/EP4 and then a CD/digital album that compiles most of the tracks from both EPs, and adding a few exclusives (as we did with Like Yesterday).

EP3 is PURE Universal Indicator style. I may have posted before that it would have some Classics/Caustic Window industrial-style techno mixed in too, but I decided to save that style for a whole EP's worth (EP5!)... so re-compiled EP3 and now it's 6 tracks of pure UI style acid. I believe some of these were never uploaded to Soundcloud before, but some definitely were...

EP4 will be again roughly in the SAW1 style like EP2.

So hey, if you guys have tracks from the dump that you feel especially should be included in the releases, please post them here. I won't promise that I'll take all suggestions, but it would be interesting, and also helpful, to know if there are any in particular that people are wanting to see released. And because it's so tricky to ID these tracks by their name, maybe you could list it also with the track length so I can better ID which track you're referring to, like this for example:

010 - a #001 [5:13]
004 - b #002 [5:11]

thanks,

Jason @ Suction Records

http://suctionrecords.bandcamp.com

2-01 008 - b #001   (5.49)

Simply one of the best tunes Eric uploaded imo.   Perfect cylobian/afx beats and the most melancholic dreamy melody ever.

That's great news. Will this track be on one of the EPs? It's been one of my favorites from the dump

I could be wrong, but I believe all of the tracks that have been appearing on the RX-101 soundcloud page recently are newly-produced tracks. Maybe Erik can clarify?

Anyway, there are so many tracks from the orig uploads to get through, that I haven't considered this or any of the other new tracks he's uploaded. I agree that this one is really nice though...

This track (Dopamine) is "2-04 012 - b #004" from the original Erik Soundcloud account

Only "3c4x" and "Sys.rx.15 - 01" are 'new' ones from 2015. The rest is very old stuff from the 90's.

Simply one of the best tunes Eric uploaded imo.   Perfect cylobian/afx beats and the most melancholic dreamy melody ever.

I think this is my favorite track if I may say so. Hail the 101!!!!

Yeah love this one. Will be on EP-5, which will be 6 tracks all in this style

Yeah love this one. Will be on EP-5, which will be 6 tracks all in this style

Glad to hear that Jason, definitely deserves to be heard.

OoOoOoh the buzz... I especially love how you say there WILL be volumes 5 and 6 instead of your earlier "there might be volumes 5 & 6". I for one can't pick any favorites atm. Tape 008 is dope though. I guess I'll be happy with anything since I've already got my precious Tunnel and Gemini Launcher.

Archived