IGNORED

Elektron AnalogHeat

Guest Chesney

I've had a BAM for about a year and a half and it sounds amazing.  Not cheap, in fact it's one of the most expensive pieces of gear I've ever owned, but it was worth it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BAM sounds great. It's got a pretty special organic character that blends well with the source signal. And it's a tweaker's verb probably more than any other I've used, it's goldilocks for performance with the controls and ranges. It doesn't get too weird (aside from that brilliant size knob), but so much of its parametric surface area just sounds good. 

The H9 seems to offer a LOT, although I can't speak to it as I haven't used one. 

Guest Chesney

I was so close to buying one but a space and pitchfactor pedal came up and figured they are way more tweakable and can be independent from one another, not regretted it one bit.

Gave you tried them both DM?

I admit, I have not seen anything amazing from either machine online but in reality with your own music though it, the Heat (for me) is indespensible.

Got a boum from the first batch mainly for compression and distortion of vst drums. never tried the AH but watched a lot of demo. to be clear those are two different machines. AH  got 8 different distortion, 7 filter types, 2 band eq, 1 assignable envelope follower, 1 assignable LFO. BOUM got a basic compressor, 4 distortion types, lo cut filter, hi cut filter, noise gate. 

Archived