IGNORED

Vinyl Represses!!

BUNKUM

i'm actually gobsmacked by people liking two but not all three of these albums. these three albums are my life blood, my bodily organs - all performing and meaning something different but completely vital to my understanding of music tbh. just stone-cold classics that are often imitated, never duplicated

Tri Rep is lush but I've rinsed it too much. Hopefully the vinyl will help me hear new detail. C/Pach is lush, so are all the obvious ones everyone always talks about. 

Same with Amber, except I actually don't even think it's that good anymore. Although I will say that Yulquen on edibles is FANTASTIC.

Incunabula? Really? OK Bike is great. I'll give you that. And Lowride just for the bass.

I'll be a lot more excited for represses of... shit, anything else, really.

Tri Rep is lush but I've rinsed it too much. Hopefully the vinyl will help me hear new detail. C/Pach is lush, so are all the obvious ones everyone always talks about. 

Same with Amber, except I actually don't even think it's that good anymore. Although I will say that Yulquen on edibles is FANTASTIC.

Incunabula? Really? OK Bike is great. I'll give you that. And Lowride just for the bass.

I'll be a lot more excited for represses of... shit, anything else, really.

get out.

Amber on freshly pressed vinyl, not bought second hand and unsullied by other peoples grubby paws or profit. Just direct from the pressing plant courtesy of Warp Records and the creative minds of Autechre.

That's a reason for celebration in my book.

Edited by beerwolf

Well, if you scratch Silverside until it gets sweeped off the vinyl's surface it's all good :cisfor:

Well, at the very least, I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy Tri Repetae on vinyl.

Well, if you scratch Silverside until it gets sweeped off the vinyl's surface it's all good :cisfor:

Might just do that... the bit in the middle where the flanger feedback gets out of control should be fun for scratching.

I don't really listen to Incunabula anymore. A lot of it is too repetitive and tbh, a little 'easy', compared to the amazing Lego Feet stuff. It's good, but just sounds like they were pandering to the Artificial Intelligence series a little.. It does have some great tracks like Basscadet, Eggshell, Doctrine, Maetl.. but most of them could be shorter imo.

Love Amber & Tri Repetae though!

I don't really listen to Incunabula anymore. A lot of it is too repetitive and tbh, a little 'easy', compared to the amazing Lego Feet stuff. It's good, but just sounds like they were pandering to the Artificial Intelligence series a little.. It does have some great tracks like Basscadet, Eggshell, Doctrine, Maetl.. but most of them could be shorter imo.

Love Amber & Tri Repetae though!

Funny, re:the pandering, they even admitted as much in that interview this year.

I'm kind of surprised the repetition gets to you, though? I mean, I agree, I thought repetition was kind of your thing. Agree on Lego Feet, though, somehow it was just as cheesy as Incunabula but it really worked. I guess it just felt more like they were pushing everything to the max.

I thought repetition was kind of your thing.

yeah, it is, but I'm more into stark/minimalist repetition, not so much the same chord progression for 8 minutes :P

Hard to explain, I guess, but once there are more complex progressions than just drone or minimalist melodic elements, their repetition can get a bit tedious.. again IMO

and re: Lego Feet, yeah some of it is cheesy but there are moments of sound/rhythm design that foreshadow albums as late as Chiastic Slide..

Edited by modey

Guest bitroast

I thought repetition was kind of your thing.

yeah, it is, but I'm more into stark/minimalist repetition, not so much the same chord progression for 8 minutes :P

Hard to explain, I guess, but once there are more complex progressions than just drone or minimalist melodic elements, their repetition can get a bit tedious.. again IMO

and re: Lego Feet, yeah some of it is cheesy but there are moments of sound/rhythm design that foreshadow albums as late as Chiastic Slide..

know there are incun fans here (and .. people who are cold on amber??). BUT .. for me personally, i tend to agree.

i can really dig what's on incun but i find listening to the whole album, the mood and vibe of the songs, from song to song, is pretty similar? after a couple of songs it starts to really grind me up a bit and does my head in. maybe breaking that listen up across 4 sides of freshly produced quality vinyl will ease that a bit ?? :^)

amber .. while having some " cheesy " moments here and there has a great deal more variety and the flow is a ton smoother for it. 

lego feet isn't cheesy at all, lego feet is just straight up bad ass 8-) 

(ok maybe its a little cheesy). 

Amber is one of my favourite psychedelic electronic albums, up there with Cluster - Sowiesoso and Harmonia - Deluxe.. 

To contradict my previous statement, Amber is probably as repetitive as Incunabula but the sound design is way ahead. Lots of subtle variation and interesting sounds going on.

Yeah I think all Autechre is a bit repetitive, really. I think Incunabula is particularly shallow, though. Especially the pacing, all these big winking gestures at the 4 bar marks. It's chunky and over the plate in a way the other albums aren't. I almost feel like it's not a real Autechre album. It's cool for what it is, though.

Don't hate on my favorite autechre album.

Incunabula rocks!

a classic for me. i haven't listened to it in quite a while. listened to it endlessly in the 90s though. it's important to me for some shared experiences. part of why i haven't listened to it in a long time. but no doubt about it.. it was the thing that got me into autechre and a whole swath of other music and opened my eyes to a lot.

it's pretty big banger home run for a 1st album imo.