IGNORED

Vinyl Represses!!

BUNKUM

surface noise... kinda noisy 

I've definitely heard much worse pressings, but yeah...it's no-where near on par with Oversteps and Exai (those are amongst the best I have in my entire collection).

• 3 weeks later...

when is the next batch coming? it's been like 5 months...

Dunno, but I would imagine that the weak pound has had some impact - the cost of pressing vinyl has gone up for the UK :(

Was there even going to be another batch? (officially)

There's been no official or unofficial word as far as I know, but it would make sense for them to reissue the rest. It does seem like the recent reissues sold well.

Doing it in batches would be the smart thing to do, as pretty much everyone wants to get hold of them, but very few would be able to blow so much money all in one go.

when is the next batch coming? it's been like 5 months...

Dunno, but I would imagine that the weak pound has had some impact - the cost of pressing vinyl has gone up for the UK :(

Was there even going to be another batch? (officially)

There's been no official or unofficial word as far as I know, but it would make sense for them to reissue the rest. It does seem like the recent reissues sold well.

Doing it in batches would be the smart thing to do, as pretty much everyone wants to get hold of them, but very few would be able to blow so much money all in one go.

EP Boxset :cisfor: 

i could've sworn they said part of their deal with warp was that their stuff would never be out of print

sucks about vinyl costs, i justs assumed they were going to do all of them. one can hope. i'm sure eventually they will.

i could've sworn they said part of their deal with warp was that their stuff would never be out of print

Part of me feels like that part of their contact kind of fell apart with the advent of digital distribution. Like it's technically all available still, you know? But I have no idea

Part of me feels like that part of their contact kind of fell apart with the advent of digital distribution. Like it's technically all available still, you know? But I have no idea

Yea I think the same thing often

"Never out of print" is a matter of interpretation

Perhaps when they first said that they were only talking CDs, not viny

Who knows

• 2 months later...

So since my audio interface is working again after the Windows update, I thought I'd record a couple of snippets so you can hear the night and day difference between the limited edition silver pressing of Incunabula from 1993, and the 2016 reissue.

Kalpol Introl excerpt - silver pressing 1993

Kalpol Introl excerpt - reissue 2016

I think this mostly highlights just how fucking horrendous the early Warp coloured pressings were. I don't have the original black vinyl pressing, but I've heard that it's no-where near as bad.

Edited by oscillik

I'll just take LP5 and Confield from next batch thx, Chiastic Slide can come round on discount in a few years somewhere maybe

you'd be willing to wait for the discount for years? is a difference of $5 that much of a problem to you? 

So since my audio interface is working again after the Windows update, I thought I'd record a couple of snippets so you can hear the night and day difference between the limited edition silver pressing of Incunabula from 1993, and the 2016 reissue.

I think this mostly highlights just how fucking horrendous the early Warp coloured pressings were. I don't have the original black vinyl pressing, but I've heard that it's no-where near as bad.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to shit on vinyl collectors but why would you prefer the vinyl if you could get the CD with perfectly clean sound if that's what you're after? I really can't wrap my head around it.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. Someone just please explain this to me once and for all. Maybe I'm just dumb or something, I don't know what I'm missing.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to shit on vinyl collectors but why would you prefer the vinyl if you could get the CD with perfectly clean sound if that's what you're after? I really can't wrap my head around it.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean. Someone just please explain this to me once and for all. Maybe I'm just dumb or something, I don't know what I'm missing.

I never said I wanted 'perfectly clean sound', and the second file shows that the sound isn't 'perfectly clean'

I was pointing out that the original limited silver pressing, as with most of Warp's early coloured vinyl, sounds disproportionately terrible compared to pretty much any other vinyl pressings out there.

edit: it's almost as if you've heard the first file, and assumed that's how vinyl sounds under usual and normal circumstances, which is not the case.

Edited by oscillik

I never said I wanted 'perfectly clean sound', and the second file shows that the sound isn't 'perfectly clean'

I was pointing out that the original limited silver pressing, as with most of Warp's early coloured vinyl, sounds disproportionately terrible compared to pretty much any other vinyl pressings out there.

edit: it's almost as if you've heard the first file, and assumed that's how vinyl sounds under usual and normal circumstances, which is not the case.

No, I get what you were saying. I'm just wondering why go for vinyl at all when there's better sounding alternatives. Surely you'd want the option with the least amount of noise on it right? At least that seems to be why you're comparing both pressings.

No, I get what you were saying. I'm just wondering why go for vinyl at all when there's better sounding alternatives. Surely you'd want the option with the least amount of noise on it right? At least that seems to be why you're comparing both pressings.

No, I'm comparing the pressings to highlight how terrible the early Warp coloured pressings are. This is the third time I've said this now.

As for the separate discussion on why listen to vinyl in the first place, there are many discussions about this topic on the internet. This thread isn't really the place for this discussion because it very quickly devolves into fallacies and pretentiousness that detracts from this thread. Not sure why you're bringing up the topic unless you want to troll.

No, I'm comparing the pressings to highlight how terrible the early Warp coloured pressings are. This is the third time I've said this now.

As for the separate discussion on why listen to vinyl in the first place, there are many discussions about this topic on the internet. This thread isn't really the place for this discussion because it very quickly devolves into fallacies and pretentiousness that detracts from this thread. Not sure why you're bringing up the topic unless you want to troll.

Fair enough man, I didn't know discussing vinyl in a thread about vinyl responding to a post about vinyl wasn't allowed.

What am I gonna make a new thread just to respond to your post in specific? ffs you can pm me your opinion then if polluting this precious thread with slightly off topic discussion bothers you that much.