IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

the tinymixtapes 'review' of stage 5 starts with a good summary of how alzheimers/dementia etc develops and affects you; dunno how this aligns with vvm's view or understanding of the subject, but it's a good read still https://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/caretaker-everywhere-end-time-stage-5

Bittersweet release. Super excited for it and esp. to hear the series in it's complete state but then no more Caretaker releases  :sad: 

I hope Kirby does something akin to Sadly The Future... next but no doubt he'll surprise us, as he often does.  Heard his track on the Scale compilation, wonder how old it is?  That's certainly a different direction. Another Stranger LP would be most welcome too.

Anyway, I'm hoping stage 6 is a complete collapse into Theoretically Pure Anterograde Amnesia territory. Hinted at in the Mark Fisher tribute.  Darkness falling. Maybe glimpses of the more melodic Deleted Scenes, Forgotten Dreams type stuff.  With burst of noise.  But whatever it is I know it's going to be rough, challenging, ultimately rewarding and utterly brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

last stage is coming out a week from now people! def the most exciting release this year

imo anyways

gonna be listening to the earlier stages this weekend :)

I excited and terrified in equal measure. Aurally, how exactly will it end?

After this there's plenty of stuff he can do. More Leyland Kirby, re-release the V/VM stuff, The Stranger. I'm sure he's got things waiting in the wings.

Interested to see how many CDs the second half is going to be - if my maths is right, parts IV & V won't fit onto 2 CDs.  So maybe 5 CD box set for parts IV-VI? Hopefully not be new edits for the CDs.

Either way, proper excited for tomorrow's release though - he might even surprise us with another free one :)

I can confirm there is no box for the vinyl's. It's better this way, as boxed items I always used to find get less play.
CD wise the tracks are exactly the same as on the vinyl and stretched over 4CD's this time.
Similar packaging is used for this set as was used with the first 3CD set.

All Stage 6 news will filter out around 5pm GMT unless there is a glitch somewhere.
Final preparations are ongoing my side now for its smooth roll out.
Thanks always for the support.

ooo incoming - I can see the new artwork on my bc collection page but the release is set to private.  Anytime now people...

EVERYWHERE, AN EMPTY BLISS 

------------------------------------------------ 

*AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ONLY UNTIL JUNE 16th, 2019. 

Work on 'Everywhere, at the end of time' was all consuming 

as you can imagine. All work and no play, all work and no play. 

In celebration of its completion and only for a limited time* 

here is a surprise golden farewell. 

Compliments of the house. 

Offering you one last chance to raise a charged glass for 

those we lost along the way, for all the works, for those ghosts 

from our past, for our uncertain future and for The Caretaker. 

You are of course welcome to purchase me a drink if you find 

this work to be of personal value. 

As the old saying goes "I'm the type of guy who likes to know 

who's buying their drinks, Lloyd." 

Thanks eternally for your support. 

C'est fini. 

HERE WE GO!!