IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

Wonderful - been hoping for new stuff from James for a while. Perfect start to autumn!

Indeed, I first heard his music on a particularly cold autumn, his music always takes me back to a chill old oddly comforting place

Forgot to say I like this! Also that the music here seems to be relatively untouched, so perhaps with each edition the music will degrade further and further until all recognisable tunes have vanished? [/prediction]

Apparently some journos took the promo material for this literally and reported that Mr. Kirby is actually suffering from dementia.

edit - wonderful album imh

Edited by doublename

^that's what I'm hoping for

Well that's good because he's said in an interview that this is precisely the intention. He's even asked people not to worry about reviewing the release until at least the first three phases are released, because it's out of context in it's own. Really looking forward to seeing how this all pans out.

Im waiting for the record to get here before giving it a full listen. Nobody else has received theirs yet, right?

Also, it was ambiguous if all of the first pressing is blue vinyl or just orders from boomkat. I ordered through forcedexposure/us which didn't specify

Edited by Marked x 0ne

I really do need to check out more Leyland Kirby, I've got The Stranger album on Modern Love and that Death of Rave LP but not heard anything else

flawless album.

all the people i've played it to as background music loved it, and they don't know the caretaker nor listen to that kind of music, and have shitty taste in music.

looking forward to the next episode.

definitely, this series will keep me good company during the coming years for sure

I like that these are basically the throwaway records, as are the next two and he wants us to buy them anyway, even though only four onwards will be interesting!

Still gonna buy em though. :P

I like that these are basically the throwaway records, as are the next two and he wants us to buy them anyway, even though only four onwards will be interesting!

what do you mean? I will never get enough of this sound... you should read his interview on the project as well.. from it it seems that the next record will already show some interesting ideas..

what do you mean? I will never get enough of this sound... you should read his interview on the project as well.. from it it seems that the next record will already show some interesting ideas..

I got the information of him considering the first three throwaway from said interview, plus I own the bloody record so I like it! :cat:

• 4 months later...

I really do need to check out more Leyland Kirby, I've got The Stranger album on Modern Love and that Death of Rave LP but not heard anything else

The Death Of Rave (A Partial Flashback) is one of the finest albums of the past twenty years, IMO.

The original release of some 108 tracks remains my personal holy grail of unattainable stuff. If anyone knows where I can get it. PM me.