IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

Thanks for the words and sentiments.

I'm in touch with Weirdcore often and the videos for the stages should happen in time.
Aphex live work etc. for upcoming and previous shows took a lot of his creative time
through the past couple of years.

There's no deadline or rush for this to appear, but it will.

Sweet!  A mighty task he has ahead of him but I for one can't wait to see them. 

And thanks again, it's really a remarkable series and I look forward to your next project(s).

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Are there plans to release this all as a CD box?

https://boomkat.com/products/stages-1-3

https://boomkat.com/products/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time-stages-4-6

edit: or perhaps you mean all of the stages in a single box?

Edited by MIXL2

the description of the bandcamp page has been updated btw

EVERYWHERE AT THE END OF TIME (COMPLETE EDITION)

When work began on this series it was difficult to predict how the music would unravel itself. Dementia is an emotive subject for many and always a subject I have treated with maximum respect.

Stages have all been artistic reflections of specific symptoms which can be common with the progression and advancement of the

different forms of Alzheimer's.

Thanks always for your support of this series of works

remembered by The Caretaker.

Physical editions of all stages on both vinyl and compact-disc

are available now and are being distributed by Boomkat.

boomkat.com/labels/history-always-favours-the-winners

May the ballroom remain eternal.

C'est fini.

--

Edited by MIXL2

Boomkat have the book available now.

https://boomkat.com/products/everywhere-an-empty-bliss

Limited edition, large format, hard cover, 162 pages, 1.5 kg heavyweight book in French and English. Includes a 17 track CD of previously unreleased material by The Caretaker, 'Everywhere, an empty bliss'.

Ivan Seal’s paintings have accompanied almost all of James Leyland Kirby’s output as The Caretaker over the last two decades. This comprehensive book, made to coincide with a long-in-the-making exhibition in Clermont Ferrand, France, provides a beautiful, in-depth look at their work together through 160 pages of artwork, essays and commentary from both Ivan Seal and The Caretaker, a luxurious and weighty hardcover tome marking the end of an era.

Featuring art made for The Caretaker, as well as many previously unseen paintings, the book provides closure to a project that came to an end last month with the sixth and final part of the 'Everywhere At The End Of Time' series. As most of The Caretaker’s music over the years has been released without text or even track titles included in the artwork, this is the first time there has been any written commentary provided by either artist for their work together. 

Alongside an included 17 track CD of previously unreleased material from The Caretaker, 'Everywhere, An Empty Bliss’ is a beautiful final document from one of the most ambitious and longstanding projects in contemporary music, one that will only grow in stature as time goes by.

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by fumi
  • Like 2

Other than the gallery copies available via @FRAC_Auvergne  these are the only other copies of the book made for the exhibition there which opens to the public on Saturday.

Some of those tracks are different from the digital version of this album.

Oh you're right! I didn't even pay attention to the tracklisting on the Boomkat website. It has quite a few exclusive tracks on it. Nice! :)

Some of those tracks are different from the digital version of this album.

Wow, I didn't notice that. Pretty good news because I did sort of order this with mixed feelings (mistakenly) thinking that I already had all the music and was just paying for the book.

INspo by The Shining? Am I pointing out the obvious?

Do you have to pay royalties on the old jazz tracks?

Edited by marf

Wasn't really in the right head space for Stage 6 when it came out but really got into it this week, a fitting and beautiful ending.

Am homebound recoverying from surgery so took the opportunity to listen to all 6 stages back to back today.. awesome journey! Works really well as one big album descending into chaos and listening to it all in one go made the blissfull ending even more emotional

Edited by kirm

• 3 months later...

For some reason I had never heard of this guy before today. Saw him mentioned in a watmm post and decided to check him out. Holy shit this hits hard man... I am on my summer vacation and now I feel depressed lol

The first part reminds me of my grandparents house in Switzerland, brown, old, creaking, nostalgic.

Going to hold off on this for now, I'll come back when it's autumn.

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Going to hold off on this for now, I'll come back when it's autumn.

definetly an autumn/winter appropriate listen

On 4/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, Ivan Ooze said:

going to listen to every stage tomorrow at work, just got the digital vinyls

about 3 hours of sleep and a 12hour shift with this shit, i'm exited!

how did it go? :smile:

Listened to the first stage and decided to hold off on it yeah, first stage sounds absolutely beautiful but this is definitely not the right time of year for a collection like this

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

Listened to the first stage and decided to hold off on it yeah, first stage sounds absolutely beautiful but this is definitely not the right time of year for a collection like this

if it's your first time listening to the caretaker you should take a listen to his other albums! this one has become rather popular...

4 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

if it's your first time listening to the caretaker you should take a listen to his other albums! this one has become rather popular...

probably worth pointing out that a new cd / color-lp repress of An empty bliss is now up on boomkat as of a couple days ago ?

https://boomkat.com/products/an-empty-bliss-beyond-this-world