IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

48 minutes ago, someguy said:

probably worth pointing out that a new cd / color-lp repress of An empty bliss is now up on boomkat as of a couple days ago ?

https://boomkat.com/products/an-empty-bliss-beyond-this-world

Also worth pointing out that there’s already some scalpers on eBay/Discogs, especially when it’s still in stock on Boomkat.  :cerious:

9 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

if it's your first time listening to the caretaker you should take a listen to his other albums! this one has become rather popular...

Saw that one pass by yeah, he has a lot of albums so I don't know where to begin lol, might start with the first one and this

7 hours ago, someguy said:

probably worth pointing out that a new cd / color-lp repress of An empty bliss is now up on boomkat as of a couple days ago ?

https://boomkat.com/products/an-empty-bliss-beyond-this-world

I saw that but I wanted to wait b4 posting it until I got my paycheck this month! :fear:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Still enjoy, (if that's the right word) this collection. It remains one of the most compelling, emotional and ground-breaking releases of the past decade - soothing and terrifying in equal measure. Breathtaking in scope and execution. An absolute masterpiece.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started listening to this through whilst doing some CAD work last week. It got too much by part 4 -. It's amazing how it escalates / suddenly dips and goes sour. Will try and listen through soon, it's been too long

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

^fascinating vid. i can barely imagine how it would feel to hear this project live.

also thanks for bumping this thread, because i was in here three days ago after listening to stages 1 to 6 in full for the first time. i didn't know it was recorded and released over three years, or that Kirby himself was posting on watmm (!!!!!)

i listened to some of his earlier albums years ago, i enjoyed them but didn't revisit them. you could tell there was more going on than just "slowed down 40s records".

now that i've heard Everywhere At the End of Time, i am speechless. all along, Kirby has been refining these techniques and now he has taken everything to its furthest point. how many living musicians have attempted something as original as this?

i was hesitant to listen to the whole thing at first (how is this guy gonna fill six and a half hours with this material?) i think what amazes me the most is how much he's able to get from the very limited sound palates available to him, in his attempt to completely deny the listener of any recognisable sounds. the later stages do this spot on.

this thread is a great read - seeing Kirby's input from PR/interviews and his own posts, and seeing just how dedicated and careful he was to get the best possible result from this project. it's just so rare and precious.

• Like 1