IGNORED

Good Industrial music that you can recommend

dingformung

Thanks, gnarlybog. Listened to small parts of the first album you mentioned. Sounds like some electronically tweaked Metal to me basically, but I don't know much about Metal or Industrial - like it so far but I'm not a fan of lyrics most of the time so I wonder if there is some good instrumental Industrial but cwmbrancity is probably right and I should find it myself instead of bothering others by asking for their opinion

Recent:

Prostitutes

Low Jack

Godflesh (he's timeless)

Shit and Shine - Jealous of Shit and Shine

Carpenter Brut is kinda industrial

Necro Deathmort

Eyedoublecross

and COIL, it kinda begins and ends with COIL for me, doesn't really matter where you start, it's all bizarre and wonderful, a splinter group from Throbbing Gristle. One of the originators.

I was really into PIG (a former member of KMFDM) and Cubanate back in highschool.

My favorite PIG songs aren't on youtube, but this was one of my favorite albums back in the day. It's a bit dated, but check out Sinsation or Wrecked. They have a lot better production on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpRMaydtunI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5L_zlG5Hg

Cubanate only has four albums, but they're all solid. Generally, they're industrial-techno, but the last one has a big dnb influence and much better production.

Sister Machine Gun's first four albums are really good, too. They get a little "too eclectic" after that...

Anything that you consider really good but I think I prefer newer music since it's probably more developed

That's a shame, because I think a lot of the older stuff is way better.

early Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire. So awesome. I feel that newer stuff tends not to have a lot of grit to it. I am still constantly amazed at the production and grittiness of sound from the early stuff. I wish I could make stuff that sounds so good.

introductions could take in Throbbing Gristle & DEF Cabaret Voltaire, plus Richard H Kirk's early gear is mint, eg: Disposable Half Truths, Ugly Spirit (huge William Burroughs influence on the latter) and the almost un-listenable (in a good way) Black Jesus Voice. Like all good scouts, be prepared!

TG are a world unto their own, but pers favourites are Journey Through a Body and their much later In The Shadow of the Sun soundtrack, get yer ears round these beasts. ITSOTS was a fairly recent audio work for a compilation of ritually symbolic Derek Jarman vids = immense.

Cabaret Voltaire - try Voice of America as an intro, cos its got oodles of funk thru the fug of distortion + i never tire of the way they manipulated their vocal ranges & percussion. With CV i musta been listening to their tunes for over 30yrs and if you indulge them fully their transition to House/ambient House is worth taking a few journeys to. Dripping in paranoia thru to slows grooves. A national British treasure if ever there was one.

didnt mean to be patronizing, but digging thru crates for tune discoveries is a bit of a dying practice with Soulseek etc so close @ hand.

anyway, try some of these cos they might enlighten yourself and any appreciation of the shallowness of more recent pretenders.

Coil are a universe unto themselves & justifiably have their own thread here somewhere, that'd be well worth your time listening to links & cross referencing acts like Thighpaulsandra & Cyclobe who, while not exactly industrial, would warm the cockles of any sonic adventurer.

Good luck.

Edited by cwmbrancity

Frontline Assembly has a bunch of good albums throughout the 80s and 90s. The main guy in FLA was a member of Skinny Puppy early on, but left to form his own thing. They have a bit more of dance influence in their sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CadsdLkiqUs

Foetus (JG Thirlwell) was a pretty active and influential figure in the 80s and early 90s, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PA_49DGLBU

introductions could take in Throbbing Gristle & DEF Cabaret Voltaire, plus Richard H Kirk's early gear is mint, eg: Disposable Half Truths, Ugly Spirit (huge William Burroughs influence on the latter) and the almost un-listenable (in a good way) Black Jesus Voice. Like all good scouts, be prepared!

TG are a world unto their own, but pers favourites are Journey Through a Body and their much later In The Shadow of the Sun soundtrack, get yer ears round these beasts. ITSOTS was a fairly recent audio work for a compilation of ritually symbolic Derek Jarman vids = immense.

Cabaret Voltaire - try Voice of America as an intro, cos its got oodles of funk thru the fug of distortion + i never tire of the way they manipulated their vocal ranges & percussion. With CV i musta been listening to their tunes for over 30yrs and if you indulge them fully their transition to House/ambient House is worth taking a few journeys to. Dripping in paranoia thru to slows grooves. A national British treasure if ever there was one.

didnt mean to be patronizing, but digging thru crates for tune discoveries is a bit of a dying practice with Soulseek etc so close @ hand.

anyway, try some of these cos they might enlighten yourself and any appreciation of the shallowness of more recent pretenders.

Coil are a universe unto themselves & justifiably have their own thread here somewhere, that'd be well worth your time listening to links & cross referencing acts like Thighpaulsandra & Cyclobe who, while not exactly industrial, would warm the cockles of any sonic adventurer.

Good luck.

Thanks for the recommendations - liked Cabaret Voltaire quite a lot while I find Coil a little cheesy (did I just say that? no offends to anyone who likes Coil). I don't think that new music is more shallow than old music, old people might think so but they say it since the beginning of mankind. If that would be true the world would get worse and worse by every generation - but in fact it's getting better and better! less diseases, less cruelty, less fucked up ideologies than 200 years ago, right? I like the new

Old vs. new discussion is weird.

Any genre or style of music generally starts out exciting, then reaches a peak of innovation as people take it to new heights quickly, and then after that for years and years it becomes diminishing returns as it gets more watered down and limited as people impose invisible rules on it.

But if you think newer always = better, and old is for old people... you need to look at the whole history of it to get the best parts.

Edited by Haste

Cool album but I think taht every song sounds very very similiar (bitcrushed drums + melancholic synthstrings), but nonetheless enjoyable

Ya, it's all pretty similar. Flows really well as an album though with kind of a mysterious mood that permeates the whole thing.

If you're looking for industrial stuff, I'd recommend checking out Haujobb as well. They have some pretty banging tunes, but a lot of people don't like the vocals.