IGNORED

Good Industrial music that you can recommend

dingformung

• 2 weeks later...

I like it

Hey, since you liked Plasticity maybe this classic is worth to check out too:

Or listen to the whole Buried Dreams album. "Funny" anecdote; it seems it was Jeffrey Dahmer's favorite album, and the legend goes that he was actually listening to it when the cops came in. So be warned, this shit is dangerous :fear: :

ffs I remember I tried to get a decent copy for a good price years ago and it's now even more rare with even more salty price. And of course no official digidigis :wacko:

As far as Pigface goes, Notes From Thee Underground and A New High In Low were both quite good. I like how eclectic they are. Also, some tracks feature Ogre (Skinny Puppy) and Marc Heal (Cubanate).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfhezfPxSU

I like it

Hey, since you liked Plasticity maybe this classic is worth to check out too:

Or listen to the whole Buried Dreams album. "Funny" anecdote; it seems it was Jeffrey Dahmer's favorite album, and the legend goes that he was actually listening to it when the cops came in. So be warned, this shit is dangerous :fear: :

Oh shit - I just noticed that Jeffrey Dahmer bit you included - crazy! 

But yeah, thanks, this is excellent.  I really love the whole aesthetic.  And if it's good enough for JD, it's good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'm such a nice dude I can hijack the whole thread.

Tape noise + industrial=quite dope (especially from 22:39 ->)

Yes, the Killian Youtube channel keeps on delivering. All the lovers of early Godflesh and Swans (Filth mostly), SEKTOR 304 might be worth to check out pronto, although staying still on the noisier side:

Heard a few times TKK mentioned, but never bothered to check them out. Tried Pigface which sounded too much like what it was - a super group. Little similar to Revolting Cocks.

I definitely you on the “supergroup” thing. However, Gub is about as genuinely experimental as supergroups can be. That album and Fook are my faves (though I can see how Fook might not hold up as well with age. Almost everything after that was pretty lame).

Stumbled on this when I was checking my hands down favorite YT channel for live gigs and thought you would possibly like it too.

Quality Godflesh live shows on that channel too!

And if it's good enough for JD, it's good enough for me.

Well, isn't that a mighty fine guideline for all of us :dadjoke:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Somewhat related, didn't know where else to post these, but if you like Godflesh, maybe oughta check these out:

Really love Drone Machines album but other A & T stuff has left me bit cold. IMO he really kills it on that album

SJ: Heavy and hard but to my ears the lyrics are bit silly. Or then I don't just understand their pristine quality.

Should have gone to metal thread but vocals are so JKB so =>Industrial connection justified

Edited by Uros
typos

• 1 month later...

I need to hear more Leather Strip - it's hard to find.  I did manage to find Underneath the Laughter a while back though and was really into it.  It's what Wumpscut modelled himself after, which is very apparent.  Thought the lyric writing was a lot stronger than what I'm used to hearing in EBM.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

19 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I need to hear more Leather Strip - it's hard to find.  I did manage to find Underneath the Laughter a while back though and was really into it.  It's what Wumpscut modelled himself after, which is very apparent.  Thought the lyric writing was a lot stronger than what I'm used to hearing in EBM.

Yeah, he's a good 'un. If you like his stuff, make sure to check out Klutae as well (used to be spelled "Klute", but he changed it to avoid being mixed up with the Drum 'n' Bass artist of the same name).

Still smashin' after almost 30 years (as well as the whole Explicit EP btw).

Curiously enough, when I just googled the video, I learned that he apparently formed an "industrial supergroup" called Die Klute with Jürgen Engler from Die Krupps and Fear Factory's Dino Cazares in 2018. The debut album also functions as OST to a horror movie starring William Shatner, no less. Go figure.

Haha, I totally thought those were the same person for the longest time. I thought they started off with industrial and then got into dnb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That Spectrum book I linked earlier...wow, super good. Tons of recommendations and interesting releases to check out just from the very first pages alone. Also, super impressed with his Noise Receptor blog, which I've heard mentioned but never looked deeper into it. Worth to check out:

https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/

Some hard cover trad. zines available too for people who like to scroll: https://noisereceptor.bigcartel.com/

A noise industrial gem from early Malignant Records days:

Haha, third post in a row, hopefully someone reads these....:cattears:

Edited by Uros
ooops, not hard cover editions...
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Decree - Wake Of Devastation....blend of old school industrial with 90's fla/Clock DVA elements, but at the same time, has tracks that are more noise or P/E with the big echo barrel drums. Has kinda everything that industrial is. Recommended! Would think @Zephyr_Nova could dig it, if you're not already familiar with this Chris Peterson's pre-fla project.

Best new find, Negru Voda's - Våld De Lux. Goddamn this is huge

On 9/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, Uros said:

That Spectrum book I linked earlier...wow, super good. Tons of recommendations and interesting releases to check out just from the very first pages alone. Also, super impressed with his Noise Receptor blog, which I've heard mentioned but never looked deeper into it. Worth to check out:

https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/

Some hard cover trad. zines available too for people who like to scroll: https://noisereceptor.bigcartel.com/

A noise industrial gem from early Malignant Records days:

Haha, third post in a row, hopefully someone reads these....:cattears:

The Spectrum book is indeed a goldmine, I dip into it every now and then.  Such a beast to pick and up just read though.

I also get the Noise Receptor journals, as well as Special Interests (https://special-interests.net/main/special-interests-11-zine-out-now/)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:24 AM, Uros said:

Decree - Wake Of Devastation....blend of old school industrial with 90's fla/Clock DVA elements, but at the same time, has tracks that are more noise or P/E with the big echo barrel drums. Has kinda everything that industrial is. Recommended! Would think @Zephyr_Nova could dig it, if you're not already familiar with this Chris Peterson's pre-fla project.

Sweet - thanks for the rec!  Yeah this is definitely up my alley (20 minutes in).  Pretty much any industrial music from Vancouver is going to be good, seems to be the rule.  I like that they use the vocals very sparingly - allows me to get better immersed in the mechanized dystopian goodness.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...