IGNORED

Mr. Oizo - All Wet

Squee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not understand all the fuss. For me this sounds like Oizo and friends wanna party. I'm totally fine with that.

WATMMers don't like having fun.

Yup. Half of us just wanna piss and moan and act jaded and make snarky comments. And some of us would rather heed advice from those comments than judge for ourselves, but whatev.

Regardless, I still enjoy it.

love the 'fun vs shit' fight here

lol.  i think it's not worth fighting over.  it's party fun time music. disposable-ish. that's fine isn't it? i think so.. but there's a hundred million other things that do it. 

might as well listen to Salt N Pepa though. if you really want to party. 

Thats a weird topic, for me he has always is one of the few Electronic musicians with fresh ideas without beeing afraid of the masses and in general he is a very skilled producer with a unique approach on beats, sampling and mixing, I mean even Ae&Aphex are listening to his stuff not to mention that many tracks are "Scores" for his hilarious movies. How can you not love this guy ?

love the 'fun vs shit' fight here

lol.  i think it's not worth fighting over.  it's party fun time music. disposable-ish. that's fine isn't it? i think so.. but there's a hundred million other things that do it.

You're really hitting something here on why I can't really like that album as much as I did with others : Oizo always made fun and disposable tracks but they almost always had some kind of hidden depht within them, some kind of cynicism about club culture (best example being Positif maybe). But on this album everything feels just so cliché.

I don't remember who spoke of mid-life crisis and focusing on doing what younger people listen to today but it's right as well. I saw him live few months ago and was kinda disappointed because he almost only played shit trap songs. And PC Music, well, which was already better.

On a more positive note, the All Wet track is a grower !

I don't understand the hype, everything he's done since moustache is total shit IMHO

"Unless it's Autechre, anything new these days is shit." WATMM LOGIC

Repaired

the sampler video is lovely

Recent Oizo feels a bit like those insane low budget Ghana action movies. The trailers are overwhelmingly great and very rewatchable, but you can't imagine yourself sitting through the full length film.

4 the haters just watch this and beg for forgiveness

but pitchfork said EDM died?  jeez. that show looks awful really. not something i'd enjoy. maybe in 1993 i'd have thought it was fun. but i guess i'm just old or i've been around that block already ?

also,

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7526424/mr-oizo-all-wet-skrillex-boys-noize-peaches-phra-siriusmo

:)

4 the haters just watch this and beg for forgiveness

Nice - that track at 8:58 sounds fucking awesome! Anyone know who made it?

I got a chance to see Mr. Oizo play a set about 10 years ago or something like that and it was fucking amazing.

Also, I'm gonna buy "All Wet" just to make you guys mad. So you can take your precious 7/4 breakcore and show it up your bloody butts while talking about how groundbreaking SAW was :)

We all don't have to agree. Someone isn't forgetting how to have fun if they don't like a release - and - someone doesn't have shit taste in music for liking this CD or other music that you personally don't like. 

We all just blurb our opinions on here. Pretty much everything can be left at that. Duality, motherfuckers.

That being said, every time I go to a show like the one above, it usually just makes me anxious. The build-up, increase intensity with build, cut to random unintelligible vocal sample, then DROP, over and over again is pretty dysphoric and doesn't make me want to dance. Nothing wrong with people who do like it, more power to them. Honestly it just rubs me the wrong way. I've been going to loads of shows since my days starting as a teenage rave-rat and never been too bothered by any of the music, outside of really comical 'cybergoth' industrial and gabber being played for longer than 30 seconds. But, lately with the culture of builds and drops and people basically just constructing their sets/tracks around that formula, I've noticed it's started making me feel weird. Never really bothers me when the set isn't built around that fashion. 

Is this getting old? 

^ pretty much the way I feel. 

It's the "cut to random unintelligible vocal sample" part that bugs me about even lots of the warp/ninjatune etc roster these days, specifically Rustie/Machinedrum and the like.

Just seems a little tired to me. 

Archived