Estimated shipping date: 1/12/16

Dean McPhee / Mary Arches

Devon Folklore Tapes Vol.V

Ornithology

Twin Ten-Inch Gatefold Edition

Contains 2x 10" Records & 12page Research Booklet & Download Code

Housed in manilla hand stamped & numbered paper sleeve

Ltd Edition: 500

(Please note that this reissue does not feature the original Children of Alice 'Harbinger of Spring' piece, as the group intend to release this as an extended release in the future. For this edition Dean Mcphee has produced a new set of recordings and research based on the Devonshire lore and legends of the nightingale, robin and blackbird)

I'm not buying this. That Children of Alice piece makes up half the album and is the better of the two pieces. Major let-down.

Certainly not worth £25 or whatever they want for it without that amazing track. It practically was the album.

Also very pissed off at DFT because this originally came from a kick-starter campaign. They're not being faithful to the original issues because half the album has gone. wtf.

No Children of Alice track :(

Estimated shipping date: 1/12/16

Dean McPhee / Mary Arches

Devon Folklore Tapes Vol.V

Ornithology

Twin Ten-Inch Gatefold Edition

Contains 2x 10" Records & 12page Research Booklet & Download Code

Housed in manilla hand stamped & numbered paper sleeve

Ltd Edition: 500

(Please note that this reissue does not feature the original Children of Alice 'Harbinger of Spring' piece, as the group intend to release this as an extended release in the future. For this edition Dean Mcphee has produced a new set of recordings and research based on the Devonshire lore and legends of the nightingale, robin and blackbird)

Have you ever heard 'Harbinger Of Spring'? It's the best piece in the entire DFT series, IMO.

Also very pissed off at DFT because this originally came from a kick-starter campaign. They're not being faithful to the original issues because half the album has gone. wtf.

how do you know this is DFT's fault and not the fault of children of alice (james, roj and julian)?

also, i wonder how much this will value my original cassette now that it seems these recordings will NEVER again exist as a spilt  :biggrin:

I don't care whose fault it is. All I know is that the series is now fucked up  and not a true representation of the original tapes.  :dry:

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

i don't think they're going to sign to another label. i'm guessing they're going to rearrange and expand 'the harbinger of spring' until it begins to sound very different from the cassette version

I think the Children of Alice track was my introduction to Folklore Tapes. Disappointed it's not going to be included but preordered the vinyl anyway. And you never know about Ghost Box, think of Soundcarriers and the Mount Vernon reissue.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like it. This sounds like some random new-age dude chiming away on a guitar to a backdrop of birdsong. It has none of the uneasy, disorientated atmosphere of the piece it has replaced. Maybe it's just me but that Children Of Alice track had a peculiar 70s rural British feel to it that was in keeping with the rest of the series.

Oh well. 

I don't like it. This sounds like some random new-age dude chiming away on a guitar to a backdrop of birdsong. It has none of the uneasy, disorientated atmosphere of the piece it has replaced. Maybe it's just me but that Children Of Alice track had a peculiar 70s rural British feel to it that was in keeping with the rest of the series.

Oh well. 

Archived