episode 8 - there's more after the credits btw.

the protest scenes lack imagination. why is there a guy w/a 500 year old gas mask from WWII?  why are the cops anti-riot measures from 1980? 

some plot holes for sure. writing not very tight. flimsy stuff. the bones are good but the rest is weak. they really didn't know what to do with it all. 

and wtf w/classic rock needle drops?? pink floyd? ugh. 

I actually liked the classic rock needle drop, only cause the lyrics really fit the scene. 
Episode 8 at least have me some hope they’re going to be able to resolve the various story lines. I’m happy Arnold got some closure. 

Caleb’s utter just eh whatever response to this is a little bit of an understatement. 

Spoiler

“Hey you just got named the leader of a revolution.” No reaction.  

Anyway yeah mildly better than episode 7 but generally agree with what ignatius wrote up there. 

• 2 years later...

I passed out by the middle of season 2, does it get any better?

Edit: I read the previous page now, my bad. I guess maybe... not?

Edited by Silent Member

• 4 weeks later...

i binged watch all 3 seasons less than a year ago i think. i was fatigued as fuck and it was just right for that. 

it made a lot more sense w/seasons back to back. the thread continues through all seasons and makes it seem a lot less random or "we're pulling this out of our ass" from a plot/screenwriting POV.  it's not w/o problems but has a lot to offer still.. i think. and particularly the distortions in the minds of some of the human characters are interesting. 

• 3 months later...

it's back... I'm rewatching it but I cannot help but think that this show is too intelligent for me to follow... I'm not being sarcastic btw... I keep questioning how things actually work with all the narrative loops and storylines and how they interconnect with each other... also, the overall narrative of the show itself is quite confusing cause the time line keeps randomly jumping between past/present/future... I member getting completely lost around the start of the 3rd season... it's frustrating... but maybe I'm just overanalyzing it and I should just go with the flow and look at the philosophical questions that it poses?

Edited by cruising for burgers

OK after rewatching s01 I don't feel as dumb as b4... it's the show itself that's silly... and the show doesn't even revolve around the questions I asked (technicalities about how the park/game/narratives) work... it's basically AI and espionage with a confusing time-line...

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

^ unfortunate. season 4 was the best since season 1, if not better.

i thought it was kinda phoned in. the one twist/reveal was nice but it didn't blow me away or anything. it only got cancelled because it's so expensive and viewership died. it's like twice as expensive as the new game of thrones show but season 4 only had about 25% the viewers of that GoT series.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Discovery/WB/HBO is set to memory hole the entire Westworld series from its streaming services, after spending half a billion dollars over almost a decade, they don’t want to pay expensive residuals anymore. RIP

• Sad 1

Zaslav is killing HBO, Zaslav is just a greedy sack of shit.
Animation Fans Unhappy With Recent Cancellations, Accuse Warner Bros.  Discovery CEO David Zaslav Of Being A "Racist Trump Supporter" And Call For  His Firing - Bounding Into Comics
Zaslav's executive compensation package includes an annual salary of $3 million with an annual $22 million bonus. In his contract extension, Zaslav also received stock options valued at $190 million, making him one of the highest-paid entertainment executives in the world.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fallout is the best new series i've seen. it's very well done and it even has agent cooper. jonathan nolan and lisa joy executive producing, and jonathan nolan directed 3 of the episodes. kind of funny how it is similar to westworld, which was itself inspired by video games. i have greater appreciation for the fallout series now and it seems like a perfect backdrop for a show. the writers did a pretty good job. 

Edited by may be rude