• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 was alright, but it had problems due to the writers trying to outsmart the reddit nerds who obsessively dissect every single detail of an episode.  Wished they had explored more on the themes of the first season, such as the nature of consciousness and free will, but instead it was mostly robots running amok and incompetent PMCs getting killed.

How about for season 3, the writers concentrate on writing a coherent story with better character motives and cut out the "mystery box" bullshit in trying to pull a fast one on a marginal group of obsessive fans.

Edited by azatoth

• 10 months later...
36 minutes ago, caze said:

looks good, always wanted them to show more of the real world, looks like this will mostly be set there.

Thats what the trailer *wants* you to think ?

Looking forward to this, S2 was a bit of a weird one for me.  In the main I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the WOW factor of S1

I felt that they knew there wasn't much left to tell so they ended season 2 with kind of an open ending. I'm not sure why this needs to be revisited other than to make a few bucks.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/7/2016 at 5:44 PM, Braintree said:

That in and of itself is interesting, but I start to think about the actual logistics of how the world would work and it starts to fall apart pretty quickly.

This and the absence of a reason to root for machines except them looking pretty and sad and humans are evil makes it difficult to invest in the story. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

16 pages for s01 and 1 page for s02? lol

I've read the entire thread and I didn't see the question neither the answer for this, and I'm just wondering because a lot of you were nitpicking... 

How do guests recognize guests and don't kill each other? 

I give up for now. Somewhere towards the 3/4 mark of episode 2, I had a distinct Morgan Freeman "I don't give a shit". gif moment. This show looks amazing and expensive but is biting off so much more than anything could chew from my standpoint. I'm gonna watch this thread though--if you guys start getting excited for something, I'll try to dig back in. 

Just now, xxx said:

I give up for now. Somewhere towards the 3/4 mark of episode 2, I had a distinct Morgan Freeman "I don't give a shit". gif moment. This show looks amazing and expensive but is biting off so much more than anything could chew from my standpoint. I'm gonna watch this thread though--if you guys start getting excited for something, I'll try to dig back in. 

ep3 is better. i think it'll be that way. some good episodes and some soso. it's a complex plot i guess w/lot's of moving parts so sometimes i think they'll be lazy w/writing a bit. ?

On 3/30/2020 at 9:14 PM, ignatius said:

ep3 is better. i think it'll be that way. some good episodes and some soso. it's a complex plot i guess w/lot's of moving parts so sometimes i think they'll be lazy w/writing a bit. ?

I'm sorry to quote you but you seem like the right person to ask since you're still watching it... 

I've seen both first 2 seasons but the first time i didn't care too much for it, so now I'm re-watching them... 

And, or I'm really fucking dumb or this doesn't make any fucking sense... 

So in the end of the first season and beginning of the second, the hosts get the ability to shoot/kill guests... And i was fine with that cause it seems like it was Ford that messed up with their code and/or the park's code, so that the guns couldn't tell the difference between hosts and guests...

But then on the 3rd episode, that tiger hunters couple, when they know each other, she wants to test him and she shoots him, and he doesn't die... 

So wtf is the deal with these guns?

Right after that scene they go hunt and one of the hosts kills the guy... 

Oh and how is this guy still alive?

latest?cb=20180531141642

He was ambushed/killed by the Ghost Nation on the 2nd last episode of the first season... I understand that he's probably a host, as most of them as well but damn how dumb is this show to present this 'twist' like this?

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I'm sorry to quote you but you seem like the right person to ask since you're still watching it... 

I've seen both first 2 seasons but the first time i didn't care too much for it, so now I'm re-watching them... 

And, or I'm really fucking dumb or this doesn't make any fucking sense... 

So in the end of the first season and beginning of the second, the hosts get the ability to shoot/kill guests... And i was fine with that cause it seems like it was Ford that messed up with their code and/or the park's code, so that the guns couldn't tell the difference between hosts and guests...

But then on the 3rd episode, that tiger hunters couple, when they know each other, she wants to test him and she shoots him, and he doesn't die... 

So wtf is the deal with these guns?

Right after that scene they go hunt and one of the hosts kills the guy... 

Oh and how is this guy still alive?

latest?cb=20180531141642

He was ambushed/killed by the Ghost Nation on the 2nd last episode of the first season... I understand that he's probably a host, as most of them as well but damn how dumb is this show to present this 'twist' like this?

he's a robot. i forgot his whole story line. i should rewatch 1 and 2. 

i'm guessing we'll get some more back story type flashback stuff throughout the season.