It would be interesting if the park designer had created the park's administrative structure to amuse himself and they were all android lifeforms as well, just running at an higher level of consciousness. So there was no 'board' with the threat that the entails and Bernard's lost child was but a 'motivation' memory, buried at his core. So when Anthony Hopkins tells bernard, "just don't forget, the hosts are not real", this is an injoke for himself to be making this statement to an android that is convinced of it's humanity.

Of course, this would not be what's going on, but i don't care to speculate over the obvious stuff that is happening, or over the mysteries that have been opened up. Be nice if this was the deeper layer to it all, to be revealed near the end though.

Well i was kind of right. Be funny if the whole lot panned out, but then they wouldn't have had to kill the scandinavian.

• 2 weeks later...

stopped watching walking dead & started watching this show instead. sooo much better.

high budget intelligent sci-fi. really well made.

that scene where the technician showed Maeve the tablet display of the words she was going to speak appear in a flowchart a second before she spoke them... so excellent.

The show has grown a LOT in the latest couple of episodes. It's everything that was missing before: an actual plot, shit hitting the fan, explanations and backstory.

What I don't get is...

When they perform an autopsy on Bernard's body, aren't they going to figure out that he's a robot? And isn't that going to be bad for Ford because Bernard is like his secret project? Or does he just completely off his rocker and not give a fuck anymore, which case why bother make it look like a suicide - just to buy some time?

I'll be honest, I just watched the penultimate episode and I'm getting lost now. It's hard to figure out what is real and what isn't. It's got a bit confusing to say the least.

Not the best TV series I've ever seen but I've enjoyed it, looking forward to the finale for sure.

Big ass nerdy spoilys conspiracy theories:

Confirmed to be multiple timelines happening concurrently. Consensus seems to be that the Man in Black (Ed Harris) is William / Billy in the future.

So, who is Bernard then? The show seems all over the place right now.

Kind of a little up in the air now, Ford basically told us last night that Bernard is a robotic clone of Arnold and that Dolores killed the original Arnold. But we are learning to distrust what ever Ford says because basically he is manipulative and seems to lie at his own convenience. Very possible that Arnold never existed and Bernard was created by Ford to act as his assistant. So either way Bernard is really just Arthur 2.0 wether or not the original Arnold was a robot or not. So yeah nothing really confirmed on that front yet.

and how does absolutely no-one who works there remember what arnold looked like. 

yeah, I mentioned this back when this theory was brought up the first time. I guess it's possible that a long enough period of time has passed that no-one who works there now would have been around back then, but you'd think the upper management and board people would be aware of the history of the place and know what he looked like. maybe Ford managed to scrub out Arnold's digital existence or something. it all seems a little bit contrived, but it's also pretty cool I guess.

it does also look like the Billy/Ed Harris/multiple timeline theory was true as well, which is also kind of disappointing to me. all those early analysis scenes with Dolores were presumably between her and Arnold before she killed him. it seems that many times after that she almost uncovered those memories, the closest she came was when Bill brought her there, but then she got stabbed and presumably that was the end of that (guess we'll find out for sure in the next one - the final scene with her triggering some more recollections of that time I'm guessing, hopefully she'll be all caught up after that and we won't need any more of that nonsense next season - it is a nice touch though that their memories are so accurate that it's impossible for them to tell the difference between them and the present).

present day Dolores seems to have had her most recent triggering of the memories by seeing the picture of Bill's fiance her da found in the dirt, so has she just wandered all the way to the church by herself while having a bunch of hallucinatory memories? Presumably after she killed the bandits at her gaff and fled she just went straight there, the younger Dolores seems also to have done that prior to running into Bill, I'm not sure (did she kill the bandits more than once, or was that just in the past?).