and how does absolutely no-one who works there remember what arnold looked like. 

it was 30 years ago and Ford told Bernard in ep.2 when they talked in his office that Arnold was scrubbed from the records.

Anyone else think that the picture of William's wife is missing a person, it's framed like there should be another person in it, like the picture of Ford and Arnold, that also had an odd framing, which was revealed in the last episode to also include Bernard. Probably just a misdirection as it wouldn't make sense if William was a host too.

Edited by azatoth

and how does absolutely no-one who works there remember what arnold looked like. 

yeah, I mentioned this back when this theory was brought up the first time. I guess it's possible that a long enough period of time has passed that no-one who works there now would have been around back then, but you'd think the upper management and board people would be aware of the history of the place and know what he looked like. maybe Ford managed to scrub out Arnold's digital existence or something. it all seems a little bit contrived, but it's also pretty cool I guess.

it does also look like the Billy/Ed Harris/multiple timeline theory was true as well, which is also kind of disappointing to me. all those early analysis scenes with Dolores were presumably between her and Arnold before she killed him. it seems that many times after that she almost uncovered those memories, the closest she came was when Bill brought her there, but then she got stabbed and presumably that was the end of that (guess we'll find out for sure in the next one - the final scene with her triggering some more recollections of that time I'm guessing, hopefully she'll be all caught up after that and we won't need any more of that nonsense next season - it is a nice touch though that their memories are so accurate that it's impossible for them to tell the difference between them and the present).

present day Dolores seems to have had her most recent triggering of the memories by seeing the picture of Bill's fiance her da found in the dirt, so has she just wandered all the way to the church by herself while having a bunch of hallucinatory memories? Presumably after she killed the bandits at her gaff and fled she just went straight there, the younger Dolores seems also to have done that prior to running into Bill, I'm not sure (did she kill the bandits more than once, or was that just in the past?).

If we assume the double timeline is correct, then William/MiB (being one of the longest running gamers) came in after Arnold was already dead (the irregularities his buddy's family had probably heard the rumours about). Board members of big corps do get shuffled around quite regularly, so it's not entirely unlikely they wouldn't know. That leaves upper managment - but after the Bernarnold reveal, it wouldn't surprise me if upper management was all hosts.

I'm also somewhat disappointed the multiple timeline theory is true - feels a little cheap in terms of a plot device.

I can't remember the timeline of the earlier episodes - did MiB attack Dolores' family before she found that photo? And if MiB is William, clearly his feelings for Dolores are pretty....different. Anyways, yeah I'd agree that Dolores has just wandered there after finding the photo with a bunch of flashbacks - too much LSD in the system I guess.

The Maeve/Hector storyline is nicely set up, but still have no idea about the Wyatt storyline. Is the security guy getting ambushed part of it? Or is that another way for Bernard to contain his killing of Elsie and Theresa?

Also, shout out to Hopkins, the haunted look on his face before Bernard offs himself is some masterful acting.

Really looking forward to the season finale.

I got to say Hopkins is doing a banging job as a cruel and manipulative bastard. Very subtle stuff. I hope he stays longer on the series, but I suspect this might just be a one season gig for him. He old.

He doesn't watch TV and doesn't own a TV. Amazing actor. Incredible body of work over many decades.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3602186/westworld-star-anthony-hopkins-reveals-why-hell-never-watch-the-show/

Edited by fumi

I got to say Hopkins is doing a banging job as a cruel and manipulative bastard. Very subtle stuff. I hope he stays longer on the series, but I suspect this might just be a one season gig for him. He old.

Yeah, I'm expecting Ford's demise in some way or another, but it would be amazing if he was still around in Season 2 (if it made sense), still pulling the strings...

Speaking of which - where do you think this is going to go in Season 2?

Surely MiB, Maeve, Dolores, Ford, Stubbs, and Arnold's stories cannot all get wrapped up in the final episode? I suppose it could... but in an hour?

I always wondered if subsequent seasons would explore the other "-worlds" hinted at in the 1973 movie (Medieval World and Roman World), but if Ford is somehow removed, who is going to mastermind the park (unless Arnold is revived and becomes the head director). Certainly not that prick Sizemore.

MiB is a board member - I wonder if the board and it's true motivations will be explored (perhaps by Maeve and her army) in the next season?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11727480

Question: Have you stopped watching all television or just news?

Hopkins: I don't watch it at all.

Q: How do you inform yourself?

A: Why do I need information? It's going to come through to me anyway.

Q: In what way?

A: Conversations. 'Did you hear about that thing?' It's like obesity. It's like being told, 'Well, if you eat all this junk food, you're gonna get fat, you're going to die of heart disease, diabetes' or whatever. So you turn on the television. If you watch all that, you're going to poison your brain, your psychology, your outlook on life. You could become a cynic, miserable, a nihilist. So along come these great visionaries (who say) 'I'm going to change your life, I'm going to change everything for you'.

Q: You're talking about politicians?

A: Anyone who says they have the answer. There is no answer.

Edited by doublename

I would not be surprised if everyone is a host... after all we have yet to see what the "real world" is outside of the park

Yeah it seems a bit suspicious that none of the employees ever seem to leave the complex. Granted, a park of that scale would need to be in some secret remote location..

I would not be surprised if everyone is a host... after all we have yet to see what the "real world" is outside of the park

Yeah it seems a bit suspicious that none of the employees ever seem to leave the complex. Granted, a park of that scale would need to be in some secret remote location..

I think the 24-hour nature of the park requires them to be on the premises all the time. I found it kinda funny there is a resort inside well, a resort! (where Sizemore was drinking).

I think the 24-hour nature of the park requires them to be on the premises all the time. I found it kinda funny there is a resort inside well, a resort! (where Sizemore was drinking).

The resort is where guests are quartered to 'decompress' after their stay in the park. I guess a week or more of murdering and raping might have an effect on you that you ought to deal with before returning to the real world. But how is the real world anyways? And where is the park? Is it even on Earth? Or could it be underwater?

what if...

...everything is a simulation inside a computer?

Or, what if... it's just a bad dream and Doloros wakes up in the end and it's all fine?

What if... it's just a silly TV show script which suffers from a heavy dose of Nolanism...?

Yeh tis  a great show - I was thinking anto's a bot as well and the whole thing is an experiment on graduated intelligence and testing the es-capability and desires of sentient creations..

Did anyone else thought they heard a bit of Radiohead's "daydreaming" in ep09? Prob just my imagination and desires!

The resort is where guests are quartered to 'decompress' after their stay in the park. I guess a week or more of murdering and raping might have an effect on you that you ought to deal with before returning to the real world. But how is the real world anyways? And where is the park? Is it even on Earth? Or could it be underwater?

From the external shots they've shown, it appears the management facility is inside the park itself, and looks like it is outside, but considering there have been no weather events (beyond day and night) of note, I wonder if it is inside somewhere, with the 'sky' being part of the park...