so how do the visitors 'enter' westworld?

they board a train (presumably underground), which then probably comes out of a tunnel somewhere up above.

I remember loving that show as a kid, but the only one I can remember was the one where they were living in some house inside a massive empty void. There was another version of it in the 00s as well, that was less good. Some of the originals were great too (like the two with Shatner in them).

so how do the visitors 'enter' westworld?

they board a train (presumably underground), which then probably comes out of a tunnel somewhere up above.

It seems the train is the only 'normal' way guests enter the park (both William and Logan rode in on the train), and the show trolled us with Teddy riding in on it as well, only to turn out to be a host.

The staff have those neat hidden elevators stashed in various locations.

I'm pretty sure it's in Utah.

relevant

and how does absolutely no-one who works there remember what arnold looked like. 

it was 30 years ago and Ford told Bernard in ep.2 when they talked in his office that Arnold was scrubbed from the records.

Anyone else think that the picture of William's wife is missing a person, it's framed like there should be another person in it, like the picture of Ford and Arnold, that also had an odd framing, which was revealed in the last episode to also include Bernard. Probably just a misdirection as it wouldn't make sense if William was a host too.

that was the same photo the host found in the dirt early on right, Delores Dad? The one that made him have a mental breakdown?

I'm pretty sure it's in Utah.

relevant

and how does absolutely no-one who works there remember what arnold looked like. 

it was 30 years ago and Ford told Bernard in ep.2 when they talked in his office that Arnold was scrubbed from the records.

Anyone else think that the picture of William's wife is missing a person, it's framed like there should be another person in it, like the picture of Ford and Arnold, that also had an odd framing, which was revealed in the last episode to also include Bernard. Probably just a misdirection as it wouldn't make sense if William was a host too.

that was the same photo the host found in the dirt early on right, Delores Dad? The one that made him have a mental breakdown?

yeah, it's the same photo from the first episode.

That including adverts or from title to credit?

No ads on HBO, that should be the actual running time.

That's cool then. We don't have hbo here so when americans normally say an hour episode its 45mins here depending on the station it's played.

I for one am so fucking happy that actually explained and resolved everything so neatly and completely. We literally got a new narrative for next season.

Could you imagine if ABC did Westworld? Or the True Blood writers. This plot climax would have been delayed for 3 seasons with a half dozen shitty subplots as filler. We would have had smoke monsters, vampire AIDS, polar bears, werewolves, and lottery numbers.

Edited by joshuatx

Almost didn't keep watching after episode 1, glad I gave it a second try.. great to see a show with a reasonably deep and convincing exploration of ai. It's like watching star trek where every episode is about Data.

Little heavy on the exposition monologues, but all in all a satisfying ending to a quality season.

The Delored/Wyatt thing didn't come as a surprise, it was telegraphed earlier. Ford actually being a good guy for the hosts was a bit of twist considering how he was portrayed over the season. He was all about tough love and wanted to finish Arnold's job. I guess Hopkins isn't returning for s2, unless it's some flashbacks. Still possible he was building his own replacement in the machine, which is still up in the air who it might be.William/MiB glee when getting shot in the end was great. Maeve's storyline is interesting when it's not sure if she is running her story or deviating by staying and looking for her daughter. Still would have liked a little tease on what kind of world is outside there. Have a feeling it's an awful dystopia.

Edited by azatoth