I was expecting to see another world / scenario introduced eventually, the original film had Westworld, Medievalworld, Romanworld, and Futureworld.  Maybe we'll see a roster of Asian actors next season.

Since Hopkins has been announced for season 2, I would expect he'll be a host

Little heavy on the exposition monologues, but all in all a satisfying ending to a quality season.

The Delored/Wyatt thing didn't come as a surprise, it was telegraphed earlier. Ford actually being a good guy for the hosts was a bit of twist considering how he was portrayed over the season. He was all about tough love and wanted to finish Arnold's job. I guess Hopkins isn't returning for s2, unless it's some flashbacks. Still possible he was building his own replacement in the machine, which is still up in the air who it might be.William/MiB glee when getting shot in the end was great. Maeve's storyline is interesting when it's not sure if she is running her story or deviating by staying and looking for her daughter. Still would have liked a little tease on what kind of world is outside there. Have a feeling it's an awful dystopia.

I was a bit bummed by her getting off the train, though perhaps leaving the park this early was a tease. I dunno how long the novelty of Maeve in the real world would last. In essence it could be a whole show in and of itself, though part of me joked that it would quickly turn into a 70s era, three camera sitcom with a laugh track. My wife joked that it could be of her fumbling around trying to do modern things, like this:

still can't really wrap my mind around certain things. Not the story or scenario, it has been clear from about episode 2 that basically anything might/will happen and the only thing you can do is to passively let all the things happen while munching the popcorn.

More like certain dialog / acting / directing things, for instance the entire Maeve escape sequence with the security guards & shooting etc, all of this felt like a trashy b-movie with the snake girl and the Hector guy. Like a Terminator / Matrix mashup parody written by a sixteen year old? I had to think of Spaceballs and was loling a bit.

Other parts are good, I'll just say this series would be a complete shitfest if it weren't for Anthony Hopkins.

So uh the scope of this is kinda large and it must be difficult to maintain a high level of quality throughout. Just wondering if the trashy parts are somewhat trashy on purpose, i.e. it is trying to hint that the entire Maeve thing could be a badly written narrative within the bounds of the series universe. It would explain why all the human characters seem dumb AF.

Anyway this series already surpasses Lost in terms of silliness so imho not a good idea to take it very seriously.

Yeah I really enjoyed this. Tempted to watch again just so I can pick up on some of the subtleties.

I do hope the next season is something not western related though, would be good to have something a bit more futuristic. Seems it may be the SW that was hinted at in the finale though..

i dont really see how it can continue to be in a park now. it has to move outside as far as i can see.

i mean, if you have an ai rebellion in an enclosed park... bomb them. done. 

Season finale was kinda weak compared to the rest but I really enjoyed the series as a whole. Is Anthony Hopkins somehow part of s02?

Edited by o00o

but you think about it the right amount, right? you better lol. it's a really interesting show that delves into the growth of self awareness out of ai intellegence developing consciousness via repeatative suffering, and that stuff's important to think about. that's like life, man... samsara and shit. it's heavy stuff, plus it's entertaining!

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

but you think about it the right amount, right? you better lol. it's a really interesting show that delves into the growth of self awareness out of ai intellegence developing consciousness via repeatative suffering, and that stuff's important to think about. that's like life, man... samsara and shit. it's heavy stuff, plus it's entertaining!

That in and of itself is interesting, but I start to think about the actual logistics of how the world would work and it starts to fall apart pretty quickly.

That in and of itself is interesting, but I start to think about the actual logistics of how the world would work and it starts to fall apart pretty quickly.

yea tbh I got the same pretty much all the time. Requires very proactive suspension of disbelief on behalf of the viewer imo.

On the one hand it is kind of detailed and has all these sensible psychological little thingies going, but a lot of the environment seems kinda "uh yeah whatever. If *this* ridiculous thing can happen, nothing much matters anyway".

That's just logistics, but dunno, it doesn't really gel very well with what happens to characters as well. E.g. They made this big climactic thing out of Bernard awaking, threatening Ford, finally shooting himself. Then in the next episode they're like "can you patch him up?" - "uh sure why not" - 30 seconds later, bzzzzzt, as good as new. The consequences will never be the same? Not in Westworld.

It's still totally possible that everything we saw in season one is all just supposed to be a sim, it would explain the trash factor of the labs and most characters within. But man, that would be quite a disappointing revelation?

yeah that would be a bummer

sort of in the same vein... something that stuck out as odd was that in the earlier timeline williams brother in law mentions he is paying $40,000 a day for them to be there. it sounds like a lot of money but then when you think of the size of that place and all the equipment and staff costs... the overhead in that place would be crazy. i just dont see how they could afford to run it charging people that little.

i guess he does mention they are hemorrhaging money... but still! and presumably this is in the future. if you adjust for inflation assuming maybe this takes place in 50 years... idk lol

yea that's fully ridiculous tbh. Like how cheap is it to do repairs on heavily maimed robots?

Also, the robots are made from organic matter yes? Just like real people? So apparently it's ok to just uh... "disable motor functions" which probably includes breathing? You can apparently just let them stand "in (not so) cold storage" without their feet disintegrating, or them starving. don't they need to poop and eat? If not, how do their bodies not fall apart from lack of metabolism?