..fucking intense...wow...

best series ever. just finished e06. goosebumps everywhere

im glad i didnt read a single post in this thread which I will continue to do so posting in this thread is totally ridiculous...

whatever ;)

Edited by Test Fforet

i'm only 8 episodes in to a bingewatch

thoughts so far;

I had a feeling that one of the characters presented as a human would turn out to be a host but did not predict which one it would be, and it was surprising and plausible to me.

the acting is a bit uneven at times, but for the most part is excellent (thandie newton, anthony hopkins, ed harris A+)

love the recurring player-piano motif

i hope the writers have an overall plot/scheme, so it doesn't end up like carnivale/battlestar galactica

the dolores/ william / logan writing is pretty bad at times

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fuck me episode 8 of Season 2 has made EVERYTHING worth it. (impenatrable timelines etc)

The drama.. the sadness.... 10/10 acting and also the subtle commendatory on the Native/African American saga

top tier TV right there

i feel that its a better series if you have a conversation about the episodes afterwards

tends to articulate some of the philosophical themes

memory, consciousness, rights blah blah

its quite a slow show surprisingly 

Edited by bendish

Not watched episode 8 yet, but I definitely don't have the feel's for the show like I did in season 1.  Still good to watch, but something is not quite clicking.

same - but chatting with colleagues, watching some review shows on youtube... all help with the dense themes.

watch 8 - its gold

yeah 8 was sick. i liked s02e04 a lot, too. 

i could nitpick but overall they seem to have executed season 2 in the best way possible. they transitioned from a sprawling story to an outright twin peaks kind of story. they emerged from a linear aspect of season 1 and are using the premise as context for stand-alone episodes, while piecing together the complex overarching story from different angles.

my friend jumped in with s02e04 and loved it. would be awesome to jump in with s02e08.

Edited by very honest

Theres a sort of "Memento" thing going on too. Remember that Guy Pearce/Christopher Nolan film? Where the way it was structured got you into the mind of the character.

Well Westworlds crazy timelines and the way the show jumps around sort of does the same thing. I told a fiend who thought it was boring and repetitive that thats how the hosts feel.. but awareness emerges on  the other side...kinda!

I am really enjoying the new season, that surprisingly got off to a slow start. The most recent episode especially has done an excellent job of telling the story from the hosts' perspective.

Looks like the next one will finally fill in the missing pieces of William (aka The Man in Black) and his connection to the park and the Delos family and why he's doing what he's doing.

yeah, 8 was a lovely episode.

i too prefer season 1, and i guess is because this season had to tell the whole bloody revolt stuff which is the least interesting part of the story as a whole. those lame shooting scenes, armored vehicles, militarized security ops, obvious gore with bad attempts at horror *snores*. even dolores turned into the lamest character imo.

that slow mo+gore & violence+beethoven combo was the worst! obligatory meme:

bad-guy-kills-everyone-acks-dept-while-l

ep 8 was shite.

ep 9 was good. ppl just being psychotic messed up. Full on psychosis is the basic mental state I would expect from everyone in that fkn park all the time. If every episode would be like episode 9 the show would be good. But isn’t.

Edited by Guest

I felt like the show was slipping a bit so far in s2.. getting a bit filler-y etc (out of place/irrelevant side stories etc) but episode 9 really cleared some things up for me—I need to be spoonfed some of the less obvious concepts sometimes—and finally started getting a bit more interesting.