I believe Jonathan Nolan wrote the script for Memento so makes sense the themes overlap.

Theres a sort of "Memento" thing going on too. Remember that Guy Pearce/Christopher Nolan film? Where the way it was structured got you into the mind of the character.

Well Westworlds crazy timelines and the way the show jumps around sort of does the same thing. I told a fiend who thought it was boring and repetitive that thats how the hosts feel.. but awareness emerges on  the other side...kinda!

I felt like the show was slipping a bit so far in s2.. getting a bit filler-y etc (out of place/irrelevant side stories etc) but episode 9 really cleared some things up for me—I need to be spoonfed some of the less obvious concepts sometimes—and finally started getting a bit more interesting.

Yeah this is pretty divisive. Some people online are really raving about episode 8 (the akchetta one) and the samurai one but i would have rather had those stories spliced within the rest of the narrative as well. I don't really see them as irrelevant as they are each providing context to the environment and characters but when you receive it all as one big lump its like watching a kind of unfulfilling black mirror episode as they don't ark and provide any real sense of closure as independent bodies of work.

I felt like the show was slipping a bit so far in s2.. getting a bit filler-y etc (out of place/irrelevant side stories etc) but episode 9 really cleared some things up for me—I need to be spoonfed some of the less obvious concepts sometimes—and finally started getting a bit more interesting.

Hope the final ep ends with a sick dance number to: 

lol, played on a honkytonk piano

ep 8 was shite.

Enjoyed ep8, not very often a prime time tv show is subtitled for the full hour. Heart Shaped Box piano remix still makes me lol a bit.

Season 2 was alright, but it had problems due to the writers trying to outsmart the reddit nerds who obsessively dissect every single detail of an episode.  Wished they had explored more on the themes of the first season, such as the nature of consciousness and free will, but instead it was mostly robots running amok and incompetent PMCs getting killed.

How about for season 3, the writers concentrate on writing a coherent story with better character motives and cut out the "mystery box" bullshit in trying to pull a fast one on a marginal group of obsessive fans.

Edited by azatoth

looks good, always wanted them to show more of the real world, looks like this will mostly be set there.

Samurai-land killed to show for me. Did samurai-land burn down as well?

36 minutes ago, caze said:

looks good, always wanted them to show more of the real world, looks like this will mostly be set there.

Thats what the trailer *wants* you to think 😉

Looking forward to this, S2 was a bit of a weird one for me.  In the main I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the WOW factor of S1

I felt that they knew there wasn't much left to tell so they ended season 2 with kind of an open ending. I'm not sure why this needs to be revisited other than to make a few bucks.