The main score is composed by the same guy responsible for Game Of Thrones. That's either a good thing or bad thing depending on whether or not you like his work.

Well that explains that then. (that it sounded like the game of thrones opening) I wonder if he wrote something more original for it but the producers of the show hammered down his throat that they hired him specifically because they wanted something that was 'like the game of thrones intro'. And so he got to work just rearranging the notes in the main melody, changing the packaging a little and we ended up with what we ended up with.

It really does sound like that. Just a selection of notes rearranged from Game Of Thrones. I think they should have hired someone else or let the composer decide instead of playing it safe. It's really the only criticism I have of the show.

The opening theme was awful, I thought the rest of the music was good, loved Black Hole Sun on the player piano.

I wouldn't call it awful but I've listened to the theme 3-4 times now (I watched the opening credits a couple of times yesterday) and I can't recall anything from it. So I wouldn't call it awful but it's extremely forgettable. They should have gotten Max Richter...

It really does sound like that. Just a selection of notes rearranged from Game Of Thrones. I think they should have hired someone else or let the composer decide instead of playing it safe. It's really the only criticism I have of the show.

Yeah, but we're music dudes, so we've gotta comment on the music and be distracted by it etc. No shame in that. heh.

Knudsens so good. She has that chameleon quality.

I'm actually interested in hearing what people who don't know her from previous movies think about her.

watched the ep a second time just now - haven't seen anything else with her and she's super.. just don't know what else to say about her at the moment tbqh.

this show better keep it up, right now it's such a great setup, it could go anywhere..

Edited by Guest

she was in Duke of Burgundy, and was great in it, only thing I've seen her in. Not seen Borgen, which is what most people would know her from I suppose.

All the women in the show are really fucking hot. No surprise really. It's television. HBO aren't going to drop a hundred million on a TV show and fill it with ugly people.

Just sayin.

All the women in the show are really fucking hot. No surprise really. It's television. HBO aren't going to drop a hundred million on a TV show and fill it with ugly people.

Just sayin.

hang on a minute ... did you see

when they went down to where they store the old androids, i think the second time when they were dropping of the rancher girl's dad. Anyway in the right of middle centre of the shot was the fattest damn woman that you are likely to see who is still able to stand up. I think it was CG, cause who'd want to do the casting on all those naked bodies. Wasn't on screen for very long.

I've always felt that the music in Game of Thrones is very "muted" and kind of bland, but with the exception of the intro and some of the more musical parts, I thought it fit quite well in Westworld. The sort of optimistic music in the beginning when the guy is coming off the train seems a little lightweight somehow, like a broadcast network show, but overall throughout the episode I didn't notice and it all seemed to flow perfectly. Loved just about all of it (story, actors are perfect), grew as the episode went on. Very nice

Edited by coax

Ah. you're right. Just watched that again.

Still, Westworld is almost a comment on real life. The ugly people, those that don't shape up (physically or mentally) are kept out of the way. In this case, down in the basement areas.

I've always felt that the music in Game of Thrones is very "muted" and kind of bland, but with the exception of the intro and some of the more musical parts, I thought it fit quite well in Westworld. The sort of optimistic music in the beginning when the guy is coming off the train seems a little lightweight somehow, like a broadcast network show, but overall throughout the episode I didn't notice and it all seemed to flow perfectly. Loved just about all of it (story, actors are perfect), grew as the episode went on. Very nice

The GoT theme has always reminded me of...

Still, Westworld is almost a comment on real life. The ugly people, those that don't shape up (physically or mentally) are kept out of the way. In this case, down in the basement areas.

lol, my local shopping mall says different. Although it's kind of true, when i go to shopping malls that are a bit more far flung, where the little people live. There are creatures walking around that one would never encounter closer to my area. Weird lookin' creatures.

There is a nice airy, atmospheric synth that begins about the 16 min mark when they are first discussing the reveries.

yeah i was also put off by the intro music, but during the show itself i thought it was pretty good. the got score was also very hit and miss, but the guy got a distinct voice for sure. i really liked this one from s06e08, reminded me of magyar posse in how proggy it is and stylistically all over the place and kinda cheesy but very unabashedly dramatic, melodic and propulsive:

The GoT theme has always reminded me of...

haha, i can feel it in a weird way!

There is a nice airy, atmospheric synth that begins about the 16 min mark when they are first discussing the reveries.

Yeah the atmospheric stuff seemed great. Going to do a second watch tonight or tomorrow. I can still feel the vibe from first ep :

lol, my local shopping mall says different. Although it's kind of true, when i go to shopping malls that are a bit more far flung, where the little people live. There are creatures walking around that one would never encounter closer to my area. Weird lookin' creatures.

it's interesting how different people live, dress, act, etc. depending on where they live, even within the same states, metroplexes, etc. body types, heights, proportions and shapes vary a lot IRL. that's why I find caricatures in cartoons sometimes more reflective of real people than the average tv show. Bob's Burgers is a good example.

so i thought the scene with the average / regular looking androids wasn't surprising at all. though less frequent there are sex and nudity scenes in game of thrones with women who are not absurdly attractive, fit, and pristine shaven vixens. same with other shows like true blood and boardwalk empire. westworld has a lot of extras in town as well and the fact that there's a basement of regular looking androids just enhances the eerie fact that they are indistinguishable from actual living humans.

re shopping mall - what you guys make of that? I mean the security squad and the developer heading to to the basement, it looks like a decommissioned mall place. So where is the park..? Built on top of an old city? Or an old version of the park that resembled a mall..?

it's interesting how different people live, dress, act, etc. depending on where they live, even within the same states, metroplexes, etc. body types, heights, proportions and shapes vary a lot IRL. that's why I find caricatures in cartoons sometimes more reflective of real people than the average tv show. Bob's Burgers is a good example.

so i thought the scene with the average / regular looking androids wasn't surprising at all. though less frequent there are sex and nudity scenes in game of thrones with women who are not absurdly attractive, fit, and pristine shaven vixens. same with other shows like true blood and boardwalk empire. westworld has a lot of extras in town as well and the fact that there's a basement of regular looking androids just enhances the eerie fact that they are indistinguishable from actual living humans.

You're on point about cartoons having more license to draw archetypes from real. When hollywood hires actors they have seem to have different criteria and priorities in mind. Plus maybe really 'odd' looking people don't go to acting school very often, so there's a dearth of the salt of the earth in the casting book.

re shopping mall - what you guys make of that? I mean the security squad and the developer heading to to the basement, it looks like a decommissioned mall place. So where is the park..? Built on top of an old city? Or an old version of the park that resembled a mall..?

The plot mentioned that the park has a lot of levels, so perhaps westworld isn't the only possible experience. The have just focused on the westworld activities and creature building because it was salient to the plot. Maybe the whole thing is on a space station ? Then again this is all bunk, the levels are all underground the fascility that is built atop that bluff and probably strictly service westworld. I'd imagine that there's service tunnels and so forth under the entirity of westworld, that's how they can stage an intervention when something goes wrong, with reasonable speed.