just watched #4. this show just keeps getting worse. the only character that doesn't drive me crazy is delores. i can't imagine every other person doing the whole pseudo enigmatic mysterious bullshit thing is going to have any payoff and the whole thing just feels so contrived.

Was avoiding this thread for spoilers, but surprised now to see so many people disliking it, or rather not buying into it

I'm loving it so far - but then again, I like my sci-fi

Morality/Consciousness/Uncontrollable exponential technology.. all great meaty topics, and i'm hungry for mooore

If this doesn't pick up in the next few episodes in terms of resolving things rather than just complicating them further, I guess I'll only be watching it for the Delores eye candy.

just watched #4. this show just keeps getting worse. the only character that doesn't drive me crazy is delores. i can't imagine every other person doing the whole pseudo enigmatic mysterious bullshit thing is going to have any payoff and the whole thing just feels so contrived.

What "pseudo enigmatic mysterious bullshit thing"?

Weird, 4 episodes in and WATMM doesn't seem to've reached anything approaching a consensus on this yet. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm in the minority (I like it)?

You just have refined taste (in good company).

If this doesn't pick up in the next few episodes in terms of resolving things rather than just complicating them further, I guess I'll only be watching it for the DeloresMaeve eye candy.

Fixt. :bonerschwing:

anthony hopkins, bernard, ed harris, the investor woman... they're all up to something...  but what is it??? so mysterious...

anthony hopkins, bernard, ed harris, the investor woman... they're all up to something... but what is it??? so mysterious...

Isn't that usually referred to as "a plot"?

i dunno that could usually last for 30 min-hour for a movie but it's been 4 hours of this shit ;p

i mean i realize they're going to try and milk this shit for years but geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

If this doesn't pick up in the next few episodes in terms of resolving things rather than just complicating them further, I guess I'll only be watching it for the DeloresMaeve eye candy.

Fixt. :bonerschwing:

OK, Maeve > Delores for sure. But I do have a thing for the potty mouth engineer. I know she's like sophomoric as fuck but there's just something about her. Kind of like Fist Bump Girl from Walking Dead. Clearly I have a type.

anthony hopkins, bernard, ed harris, the investor woman... they're all up to something... but what is it??? so mysterious...

Isn't that usually referred to as "a plot"?

lol

i dunno that could usually last for 30 min-hour for a movie but it's been 4 hours of this shit ;p

i mean i realize they're going to try and milk this shit for years but geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

OK I was feeling like this on the 3rd episode. I get that. But this one? I don't know. Maybe they are just tickling me in the right spots right now and lulling me into some nerd hypnosis and that's what it's like to be deftly pandered to.

I guess even if this show turns out to be dumb, I'll leave relieved that a company like HBO would attempt smart sci-fi in a time when cinema's ozone layer has been obliterated by the toxic smogfarts of superheroes and the ghosts of Tolkien and Lucas.

God bless television in the internet era.

Edited by sweepstakes

Yeah but there's lots to delve into - I mean they've barely scratched the surface of the MiB in terms of backstory.

I dunno, I guess I like having some mystery - like with The Hobbit (the book), you knew what the end game was from the start, but the story along the way was compelling. Well with this, you're not quite sure what the end game is - and it's up to the show runners to make the story compelling enough to get you to watch to the end game. So far for me, they've done that.

They need some Avril 14th on that player piano though. Or maybe some Nanou2, or Aisatsana or...

Only on Epidode 2. I get the feeling that Ed Harris is basically just like somone playing candy crush. "Yay I completed this special map... back to the main one, I only have 20 levels left" *notices devs added 200 more levels... cries*

Eventually Ed Harris just runs out of money to play any more.

Only on Epidode 2. I get the feeling that Ed Harris is basically just like somone playing candy crush. "Yay I completed this special map... back to the main one, I only have 20 levels left" *notices devs added 200 more levels... cries*

Eventually Ed Harris just runs out of money to play any more.

I think the Ed Harris storyline is just one of those things that will run season after season with no conclusion. Ever.

watched ep 5. definitely seeming more likely that the hacker from house of cards is ed harris although i'm not sure i'd've gotten there if someone hadn't mentioned it before. still not doing a whole hell of a lot for me.

but now there are

space laser data exfiltration woke droid killer mode dead body nitro booby traps gold spray paint asses & tits and a huge dick

and many more very engaging things - is this not enough?

I like it. It has picked up steam as I hoped it would. Dolores getting a level up is nice and William leaving Logan behind was good too. And Maeve is probably going to start some shit that will start killing guests.