IGNORED

Arturia drumbrute

d-a-m-o

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, seeing how this is arturia I'm definitely waiting to see what bugs there are and if there's any chance of them getting fixed.

isn't that more of a complaint about their digital midi controllers? i was under the impression that the mini/microbrute were both pretty solid. i definitely never had any issues with my micro

I hope the trend of those white translucent LED buttons will finish soon…they ruin everything and it's been since the first electribes they are around. So cheap looking and unfortunately manufacturers put them everywhere, also in high quality products (tempest, oto machines, rytm, etc).

isn't that more of a complaint about their digital midi controllers? i was under the impression that the mini/microbrute were both pretty solid. i definitely never had any issues with my micro

Ah, good point. I've only had experience with the beatstep/pro and their softsynths and assumed all of their products would be as bug riddled as those. 

It looks cool enough but I find it very hard to judge the sound from that demo that's posted on CDM as the recording sounds incredibly dull. (very little high end/muffled)

I have a beatstep pro and am very happy with it. This new drum machine is exactly what i need! Really excited about the possibilities. I'll wait for extensive feedback but i have a strong feeling i'll pick one of these up next year some time.

It looks cool enough but I find it very hard to judge the sound from that demo that's posted on CDM as the recording sounds incredibly dull. (very little high end/muffled)

I found that too. It reminded me of the feeling I got from the demos of the newest MFB drum machines. They sound…simplistic?

The instruments have not that richness I expected, especially things like snares, claps and hi-hats. I think it has to do with the lack of oscillators, but I'm not that technically knowledgeable to know it for sure. Bass drums sound ok but those are the simplest to synthesize, compared to others at least.

I got a micro new, straight out of the box

-pitch wheel was defective, did that thingwhere instead of bending the pitch it does nothing until you've pushed it all the way across its range and then snaps to full value

-entire sequencer section was completely dead, lights didn't even light

-keyboard worked fine but was sub Casio SK-1

Returned it and used the money to buy an Anushri kit that I use constantly.

It's a shame, because I really did like the sound of the filter on it.  Just in general I think Arturia has good ideas but the stuff I've tried has always had quality control issues that made it frustrating to use at best. I really want to like their stuff.

That thing does look cool, though, I hope this is a good one.

And I hope they keep supporting it if needed (last I checked, a couple months ago before I sold it, the Beatstep Pro firmware hadn't been updated in 6 or 7 months an was still the buggy version I was running).  Or better yet, just get it solid out of the gate so it doesn't need updates.

This looks really nice for the price point. It also has a great classic analogue drum machine sound. I could definitely use something like this.

Nice! This is really refreshing as most drum machines at this price point are VA and Elektron makes up most of the market of the expensive drum machines. We need more (relatively) affordable true analog drum machines.

the interface looks fun to play and the features are cool, and it's a super price..

but unfortunately it sounds like total ass tbh.. ?

Guest bitroast

agreed that the sound doesn't really sell it for me. 

but... for the price point. it's almost sitting in budget territories alongside the volca range (almost) or um .. the tr09. 

so that + individual outs means you might be able to craft something pretty nice out of the sounds ?? maybe. i'm guessing. 

+ polyrythms. 

thing looks decent. 

Archived