IGNORED

100 Best albums of the Nineties (Rolling Stone)

goDel

Ratmm get a lot of flack hurled at them from what I read but Battle For Los Angeles is indeed a great album. Ragged Glory by Neil Young is another often overlooked gem. Never got on the Pavement wave. Etc etc etc.

those blurbs made me appreciate pitchfork's writing, which is quite the accomplishment

SPIN did some top 500 tracks ever for their anniversary and it was so fucking trite, made the pfork decade lists look admirable in comparison.

All of these are just trying to out-buzzfeed each other for clicks. RS, NME SPIN, FACT, Pfork, its all the same now. These all brands now, not unique editorial institutions. SAW on the list is a trade off for some BS inclusion elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ratmm get a lot of flack hurled at them from what I read but Battle For Los Angeles is indeed a great album. Ragged Glory by Neil Young is another often overlooked gem. Never got on the Pavement wave. Etc etc etc.

RATM is a band I was grateful for as a pissed off teen but one I rarely revisit for that same reason. Truly unique sound too.

Skimmed it. Weird fucking list.

...also this Pinkerton > Blue album bullshit is out of hand. Amused they put Sublime so high but after all that is a popular and very 90s album. Apparently RS still does not like heavy metal.

upon quick skim... this list is pretty awful and pretty all over the place on where albums seem to be stuck in also Nevermind as number one? That's not even the best Nirvana album.

Its Saturday, I'm drunk like a lord, I just wanna say Rolling Stone can suck watmm cock!

Rolling Fucking Stone? No doubt I've learnt way more here one day on Planet Watmm than ever on Planet Rolling Stone.

Fuck off Rolling Stone :beer:  and drink like a beast :diablo: and suck the wolfmans cock :emotawesomepm9:

We'll fucking destroy you with our legendary knowledge and ninja skills :shuriken:

Suck my nuts Rolling Stone :cisfor:

wait a minute, J mascis makes their top 100 best guitarist of all time, yet no Dinodaur jr album?

makes no sense.

Im surprised to see no dinosaur jr, dave matthews band, Ween, modest mouse, sarah mclachlan, jewel, celine dion, built to spill, BOC, Paula cole, FSOL, Alice in chains, the orb

Which Dave Matthews Band joint were you expecting?

edit - re: Modest Mouse, I'd be surprised if The Moon & Antarctica isn't in their 00's list (if they've done one).

aah the 90's i don't even remember that decade, god knows what happened in those 10 years maybe its better to forget can't be anything good 

anyways to me the best album made in the 90's is LFO's frequencies i mean what can i say that hasn't been say so i won't say anything, never listen to it tho i just like the cover art with the alien figure so 90's 

Which Dave Matthews Band joint were you expecting?

edit - re: Modest Mouse, I'd be surprised if The Moon & Antarctica isn't in their 00's list (if they've done one).

Crash or under the table and dreaming or Beyond these crowded streets

Such a garbage, predictable list.

...also this Pinkerton > Blue album bullshit is out of hand.

yeah i went on a huge rant about this in some other thread. pinkerton has half the effort put into it that blue album had, there are some good songs but blimey if you really think it's a better album than blue then you have a few wires crossed in your head imo.

Yo, Pinkerton is rad.

(but yea it's no Blue)

where the fuck is the mollusk by ween

list is invalid

Word. or at least C&C

Archived