IGNORED

Your Guilty Pleasure

fumi

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno, i have a huge playlist in itunes full of one hit wonders, pop stuff. i don't feel too guilty cause it's not that i like the artists just the particular song

soooo :emotawesomepm9:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

First thing I think about is that I like random pop song tracks. For example Like I like some madonna tracks, like 'vogue' which I think is a nice song.

I love the period synths that are simple, it sounds like it's from it's era. I wish there was music dedicated to emulating older music and not necessarily trying to expand on it with new production techniques. Not like how analord was emulating older synths, but really it feels like music from the mid 2000s emulating old sounds, which is not a bad thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seldom hear a Duran Duran song I don't like.  Those heavily processed drums that are way ahead of the beat are crazy sloppy -interesting they let that pass- but great tune regardless.  I think they sort of struggled to nail down the production with a lot of their early work.  Had it figured out by Ordinary World though.

Enya is luuuuussssssahhhhhh.

Their harmonies brought this gem to mind:

The pre-chorus harmony arrangement on this song at 0:55 (and elsewhere) is pretty much as good as harmonies can get.  No guilt here, though I recognize others may think I should feel it.  It's the only way I can really participate in this thread, as I stand behind the music I like 100%.

Archived